LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tabletop Rpg'S

So, does anyone on here still own these books? I love them to this day and have a bunch of original AD&D (pre-WotC destruction) books, played them when I was young and to this day miss the gaming. I also have Witchcraft, Mekton, Talislanta, and even Call of Cthulhu. Several others as well that I've played over the years. One of my favorites from the past is Shadowrun. I also use to play on the old WoD chats, before they completely nuked them or they collapsed for unknown reasons. I miss those games because you could tell a story with them instead of replaying the same story over and over and over. Anyone else care to share?

I remember the good old days of AD&D, and Rifts. The only one I really play now is Warhammer 40,000.

I never got into that one because I'm not a big miniatures fan. :P I like the system it has though.

Rifts was a blast, I was pondering running a game of it online after I get hold of most of the books.

I have the D&D 3.5 books but i've never played any of the old ones.. an online game sounds intriguing

The problem I've been having though is every game I've tried other than the World of Darkness ones has flopped. The way the online chat ones are played are different from the actual tabletop in a few ways, primarily it's like a hybrid or an MMORPG and tabletop.

You should check out the old ones, before they tried turning it into another GURPS. ;) AD&D Second Edition, by TSR.

Never played it. It didn't take root in this region, due to the whole "D&D = Satanism" misconception... I do have the D&D cartoon on DVD (it came with a little silver dragon, too), though. And have played a fair amount of Neverwinter over the past year...

Now this is a discussion I could get into! I was/am a huge RPG fan, tabletop or otherwise. I have played TONS of different RPG's and still own the old Call of Cthulhu books before WotC took them over. When it was owned by Chaosium. I recently was roleplaying with a group I met from a yahoo group and we were playing a zombie survival game. The best times I have had have been playing live action Vampire. But alas now I work too much and can't make a set schedule to do anything. But I do try to play as many MMO's as I can but they tend to bore me after sometime.

Now this is a discussion I could get into! I was/am a huge RPG fan, tabletop or otherwise. I have played TONS of different RPG's and still own the old Call of Cthulhu books before WotC took them over. When it was owned by Chaosium. I recently was roleplaying with a group I met from a yahoo group and we were playing a zombie survival game. The best times I have had have been playing live action Vampire. But alas now I work too much and can't make a set schedule to do anything. But I do try to play as many MMO's as I can but they tend to bore me after sometime.

All Flesh Must Be Eaten?

• 2 weeks later...

Yup that's the one!!! It was fun while it lasted. I should try some skype rpg'ing or something. Maybe then my schedule wouldn't matter too too much.

It has the same system as Witchcraft, just made for zombie fans really. What we did was combine the two ... when my group was in zombie hunting mood we went after zombies ... when we wanted a story we played Witchcraft ... using the same characters between the two. It was pretty fun while it lasted, then everyone moved away.

As for Skype playing, I miss the old get together gaming. I could run a chat game all day but it doesn't feel the same.

So, does anyone on here still own these books? I love them to this day and have a bunch of original AD&D (pre-WotC destruction) books, played them when I was young and to this day miss the gaming. I also have Witchcraft, Mekton, Talislanta, and even Call of Cthulhu. Several others as well that I've played over the years. One of my favorites from the past is Shadowrun. I also use to play on the old WoD chats, before they completely nuked them or they collapsed for unknown reasons. I miss those games because you could tell a story with them instead of replaying the same story over and over and over. Anyone else care to share?

I love D&D/AD&D, Shadowrun, and Battletech/Mechwarrior...

Great topic Kitten. As a kid I had the first AD&D box set and all the books - Dieties and Demi, Monst Manual I and II, Players Handbook, DM Handbook, etc I had a tone of origional modules (always on my xmass list during Junior high) - Ghost tower of inverness, Secret of Salt Marsh were two classic faves of mine. I had a bunch of stuff up to and untill Dragon Lance and Greyhawk. Back then I used to also be a big fan of GURPs - and although I didn't care for the changes in the rule set from WOtC the whole d20 system has a certain elegence to it when considered in it's own light.

I also had some obscure stuff, like the James Bond role playing system, and a Robotech set (I think there was a Gurps one - this was not it)

When I was in my early 20's and White Wolf was in their heydey I was in love with the World of Darkness and still to this day I can say the best pen and paper experince I have ever had was from VtM.

Here's the sad part though - last year I lost almost my entire collection of books and games (I also had a bunch of old Avalon Hill games) when my area had a 500 year rain event and flood. My house was almost literally at the epicenter of the rain, the eye of the storm was parked over my neighborhood - we had 21 inches overnight. My house is on a hill, and my 'basement' is 95% above ground - one corner is about 3 feet into the hill side making the window a foot or so off of ground level. Well my basement flooded and I had a few boxes stored in the basement - the basement is finished and they were in the basement bedroom which i was planning on making into my Comic and Game room. Thankfully all of my comics were upstairs, I have an extensive Silver age collection, and they were not harmed - but all of my gaming stuff was gone. Of course I live in an area that never floods so no flood insurance. ARG! But it seems silly to complain about loosing some books and games when so many other people lost everything they owned - so I ain't complaining :) I got off easy

Not to threadjack here are some clippings on the flooding -

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2236923/atlanta_flood_of_2009_worst_in_recorded.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Georgia_floods - the Wikipedia article mentions 5 inches being recorded but if you look one the NWS map you will see on little sliver of white in the wast part of GA (20+ inches rainfail) thats where I live.

