LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lead Singer For Queen

I was wondering who all of you thought was a better lead singer for the rock group Queen? Freddie Mercury or Paul Rodgers? I think Freddie is better. I heard a remake one of the classic Queen hits who Paul Rodgers sang the lead in. It was horrible in my opinion. He might be a good singer,but he is lacking greatly when it comes to singing lead. Paul Rodgers shouldn't butcher the songs trying to sing them.

Nothing will replace Freddie, its like having the FA Cup Final with small teams, just not right.

Anyway no one on earth will ever do better vocals on Bohemian Rhapsody. Paul Rogers, however excellent with Free and Bad company.

There can only be ONE line-up for any band, and that is the original and best. With 'Queen', it is Freddie Mercury (vocals), Brian May (guitar), John Deacon (bass) and Rodger Taylor (drums). Any other line-up isn't Queen, but a cheap copy. Some bands, after a split or something, try to perform with only one or two of the original line-up claiming to be that band, but it never sounds correct.

I agree with you,babykeiff. The original band is the best. I heard a rumor that Queen is going to go on tour with some guy from American Idol. Has anyone else heard that rumor? It came out not long after Queen was on American Idol and sang with one of the contestants and was impressed by him. I haven't heard anything since about the guy joining Queen and them touring. I hope the rumor is just that and there is no truth to it.

[quote name='babykeiff' timestamp='

1283463715' post='339726']

There can only be ONE line-up for any band,

and that is the original and best. With 'Queen',

it is Freddie Mercury (vocals), Brian May (guitar)

, John Deacon (bass) and Rodger Taylor (drums)

. Any other line-up isn't Queen, but a cheap

copy. Some bands, after a split or something,

try to perform with only one or two of the

original line-up claiming to be that band, but it

never sounds correct.

I agree with you,babykeiff. The original band is the best. I heard a rumor that Queen is going to go on tour with some guy from American Idol. Has anyone else heard that rumor? It came out not long after Queen was on American Idol and sang with one of the contestants and was impressed by him. I haven't heard anything since about the guy joining Queen and them touring. I hope the rumor is just that and there is no truth to it.

I remember seeing that online a long time ago, but haven't seen anything since. *shrugs*

As for QUEEN, yes Freddie was perfect, Paul Rodgers should bow out out of respect.

Adam Lambert finalist of American Idol was ASKED by QUEEN members to sign on with the band but Adam respectfully turned them down - He would have done well but knew comparison would be critical by most Queenies.

Journey sounds great with Arnel Pineda, Steve Perry is held in high regard by Arnel.

Huggie :biker_h4h:

Journey sounds great with Arnel Pineda, Steve Perry is held in high regard by Arnel.

I saw Journey in concert a couple of years ago and if I had been listening to a CD of that concert with a Steve erry Journey album next to it I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. They sound almost exactly a like.

kieff, that's not always true about the original being the best...take AC/DC, they startedwith DaveEvans before Bon Scott. Mind you I've never heard Evans, but Bon was epic. Only in thepast few years have I begun truly warming to Brian Johnson, and I considersome of his renditions better than Bon's....theres still some tho that Bon has a bettter sound, and of course there's a few that we only have one of the two's versions to go off.

What most people don't know is that Freddie Mercury was actually trained to sing opera. He had a range and vocal quality that only comes from professional classical performing.

I would have to say Freddie. He was the original. Now his demise and someone that sounds like him note for note, song for song, can sing...Don't fly for me. The same reason I don't like American Idol. I don't believe in it. I believe if someone wants to be a star they should come up with their own songs or creation of a song. You can't compare a natural artist composer singer song writer to some one else singing their song and think it's better. Now for the person who commented on Journey. I like Journey and Queen on so many levels. I like the old stuff. And I don't compare artistes who made it BIG. I dont' think about who was better or bigger. Everyone has their taste of music. At least you know Journey and you don't like them but your a very few in 1-50 compared to the millons and millions of people around the world who does . The rest of us in the millions Steve Perry fans don't really care about your opinion.