LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Boys -vs- Girls Debate.

Hey its mike I'v been on various sites to check out the number of people who are sharing the same passion. But on every site there is gareented more men exposed to the DL/AB life-stlye. I always wonder why there is not enough girls. I cant realy juge why there are not even amonts of wemon and men because Im not looking at it from A girls point of view. But mabey most of them are hessitant or skeptical to go out and explore or find out there true self or just keep it secret so they dont loss there reputation. I wish i could yell a message to the world ("If you have a secret love for diapers and no one knows about it just, expose your self. dont be ashamed"). go out and just be who you where born to be. you'll be suprised how many people acctually share the same passions and didnt think no one else did, we need more people open to this life style. I bring up the conversations around people and Ud be suprised how many people like to get it off there chest. Im doin my part are you

Cheers. mike

Personally I like to believe that there are a TON of girls out there BUT....... think about how much a girl is herassed ina normal chatroom by horny men, that is probally increased twenty fold in these forums/chatrooms so they hide I wouldnt doubt if some pose as guys just so they arent bothered sure I know a good portion of the girls that are into diapers just like a good amount of girls that ARENT in diapers but, once again I also theorise that a good portion of straight dl or ab girls more than likely say they are lesbian just to try to fend off horny men just looking for a good time and a romp in the baby powder. I dont think the stats are imbaanced there being mroe men than women there may be more men open to this in the fact they they will go yeha i wear diapers (at least online they might) than girls, so I dunno what to tell you personally I say whoever put a stat up well, tis incompletebecasue like i said not all girls will openly state that they wear diapers because of horny men, ALSO remember some of the "girls" arent really girls jstu men posing as them theres plenty on this site who wont even admit to the fact they are naturally born men... so who is to say there arent girls out there posin as guys? meh.

Actually I think there are just as many girls with this passion as boys. As supermikey said, most girls are afraid of the impact it would have on their reputation. I'm not like most girls, for most girls, their every action or decision is based on what others are going to think about them and whether or not they'll fit in. This is why I'm different and have no problem joining these sites. I don't care what other people think of me because if they have a problem with the way I am, then i don't want their friendship. I am my own person and I think everyone else should be too.

One thing i have noticed, and i mean no offence by this, but the girls that are on the site are either intrested in other girls or married with kids and middle aged +

Wow, just like me. I like girls, I have kids and I'm middle aged. :D

Ilove being around equals :wub:

Personally I think it has alot to do with girls and their periods earlier in life. Most gals have been wearing some sort of protection (pads, tampons) for 4 or 5 days a month in an absolutely miserable time that the idea of protection does not appeal to them. They relate protection to periods and not diapertime. If everytime you put on a diaper you got moody, bloated, cramps and an overall yucky feeling it might not seem like a good idea to you either. Keep in mind that the average pad these days is just a small diaper......the same quickdry absorbtion lining over the cotton of the diaper, and now days the same gel lock substance mixed in with the cotton makes them almost identical to diapers....well disposable diapers anyway.

It is interesting though because most women relate more to babytime than most guys on a daily basis......they are more apt to "babytalk" ,wear cutsie little outfits, pigtails into their teens, footed jammies, etc so you would think the idea of being babied would really appeal to them. I just think the idea of wearing a diaper relates to misery in their minds. Also most young gals have had to babysit much more than most guys by the time that they are in their early teens as well. That means that diapers for them are not so much about getting into them as they are about chaging some brats nasty dirty diapers for slave wages. Again, if the only contact you had with diapers after the age of 4 was changing someone elses, you might not be so apt to like diapers either.

Just my opinion.

BEWARE BAD SPELLING! I hate not spelling well!

You know....

I've asked this question a lot. At least to myself. I've even tried to estimate how many ab/dl's there are in the states.

But....I'm actually going to break from the general consensus here. I belive that there are actually less female AB/DL's then male AB/DL's.

However, I also belive that you guys have a point. Men are more likely to be open about it....and women...well.....I'd be very very cautious around the AB/DL scene if I were one. The male AB/DL's can be kinda nuts.

