LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thrift Store Diaper Finds

bulkybaby

So I stopped into my local savers a few days ago, that from time to time has various adult diapers in stock, this time not too much in way of disposables but after digging through the bins and under some cheap xtrasmall briefs I find a pile of about 20 terry lined diaper covers in various sizes, they were marked for only $1.99!!! I find a couple packs marked large and open one up to hold up to my waist and to my surprise the look like they'll fit but snuggly. So I grab a 2 pairs and head to the register, best $4 I've ever spent on diapers! They are a bit too small to use as diaper covers but should work well as fixing pants for some abena x-plus pads or as a pair of training pants for when I need to be a big boy for a bit. Anyone else have some good thrift store finds?

I'm always checking the thrift stores for diapers. My latest find was 3 packs of First Quality diapers for $5, but then marked down 50% for red tags that day, so I got them for $2.50 a pack.

Thrift stores are the way to go. Since our insurance won't pay for my diapers, we buy most of them at thrift stores, there is a rescue mission that holds them in the back and sells them to us for $2 per bag or $8 per case. I still have to pay full price for my abena Xplus's that I wear at night but oh well.

John

Wow, I never see any in thrift stores in the bay area. They hand like 25 bags of Molicares? Damn, those should last you awhile. What even if you need them 24/7 that i would thing be almost a years worth of diapers.

This subject is my specialty. I have a route planed out which will take me by nine different thrift stores, I would go today but im broke and know better.

My best finds... Recently, pack of molicare super for 2.99. It was such a good find I actually had a dream about finding them a week later.

My best find ever was on craigs list. The title of the add just said "depends" and it was 2 months old. I contacted the seller and she meet me the next day. The back of her van had 3 over sized (and over flowing) trash bags of many different types of diapers and pads. My acura had one bag in the trunk, one in the back seat and one in the passenger seat. I got it all for about 40.00

Another find was at a drug store back in 2002-2003. There was two bags of pampers that were very old for eight bucks. I bought one of them for fun and opened it on the way home. Kept one and put the rest on ebay. It sold for 250.00, anyone see that coming? I was in shock and rushed back to buy the other pack... it sold for 500.00 unopened.

About a year ago, I found a ton of Tranquillity ATN's for $5 I bought 2. Every day they had a color tag of the day and that color tag was 1/2 off went back each day to check on the stash and when the green tags were half off, I grabbed three more packs.

I currently have some blue attends that I got for less than $5. I could have gotten more but my stash is pretty well stocked right now.

My best find was old school white attends, the good ones, at a thrift store that was going out of business, scored a pack for .75

The one I kicked myself over not getting was a box of orange XL toddler pampers from the mid 80's probably could have been big bucks on ebay, but I am sure I would have wanted them for myself even if they didn't fit. This was probably 5 years ago. I can usually find something whenever I go in one, but I don't always buy, depending on what they have.

I go to the thrift stores as much as possible looking for diapers. When I lived in a bigger area almost all the diapers that I used were ones that I found at thrift stores. Mostly what I find now is pull ups.

Ive done pretty well at finding older Attends, but they have been getting few and far between.

Ive also found Molicare Super Plus, Secure Plus, Promise Ultras, and old Pampers at various times.

I think my favorite find was when I found 40 bags of Prevail fitted briefs.

Now when traveling I look for thrift stores as much as small pharmacys just to see what they have.

• Like 1

I am constantly checking out thrift stores for deals on diapers all the time. Goodwill, Salvation Army, Value Village to name a few.

Just yesterday I picked up 4 bags of Kendall maxi smalls for $5/bag of 20. I normally wear mediums, so I will use these as a stuffer

in a regular fit diaper. I have come across diapers such as Attends, Tena, Kendall plus many other no name diapers in plain plastic bags.

this really IS a good tip. i went down to the local Value Village today and did indeed find some. they had two clear plastic bags each stuffed with huggies Pullups brand. only $2/bag! too bad that's no use to me.. so i went to the salvation army. there i found they had at least 8 packs of various Tena for $4.99, and they had a bag of XL girls Goodnites. the package was a little old, too, so they might be last year's variety, which are supposedly better. sad thing is... i couldn't work up the courage to buy them. i think i'll go back tomorrow and just weather the dirty look i get from the cashier, though.

