LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Phycologist/Counselor

I was seeing a psychologist years ago for something else and my mom had mentioned my diaper wearing to her. She said she did not know a lot about it. I have talked to a few other people and it seams that shrink don't really care unless it is taking over you life.

I started going to a psychiatrist to meet a demand by my wife after she discovered I'd been wearing for many years - and prior to that had a thing for girl's gym suits. She was horrified - shocked - disgusted, on and on, by the whole thing, but stopped short of asking for a divorce. She just doesn't get it.

When I went to the psychiatrist, I fessed up immediately and looked for a reaction. At first, I thought he was just accepting it to be accepting of me, but I just don't think he cares. We've quickly gotten past that - it just didn't seem to be an issue to him, although I've used it as an escape from some of the other problems I know I have - no horrible childhood as so many here - but real just the same. I'm trying to deal with all that baggage and see if I can make changes in my life.

As for the gym suits and mild cross-dressing, he simple explained that we all lie on a spectrum of sexuality (which I kind of know already...and think maybe it isn't on a simple line, but a whole grid - though I'm not sure what the other axis might be...).

So long story short...no, this guy doesn't see any big deal about it. My wife's shrink on the other hand, thinks it's a form of addiction for me (may be, and I'm finding it hard to simple walk away - as my continued presence here indicates). Her shrink, however, has never met me or talked with me and so only has whatever my wife has told her to go on.

At some point, we're going to have to do couples counselling - or simply split. I don't want to give up diapers but I don't want to walk away from a 25 year marriage that has been happy overall. Who knows what a marriage counsellor might have to say...not sure they'll be as enlightened as my shrink...but who knows...

When I told my counselor about my "diaper fetish"

she was UN-phased.

I told her it had nothing to do with children but rather MY childhood.

She told me IF it did involve kids,

She'd beat the crap out of me first.

Then ask questions and report me later.

Since it was a personal issue,

She said thank you, let's try keeping it a personal issue between us.

Then we talked about my tormented childhood. My therapist is really kewl!

I went to several psychologists in my thirties and forties. I had a few issues to work out. I wasn't abused at home, life with Mom and my brothers and sisters was good. Grade school left me screwed up to this day, though. Anyway I tried to be a good patient and be as open as I could be with them. The first guy was very interested in why I was wearing diapers, not so much as to cure me, I would later find out. He was writing a book and I still feel to this day that he was the one that was screwed up way more than the people that came to see him. I will admit that he did help me on other issues I was having.

The rest were pretty much the same, although one wanted to see how I looked in diapers. Once while I was there I had a sneaking suspicion I was being watched by someone other than him. All in all none were either concerned or just kept up a front until the insurance money dried up.

Guest Saturnine

Unlike "messyman", who says his mommy told his psychologist about his wearing diapers, I make my own choices and do have regular apptmnts with a therapist I see on my own. I have some gender issues from birth, and it's a strange phenomenon that gender issues have aa high rate of being coupled with diaper issues. Transgendered pampered tooshies.

Unlike "messyman", who says his mommy told his psychologist about his wearing diapers, I make my own choices and do have regular apptmnts with a therapist I see on my own. I have some gender issues from birth, and it's a strange phenomenon that gender issues have aa high rate of being coupled with diaper issues. Transgendered pampered tooshies.

There may be a reason for this :Crylol:

From the TG's I've seen, met, and known (and that's a bunch) one of the first things you do to settle your life is self-acceptance B) and that is most often accomplished through meeting others like yourself who help you understand that "normal" means something different for each one of us :whistling: You quickly learn to accept others in their odd ways too :) Once you're on that true path of enlightenment and understand that you don't know as much about yourself as you thought you did, if there are any other tendencies within, you're probably going to explore them- at least in your mind if not in RL :blush: Thus your self-acceptance here comes easier ;)

My own TG journey overshadowed anything DL but when diapers did come to my mind it was far easier to understand and handle :drive1: Having already gone so far past the edge of the envelope once made the next excursion almost a walk in the park for me :P With the way it all evolved here I didn't confab with anyone in the 'TG and diapers' part of the world until I got here, and that was long after my withdrawal from the larger TG world :( I never discussed diapers with my therapist or shrink since it wasn't an issue but I know they wouldn't have said much, if anything, about it :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I've seen a psychologist twice about recreational diaper wearing. Actually, just once to talk about it primarily. More recently, it came up in the course of discussing other issues. I felt like this last time it made the therapist uncomfortable. Fair enough. Therapists are people as well as professionals. A lot want to stay in the treatment mainstream. This is probably especially true when it comes to a female therapist and a male patient. When it comes to recreational diaper wearing, it's inevitably seen as aberrant and may just be more than some want to get into.

I happen to like a woman to talk to, so it is a challenge to find one who isn't uncomfortable talking about why I might actually enjoy wearing diapers. In my case, wearing diapers is an addiction, and not all therapists know that area. Addiction, while difficult to treat, is a practical issue. First of all, recreational diaper wearing is no different than recreational anything else. It's only a problem when you lose the rest of your life to it. You don't have to completely give up on what you love, just be smart about it. You can definitely have your cake and eat it, too.

• Like 1

Hey all, long time no post right :P

I actually voluntarily saw a professional about 2 years ago and to put it bluntly, short, and sweet..she couldn't have cared any less about the whole thing. We were joking around once and jokingly she said, "Don't tempt me or I'll write a book about you!" to which I said, "Oh ya uh huh." The reply was, in a serious tone, "Seriously I'll write a book."

remember also, you only have what you wife is telling you her shrink is saying to go on as well.... maybe her shrink isn't telling her that at all!!!!!