If you go here: http://www.dailydiapers.com/cgi-bin/person...?action=dispcat

You can see personal ads. All things being equal and simplifiedish, it would suggest that only 7% of all AB/DL's are female. (there is an interesting trend in homo/bisexuality with the male group. Much higher than averages. but...with this kind of thing, i can totally see it.)

However....yeah. I don't think that the percentage is 7%.

I'd say that number is between 20 and 30%. Still less women than men.....but not to the numbers on the only real mass gender counter AB/DL thing I know of.

I'd LIKE to think there were as many female AB/DLs.....but.....I don't think that an entire factor of 10 would not be doing anything.

But then again....maybe I'm coming at this the wrong way. Like a male (because I am). Possibly.....the number could be the same, but I would venture a guess that the girls would care less about it. I'd say males are much more liberal with their sexual side....as social "norms" go. (i think it's stupid too...but....i'm seeing more and more women not fall into that "women don't do that" trap, thank god)

Anyway. Guys...I think would recognize this much quicker than the ladies. The ladies would hold it as a fantasy, sure enough....but they would keep it to themselves....and possibly not even bring it to the forground of curiosity.

MAN! This raises a whole lot of other questions.

This is why I just want to take a MILLION people and get these stats. Cause...there are so many factors and biases.

Fun.

ANYWHO! My theory still is that there are still less girls than boys. I'd say between 1 in 3 and 1 in 5.....although, it could be higher.

I have absolutly no explaination why this would be, though. I mean...hmm.....I wonder about hormonal levels durring that stage of life.

Oh heck. I've got to get going (in more ways than one! OH!).

LET THE DEBATE CONTINUE!

Personally I think it has alot to do with girls and their periods earlier in life. Most gals have been wearing some sort of protection (pads, tampons) for 4 or 5 days a month in an absolutely miserable time that the idea of protection does not appeal to them. They relate protection to periods and not diapertime.

I would like to address this fallacy once and for all. I have seen this argument a number of times, and while I understand why it might seem logical, it's actually not true.

Most girls begin to menstruate (on average) around age 12 - some later, some earlier. And while some of the guys state they discovered their interest in diapers around puberty, just as many or more say they knew from the time they were young children. I knew by the time I was five. And I can tell you that at age five, I had no idea what menstruation was and could not make an association between menstrual pads and diapers. I only knew that I wanted to wear diapers and I snuck towels and plastic bags to make my own in secret.

When puberty arrived, there was no association in my mind between diapers and menstrual pads. The pads had an association with growing up, with discomfort, etc. Diapers had an association for me with comfort and security. And yes, I think we've all seen that tv ad where they claim that wearing pads is like wearing a diaper. That is ridiculous. The ad was designed to shame women into buying a particular product. For those of you guys who are unfamiliar with what pads are like, most of them these days are about as thin as a credit card and as unlike a diaper as you could imagine. They are inconvenient and a nuisance. In fact, I've heard women on ab/dl boards state that they don't like wearing a diaper when they have their period because it ruins the babyish feel for them.

To address the original question about numbers ... I won't go as far as to say that women make up half of all ab/dl's because they probably don't. I do know that there are more out there than are seen. I for one, have been a lurker on every board but this one. It's very true that many women are put off by the behaviour of some of the men on forum boards. I didn't post on other boards for that very reason. I do know ab/dl women that do not post or chat. You know that old saying 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'? Well, for every ab/dl woman you "see" there are probably two lurking undetected.

One thing i have noticed, and i mean no offence by this, but the girls that are on the site are either intrested in other girls or married with kids and middle aged +

:P I for one don't see myself as middle-aged but I suppose to an 18 year old ...

I would like to address this fallacy once and for all. I have seen this argument a number of times, and while I understand why it might seem logical, it's actually not true.