anyways, i plan on visiting every other thrift store in town now.

this really IS a good tip. i went down to the local Value Village today and did indeed find some. they had two clear plastic bags each stuffed with huggies Pullups brand. only $2/bag! too bad that's no use to me.. so i went to the salvation army. there i found they had at least 8 packs of various Tena for $4.99, and they had a bag of XL girls Goodnites. the package was a little old, too, so they might be last year's variety, which are supposedly better. sad thing is... i couldn't work up the courage to buy them. i think i'll go back tomorrow and just weather the dirty look i get from the cashier, though.

anyways, i plan on visiting every other thrift store in town now.

Go very early when they first open. This is a good time to buy with out many people seeing you.

So I read this thread yesterday, and figured what the heck. Me and the wife took a short trip over to our local store. I picked up a few shirts, and went scouting around the other sections. My wife found them first! There was a clear bag of peach colored ones and another bag of baby blue ones. It was obvious the peach colored ones were smalls so we got those at a whopping 90 cents a bag, I left the Blue ones fearing they would be too large. It turns out they are Kendall Wings Brand by the tapes. The Ones I got I think are the youth size and are just a tad to small for the hip tapes to fully reach the plastic, but I can get the top tapes on, so I flipped the bottom tapes in, and put them on.

They are kinda cute, and look like a real baby diaper as they only have two tapes at my waist. Looks like the blue ones were a large so they would have been way to big. So yeah score me 1 with a thrift store find. So any Columbus AB/DL's want the larges? The store is on the corner of Broad and Hamilton. :thumbsup:

Go very early when they first open. This is a good time to buy with out many people seeing you.

Study when the place is not busy and go then ;) Sometimes 10:30-11 AM things get real slow then pick up for lunch. Mid-afternoon usually has a slow time. Sometimes just before closing is slow, sometimes there's a mad dash of people to get there before they close. Every place varies so just keep an eye on the store every time you go by and you'll soon figure out the best time to shop B)

Bettypooh

I went to the thrift store last night, and I found a package of what I can only describe as booster diapers. They have no tapes on them except for a peel off sticky area on the plastic shell. They are shaped just like a diaper and are green. Has anyone seen anything like this and might know what they are I would appreciate the info.

I went to the thrift store last night, and I found a package of what I can only describe as booster diapers. They have no tapes on them except for a peel off sticky area on the plastic shell. They are shaped just like a diaper and are green. Has anyone seen anything like this and might know what they are I would appreciate the info.

Those are for use in mesh or cloth pants - the adhesive strip holds them in place in the underwear.

Thanks dprTodd. On a side note if anyone is in the Columbus/Grove City area, the new Volunteers of America on Stringtown rd. has at least 10 packs of small tranquilty briefs at $1.92 a 12 pack, and also a whole case for $6 something that is 96 diapers for under $7.

When you go into the Thrift Stores and don't find anything at first, has anyone asked someone at the store if they have any? The couple of stores that I have gone into haven't had anything and I couldn't muster up the courage to ask anyone on the staff.

When you go into the Thrift Stores and don't find anything at first, has anyone asked someone at the store if they have any? The couple of stores that I have gone into haven't had anything and I couldn't muster up the courage to ask anyone on the staff.

They are in the business of moving merchandise, if they have it, it is on the sales floor. Items are priced low and they make their money in volume yea their might be stacks of stuff in back to be priced in back, but they usually don't know what they have until they sort and process it. Every day could be different as to what they have and don't have, they stock what they receive as it comes in, no set inventory.

Alright if anyone is in the phoenix area I've got a deal for you. The savers in tempe has 20 packs of molicare supers size small for $5 a pack!!! That's like 4 cases for the price of 1!!

Seriously??? Send me a PM if they still have them, I'll Make it worth your while to send them to me!!! :)

And To ad basically it's a daily thing, You need to keep going in, they have new inventory every day! At some point when ya "grow up" and can talk to a stranger, you could make a friend in there and they could call you if they come in. Comes in Handy to have a inside source! :thumbsup: