LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Comparison

sarah_ab

Uhhh, I don't think I have ever tried the mac and cheese with the sauce packet. Most of that stuff isn't real cheese anyways, it's a "processed cheese food product" which really turns me off :P Kind of like cheese whiz.

Velveeta is revolting.....more 'processed cheese food product" ...like american cheese, with a texture like rubber and no real flavor Y*U*C*K! :P

Now the mac and cheese with the powder is....not really much better, but I like it. REAL mac and cheese is awesome, but in light of that, I take the packet of said quasi cheese powder (dust) processed cheese food product,and, while boiling the mac, I melt the required butter in the microwave, and add milk and what ever to the mixture, then add the cheese dust and stir, making my own sauce ;)

but to save on doing dishes, sometimes I boil the mac, then drain, and add the butter and milk to the mac and then the cheese dust, and stir, right in the pan. Its a bit lumpy sometimes, but works just as well, especially when you are hungry. The cheese dust is kind of salty and has a stronger 'cheesy' flavor, so that off sets what ever crimes may have been committed in the preparation...

Making cheese sauce from scratch is tricky, because the cheese can 'break' or seperate into curd and oil, then you have just a mess you can't work with. You need a double boiler pan, and have to slowly heat and add ingredients slowly, and it takes forever. I be a starving mess on the floor before that was finished, so it's back to the mac and cheese dust for me :P

qwack

OK, you got me pinned and I'm saying "uncle" :huh: I like the powdered stuff better :whistling: I even like the cheap store-brand powdered stuff better than that :lol: The super-cheap generic stuff is awful, and I can't fathom why anyone buys it twice :bash:

It's all a matter of your personal tastes so enjoy the choices :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I'm not one for mac and cheese. Needs more ingredients. I'm more of a Tuna Noodle Helper kinda guy...

Oh yeah? Try this and save some bucks :thumbsup:

1 can green peas

1 can Tuna (packed in water)

2 hard-boiled diced egg whites

1 box Macaroni (cheese optional; try it without the cheese first)

1 heaping spoon Mayonnaise (more or less- acts as a binder for the other stuff)

Mrs Dash seasoning (or spiced as you wish)

Boil eggs & lift out. Use the already hot water to cook the macaroni. As it cooks peel, core, and dice eggs. Open and drain peas. Dump in large bowl and mix, adding macaroni when it's done. Under $2 and it's tasty, fast to make, filling your belly nicely- if you can eat the whole batch that is :lol: With a side dish serves 2-3. Sometimes I add salad pickle cubes and different spices, sometimes I add the cheese (with a bit of milk for that) B) If you really like tuna add another can or add/change ingredients to suit your taste ;)

This dish kept me from going hungry numerous times when money was really tight and I'd use the cheese packet for rice made with some bouillon cubes later- that dish isn't so good but it used the cheese packs up :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

I've been spoiled by my friends from the American South who make Mac and Cheese from scratch. The typical way is to make the macaroni Al dente finely grate cheddar and bake in a glass or porcelain casserole dish. The kicker is to top it with a little soy sauce (yes, soy sauce... to taste of course!) and it is WONDERFUL. As has been told to me by every good Southern cook, "Good food takes time." Just ask any Southerner about how they like "instant grits"!

I've been spoiled by my friends from the American South who make Mac and Cheese from scratch. The typical way is to make the macaroni Al dente finely grate cheddar and bake in a glass or porcelain casserole dish. The kicker is to top it with a little soy sauce (yes, soy sauce... to taste of course!) and it is WONDERFUL. As has been told to me by every good Southern cook, "Good food takes time." Just ask any Southerner about how they like "instant grits"!

Yep, a really good "cheese pie" is almost unbeatable :D And instant grits are better than no grits at all but not by much :P If you're stuck with them (like when taking lightweight camping excursions) get the butter flavored kind- they're almost decent :rolleyes:

Bettypooh- from the land of Grits, Goo-Goo Clusters, Moon Pies, RC Cola and Cheerwine :thumbsup:

Real cheese doesn't come in powder form, that stuff is nasty. I always buy the "Deluxe" with cheese sauce.