You may be right, sarah. Her (wife's shrink) offered to do couple's counselling with us. Even before I'd heard this reaction, I was hesitant and my shrink said NO...need an independent person. I think I might stand a better chance that way.

I've got to wade through this a little more before I know what is best for ME...I did a huge purge, but am missing stuff a LOT (as we all know would happen...hah, yeah, I thought I could just walk away from it...).

Back to the thread...I think some of you are right on with your comments about the counsellor being human and aside from any professionalism they may be able to hold together, some of them may find wearing diapers disgusting.

As for mine, I haven't asked directly what he thinkgs. He's been very non-committal; not saying good, bad, indifferent. I don't know exactly what he thinks about it, thought it seems clear that it isn't a big issue. I think he looks at what he knows of me and sees the bigger issues that I need to deal with in order to be able to speak up for myself more and insist on me being me.

I won't pretend that my situation is a common one, but I wonder if many of us who like to wear (not having to) and end up with a phsychologist/Psychiatrist/counsellor - have more important issues to try to deal with than diapers - which may be simply a way of dealing with that bigger issue. Whether solving that bigger issue (if we can) would relieve our desire for diapers isn't even important. This might be something worth discussing as well...even though many have spoken about this in other threads and at other times.

When (and if) I can get to that point of being myself and speaking up for myself, I may be able to negotiate or insist on my desire for diapers - or (unlikely in my mind at this point) I just might not feel any need for them any more...

At any rate, I happen to agree with the guy I'm seeing - diapers are no big deal. Since it's huge in a negative way for my wife, while I'm figuring out the rest of my life, I'm willing to cool it on the diapers (though I did sneak a diapered weekend when she went away recently) for the time being.

its important to remember a therpaist is NOT SUPPOSED to give an 'opinoin'... therapy is not about what the therapist thinks, its not about whether they believe it is good, bad or disgusting.... and a good therapist will understand their opinoin doesn't matter, their job is to help the client understand and form their OWN opinoin and then act from there.... by looking to your therapist for their approval, you are just procrastinating and avoiding the real issue, of your own approval, and a good therapist will recognize this behavior and deflect any questions regarding their opinoin.

I srarted seeing a Psychiatrist several years ago and he did determine that diapers were interfering with my life as I had at that time been habitually exposing my diaper to other people, I am incontinent so he didn't try to get me to stop wearing diapers but rather to just stop exposing them. He tried some behavioral methods to get me to stop but was unsuccessful with that. His next attempt was to try medication, he put me on medroxyprogesterone acetate to diminish my libido as well as mood stabilizers and antipsychotics for other parts of my mental illnes. That did work but he decided to deal with the root of the problem instead of the symptoms. I am now on many psychotropic medications and these are doing well at treating the overall problems. I am still incontinent and in diapers but do not expose my diaper anymore.

yes, but I was there for other reasons (I'm slightly autistic). I did tell him I like diapers so he could tell my parents it's not just a phase.

I shouldn't have done that, because now it's in my medical record, which my local doctor and pharmacies have access to.

you have to sign a waiver for any one other than the doctor treating you to see your medical record, and pharmacies have no business seeing your medical history.. and if you see a psychiatrist unless you sign a waiver s/he cannot tell your primary care phycisian anything.

the ones i've been to know about it, but I wasent willing to tell them anything about it, they can usually sense that I dont want to talk about it and drop it. I dont usually enjoy talking about that sort of stuff with a complete stranger, not to mention a stranger that makes me pay to listen to him talk for an hour. >.<

you have to sign a waiver for any one other than the doctor treating you to see your medical record, and pharmacies have no business seeing your medical history.. and if you see a psychiatrist unless you sign a waiver s/he cannot tell your primary care phycisian anything.

Having had worked in the insurance industry in behavioral health many therpaists are too stupid to not list detailed info on file about the patient. I can;t remember the name of the old software we used but accidentally the therapists occasionally listed session notes.

When I was about thirteen I started to see a therapist for I would due to behavioral issues due to Autism, when my Therapist found out about my diapers his opinion was that I was to stop wearing diapers and not to act like a baby. Well to my parent's chagrin I kept on wearing diapers for their stress relief and comfort and fetish. And now my parents know better not to ask me about it due to me just keeping on with wearing diapers and not caring about what they say too much. However my siblings all of them really do not care as much.

When I met my counselor for reasons related to work, she said that diapers were not a bad thing and as long as I did not hurt myself or anyone she didn't let me on to her opinions about it. For me this is about the only thing that I have a fetish for.

Typically, the reason that one goes to a shrink is to deal with a problem. If you mention diapers or something else, they may figure that that's part of the problem. I'm seeing a shrink for social anxiety and absolutely nothing related to my personal life has come up, because that's not the problem. The problem is my public life... Or, lack thereof...

I had a number of sessions with a therapist many years ago - after I opened up to my then wife about my fetish, she insisted I see a therapist as a condition of trying to save our marriage. We also had a few sessions with a marriage counselor.

The therapist was totally non-judgmental; he had never heard of infantilism before (this was the late 80s). We explored my early childhood for clues as to what might have triggered it in me. I gained some insights into myself, and it really helped to discuss this aspect of my personality with an objective, rational person.

There were only a couple of sessions with the marriage counselor - she identified a number of issues my wife had with herself and her past, and seemed to feel that my infantilism was only providing my wife with a convenient trigger for questioning our relationship. Our marriage ended a few months later.