Most girls begin to menstruate (on average) around age 12 - some later, some earlier. And while some of the guys state they discovered their interest in diapers around puberty, just as many or more say they knew from the time they were young children. I knew by the time I was five. And I can tell you that at age five, I had no idea what menstruation was and could not make an association between menstrual pads and diapers. I only knew that I wanted to wear diapers and I snuck towels and plastic bags to make my own in secret.

When puberty arrived, there was no association in my mind between diapers and menstrual pads. The pads had an association with growing up, with discomfort, etc. Diapers had an association for me with comfort and security.

Hey Supermikey, great post! I too have viewed this subject on many sites and found the same. I hope that many, many girls/women will reply to this post and give us guys some more insight into this phenomenon. Of course, I have my own opinions on the subject, but it's only speculation at best. I'm not a girl so how can I really know or speak for them, you know what I mean? I will be definitely tracking this post though, very curious on what others have to say on this topic.

PS. I think it's great we speak the same language, I just never knew that we spelt so many words differently in the US. Just kidding...lol I can't spell either and I used to be an administrator.

Maybe women are just sickened at the concept of men that can't take the time to spell/grammar check their posts. Congradulations, you are writing. Learn how to use "shift", spell check, and study some grammar rules. Not even subject/verb agreement issues dealing with unkown/female/male and "their," but basic issues. To be fair, this does not apply to anyone who does not speak English as their first language -- If you didn't grow up speaking English, I can undrstand, accept, and jive with the difference.

In reality, I'm sure men make up a larger percentage of the people posting here, and in many other topics. Chances are women communicate with communities which are slightly more sensitive to their needs and concerns.

Yes, communication based on sexual fetishes (lifestyles or whatever the fuck you who wish not to call it a "fetish" want to call it) is dominated by men. So be it. I guess we just get to meet more men than women then.

On basis of communication abilities + sexual preference, Baby D, Pipsqueak, I love you. Rhezz, wombat, close seconds, but the preference doesn't jive. Wombat, lay off the enter key.

Maybe, like so often IRL, men overwhelm women.

No offense taken as you half right. I'm not middle-aged, married with kids or interested in other girls. I'm not really sure why it is that most girls that come on here are interested in other girls. If I had to guess, it would be because they are just saying that in order to keep the guys from PMing them all the time.

On another note as relating diapers to menstruation. I do not relate the two at all. No girl likes going through it every month, but I doubt the majority of women hate diapers because of menstruation. I don't. Until you mentioned it here, I never really thought about connecting the two. For me diapers are a sense of security, menstruation or not.

Trust me, I've had plenty of babysitting experience and none of that has turned me off to diapers. Diapers aren't the most fun things to change, especially messy ones when the kid is squirming around and making a huge mess. I guess I can see where babysitting could turn off a girl new to the DL idea because most girls are easily grossed out by the idea of wetting or messing yourself. I'm not keen on the idea of messing and only wet myself. Any girl that has had an interest in diapers from early on, aren't going to be easily discouraged from it by menstruation or babysitting. If anything, menstruation will provide for them a reason to diaper themselves (as I have tried convincing myself when I was overwhelmed by my feelings, it's a subconscious thing) and babysitting kids who wear diapers will not deter them, but make them feel more longing for diapers being around them and not being able to wear them.

Basically as I said before, MOST girls (not including myself) care FAR to much about their image and wouldn't dare present themselves as "different" from everyone else. That would pretty much be suicide in the eyes of a girl's social life and image.

I hope I gave ya'll some insight to girls and wearing diapers and sharing their feelings openly with others.

Basically I suspect Wombat is right. There really are less women into our thing. I would have cited the same peronals as he, but there was once an extensive survey on DD that pretty much turned up around 10% female. I was sorry that Daily Di took down those results. I think such surveys when answered by a large sample, as this one was, give the best indication. Pretty much all else is guesswork. Answering the survey, BTW, is anonymous and does not engender IMs from nasty males, etc.