Betty... I didn't know you were in NC. The CheerWine gives it away.

SC, just a bit more "southern" :lol: NC is less than an hour's easy drive from here ;) But yeah, I decided long ago that if most local convenience stores didn't sell Cheerwine I was in the wrong place :roflmao: For the poor souls who aren't so lucky check out Cheerwine . I also remember "Budwine", "RC", "Double Cola", "Wink", and "Nehi" sodas from my younger days. Only a true older southerner knows the joy of a Nehi and a pack of Nabs :D And another old soda from back then was "Simba"- now known as "Mello Yellow" B) Which reminds me- Krispy Kreme is selling limited batches of "Cheerwine filled Donuts" at some Bi Lo stores and I haven't tried those yet. Guess who's going grocery shopping tonight (and will be gaining weight tomorrow)? :whistling:

Bettypooh

2 things I miss about living in NC... the Cheerwine and the Bojangles. :( Our only choice for fried chicken out here is KFC, which doesn't hold a candle to Bojangles.

I really need to convince my folks to ship me a case of Cheerwine.

2 things I miss about living in NC... the Cheerwine and the Bojangles. :( Our only choice for fried chicken out here is KFC, which doesn't hold a candle to Bojangles.

I really need to convince my folks to ship me a case of Cheerwine.

Try:

iw_close.gifiw_plus.gifiw_fullscreen.gifFull-screeniw_minus.gifPirates O

11901 South 700 East

Draper, UT 84020

Supposed to be in glass bottles made with cane sugar, not corn syrup- the good stuff !

Bettypooh

1 can green peas

Boil eggs & lift out. Use the already hot water to cook the macaroni. As it cooks peel, core, and dice eggs. Open and drain peas. Dump in large bowl and mix, adding macaroni when it's done. Under $2 and it's tasty, fast to make, filling your belly nicely- if you can eat the whole batch that is :lol: With a side dish serves 2-3. Sometimes I add salad pickle cubes and different spices, sometimes I add the cheese (with a bit of milk for that) B) If you really like tuna add another can or add/change ingredients to suit your taste ;)

This dish kept me from going hungry numerous times when money was really tight and I'd use the cheese packet for rice made with some bouillon cubes later- that dish isn't so good but it used the cheese packs up :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

oh my god i heart you h-core I have all of these ingrediants and was trying to figure out waht to bring to our lunch on friday!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

1 can green peas

Bettypooh

1: That's a few steps beyond my cooking skills.

2: I don't have a working range at my house.

3: Money isn't an issue in this matter, as I only ever eat that kinda stuff at a family member's house...

4: Mayo? Yuck! Same goes for peas.

1 can green peas

Bettypooh

Most of this sounds doable, except for the canned peas....they are simply off limits! They are not allowed in the house they are so evil :P

I might make this sometime, but use frozen peas instead.

Canned peas....*GAGS*

Frozen better than canned....?

Sir, I dunno if I can call you a friend anymore....

Unless its a birdseye steamers frozen pea... Then its OK

I had a really bad experience with some canned peas a while ago (opened a can and found one of the "peas" had legs IE is was an upside down bug that looked like a pea {{{{SHUDDERS}}}} ) so I don't touch much stuff thats canned anymore. Any kind of frozen peas are wondeful, snow peas are a fav :D Just those pale green canned peas really make me ill :P

Please don't go bashing each other over the veggies in my recipe :huh: or I'll have to tell you the name of it which is rather unappealing :lol: First, the mayo is just a 'binder', serving mainly to help everything mix and stay mixed. It's almost the same without Mayo so lose the Mayo if you don't like it ;) Next, I've tried this recipe with corn and with green beans instead because that's what I had- they don't work :rolleyes: So if you hate peas, just forget this recipe as the rest of us enjoy ourselves B) Don't turn this into a 'war' of canned vs frozen because fresh beats both of these :P

Besides, we were supposed to be talking about Macaroni and :D anyway :roflmao:

Bettypooh