--

Now back to RPG's

I love video game RPGs too :) The old gold box games :) Playing Dragon Age now on the 360

Great topic Kitten. As a kid I had the first AD&D box set and all the books - Dieties and Demi, Monst Manual I and II, Players Handbook, DM Handbook, etc I had a tone of origional modules (always on my xmass list during Junior high) - Ghost tower of inverness, Secret of Salt Marsh were two classic faves of mine. I had a bunch of stuff up to and untill Dragon Lance and Greyhawk. Back then I used to also be a big fan of GURPs - and although I didn't care for the changes in the rule set from WOtC the whole d20 system has a certain elegence to it when considered in it's own light.

I have a big problem with what WotC has done, the rules changes make it a whole new game being only a small part of it because when TSR went from D&D to AD&D the game changed to a new one anyway. Mostly they have just mashed everything into one ... when GURPS already did that ... and they keep trying to get other games mashed into it. >.< I love the TSR AD&D though ... even their D&D (I actually have the booklets from the boxed sets in near mint condition). Basic D&D had a charm as well, a lot of detail without a lot of game rules.

you know all the stuff about 'rules' in general kinda sucks if you think about it - how much the rules predicate the game. That's what I dug about the WoD stuff from White Wolf - the story drove the game and the rules supported your story. For me that was the first table top game where running the game was as much fun as playing - even our groups Cheeto munching rules troll settled down and didn't get into minutia and break the story.

you know all the stuff about 'rules' in general kinda sucks if you think about it - how much the rules predicate the game. That's what I dug about the WoD stuff from White Wolf - the story drove the game and the rules supported your story. For me that was the first table top game where running the game was as much fun as playing - even our groups Cheeto munching rules troll settled down and didn't get into minutia and break the story.

So true, too bad White Wolf went and turned into another rule heavy system, thanks to Conrad and his groupies. LOL That's another reason I love original D&D ... the boxed sets. They were pretty light on the rules, most of it you wound up making as you went along. The Unisystem is still very story driven, though character generation is really annoying. Though the problem is that rules tend to be required, for some reason everyone seems to think their characters are invincible without them. The balance is hard to attain without a great gamemaster/dungeonmaster/whatever. I use to run games where the players would walk away talking about the exploits more than the die rolls, made me feel good to see they enjoyed the story that much, online I just can't find that though.

I know this sounds really strange but Kitten looking at your avatar and the fact that your a sissy made me wonder how freaking cool it would be to have an AB sissy running a table top RPG. All my friends from my youth were so macho and crap and I would love to have someone cute and baby'ish running things. Total different experience where I could be myself. Anywho...

• Like 1

I know this sounds really strange but Kitten looking at your avatar and the fact that your a sissy made me wonder how freaking cool it would be to have an AB sissy running a table top RPG. All my friends from my youth were so macho and crap and I would love to have someone cute and baby'ish running things. Total different experience where I could be myself. Anywho...

Thanks, all I can say though is that everyone who's been in one of my campaigns have had fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets see:

I played my first game of AD&D with my uncle and 2 friendsat age 11. He had the Original AD&D Books. We only played a few times.

Then I played Shadowrun 2nd Ed a few times when I was like 13.

Then in early High School (Freshman) we came across Dead Lands: The Weird West. We played that for a few months.

Then when I was old enough to drive (Junior) I got into Warhammer: Fantasy and then 40K. We also played Vampire the Masquerade for an entire school year. Tried Magic, Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord and 7th Sea (way better than the others but the company went under). Though I never really liked the card games they were just a filler between Warhammer games.

As a Senior we played Deadlands: Hell on Earth.

We tried for a while to make games work after high school, but it never did.

Then when I joined the Army I found a crew and played: D&D 3rd ED which lasted for about 2 years until the hosts moved away. Then I played Mech-Warrior RPG for a few months. I also bought into Warmachine during this time.

Currently we have tried D&D 4th ED and I am currently reading Shadowrun 20th Anniversary ED (which so far I like the updates).

Favorite Reality: Shadowrun

Favorite Game System: Deadlands

Was that TMI or a Wall of Text???

Lets see:

I played my first game of AD&D with my uncle and 2 friendsat age 11. He had the Original AD&D Books. We only played a few times.

Then I played Shadowrun 2nd Ed a few times when I was like 13.

Then in early High School (Freshman) we came across Dead Lands: The Weird West. We played that for a few months.

Then when I was old enough to drive (Junior) I got into Warhammer: Fantasy and then 40K. We also played Vampire the Masquerade for an entire school year. Tried Magic, Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord and 7th Sea (way better than the others but the company went under). Though I never really liked the card games they were just a filler between Warhammer games.

As a Senior we played Deadlands: Hell on Earth.

We tried for a while to make games work after high school, but it never did.

Then when I joined the Army I found a crew and played: D&D 3rd ED which lasted for about 2 years until the hosts moved away. Then I played Mech-Warrior RPG for a few months. I also bought into Warmachine during this time.

Currently we have tried D&D 4th ED and I am currently reading Shadowrun 20th Anniversary ED (which so far I like the updates).

Favorite Reality: Shadowrun

Favorite Game System: Deadlands

Was that TMI or a Wall of Text???

No such thing as TMI when talking about tabletop games. :P