I for one, have been a lurker on every board but this one. It's very true that many women are put off by the behaviour of some of the men on forum boards. I didn't post on other boards for that very reason. I do know ab/dl women that do not post or chat. You know that old saying 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'? Well, for every ab/dl woman you "see" there are probably two lurking undetected.

The problem with this reasoning Pipsqueak, is that I believe the same could be said about male lurkers. I have read numerous posts of males saying something to the effect - "I have lurked here and on other sites for a long time; now I'd like to introduce myself..." (Lest I be misunderstood, of course I recognize the difference of the way women are often harassed etc. and that it is reasonable to presume that leads to many women being present but not seen.) I just think that, for whatever, reason there are also many male lurkers.

PS The poll I referred to above was conducted in early March, 2005.

I might agree with the numbers, but only if you are only considering the women online. I believe that the women are stronger in number but they don't have the need to go "hunting" for someone to brag about it. I say again that women liked to be babied but not the same way as men.

If you are out in public and see women dressed very youngess (sp) Men will simple say "aw isn't see cute?" So most women can get away with not hiding it. It's not a threat to their acceptance. But for men? Just try and wear pastel or comforable shoes. "he looks alittle lite in the loafers".

double standard, and that will never go away. Just today I hear about a boy who told he couldn't wear shorts in school, but the girls could wear skirts. So he decided to wear skirts to school. They first sent him home but after much legal/media he his now aloud to come to school in a skirt. (easier to hide diapers under ;) ) Why should it be a fight?

But you do?

I stated my answer as an opinion......she stated hers as fact. IE That I was wrong because she doesn't feel that way......how does she know what all other women are feeling?......and having been an AB for 30 years gives me years of experience speaking with other AB women that felt the way I stated.

and having been an AB for 30 years gives me years of experience speaking with other AB women that felt the way I stated.

How is that possible? If they felt that way about periods and diapers then why would they be AB's?. And I've been AB for well over 30 years myself, not to mention female for the entirety of it.

My point was, that if you have these feelings from the time you're very little, you have no concept of menstruation and pads. Women who suffer from incontinence later in life may make the connection because they're not AB/DL's in the first place. And any girls who become ab/dl after puberty clearly don't find the pad aspect an issue.

I agree with Pipsqueak because what she said is very true. For those of us women who become AB's or DL's when we're little, we never connect pads with diapers. Or if they become one after they start mentruation, then they abviously aren't going to care about the connection between diapers and pads, and obviously feel different putting a diaper on than a pad. . . . come on, those things are thin. Who could possibly make the connection?

I have to agree with most of what has been said from personal experience. Im ashamed to admit that I did maskerade as a guy on another site because I was tired of being harrassed. Unfortunately this resulted in me being thrown out :( It was quite upsetting since there were plenty of guys pretending to be girls and everyone knew it. But the point is Im sure there isnt just me who has done that before.

I too lurked around for a while before joining this site, as I do with every site to see if I like the atmosphere. In some ways I regret not staying hidden, but in other ways Im glad I showed myself as I have made a lot of friends. Though I will be blunt and say I've been on much better sites for making people feel welcome. Thats nothing against the site (which is great by the way :)) but more against the wrong crowd that seem to have taken refuge here.

For more evidence on the diapers vs menstrual pads argument, I was in diapers for incontinence about the time I hit puberty and the connection never crossed my mind. Also, I turned DL long after puberty and I still dont make the connection, to me they are completely unrelated aspects of life. I even go as far as to use something extra when its my cycle since diapers are not suited for that kind of thing.

I think men and women are wired differently when it comes to sex. My interest in diapers is a fetish. I believe that men are far more prone to fetishes than women. I suspect that women who like diapers have different psychological reasons for their like of diapers than men. I believe that the majority of ab/dl's are men.

Personally I like to believe that there are a TON of girls out there BUT....... think about how much a girl is herassed ina normal chatroom by horny men, that is probally increased twenty fold in these forums/chatrooms so they hide

Is it really that bad? I never chat online so i wouldn't know. Maybe I'll have to take a stroll into the chatrooms one day and see for myself.

-Jess