LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stuffing Nappies/Diapers.

I recieved my sample 2-pack of Cuddlz this morning and thought I'd try stuffing them. I opened the back carefully and tried to seperate the padding from the plastic, but I just ended up with a lumpy mess of fluff and crystals, and ultimately a big rip in the back. Am I doing something wrong, or is that how it is supposed to be? I just kind of presumed the padding would be a nice neat pad rather than a load of loose fluff and crystals.

Any tips? I am wary of stuffing now, I don't want to ruin any more in this way. <_<

I recieved my sample 2-pack of Cuddlz this morning and thought I'd try stuffing them. I opened the back carefully and tried to seperate the padding from the plastic, but I just ended up with a lumpy mess of fluff and crystals, and ultimately a big rip in the back. Am I doing something wrong, or is that how it is supposed to be? I just kind of presumed the padding would be a nice neat pad rather than a load of loose fluff and crystals.

Any tips? I am wary of stuffing now, I don't want to ruin any more in this way. <_<

I'm not familiar with cuddlz, but I've stuffed everything from attends, to molicare abena etc. what i've always found works best, is if you work the diaper a bit first to fluff everything up, i find it comes away from the backing easier, also I find going in from the front works a lot better.

Ok well I'm in a situation where I can't really mail order things here so Im stuck with depend max absorbancy briefs. By themselves, terrable! So I stuff em. It's fairly easy with the right brands some just use too much glue and won't work easily. Depends are great for stuffing I add the pad from depend adjustable underware to the briefs.

Step one. Open up the depend adjustable underware and tear the sides apart so it can lay out flat on the floor (carpet helps). I like to hold the two front side flaps stretched out with the legs of a heavy chair that way I can hold the back two withmy feet. So it's spread wide open.

Step two. Cut all the way through the adj underware with a knife or sharp razor around the perimeter of the padding.

Step three. Carefully peel the backing off of the pad. All you should have left is he stuffing pad with the inner liner attached to one side. Set this aside for now.

Step four. Open up the depend brief and hold open witn the chair legs like you did previously. With it taught rub the padding around to loosen the inner liner from it. Then cut a slit with wise through the inner liner of the brief about an inch from the back of the pad.

Step five. The trickiest bit. You now have the brief laid out with a suitable pocket to accept the pad from the "underware". The hard part is insertion. For this I made two long sort of paddles out of foam board. I put the pad on top of one paddle fold the flaps inward and put the other paddle on top so the pad is small enough width wise to be inserted through the opening in the briefs lining. The paddles make it easy to insert the pad all the way to the front of the brief. Then pull one paddles out one at a time so the pad stays in the brief. Reach in and unfold the flaps.

Step six. Now just use some tape to seal up the insetrion point. I like to put the tape on the inside of the lining with the sticky side actually facing toward me. That way it's behind the lining and I can hardly tell it's there.

Maybe I am missing something here but to bulk up my diapers I just wear 2 or 3 at a time(one over the other). There are boost pads to just wear inside a diaper too. It is far less of a project than what it sounds like is described above.

First, melt a half pound of butter in a skillet and then saute' half a cup of onions and celery in the melted butter until tender. Meanwhile, crumble 2 day old bread into small pieces (or you can use a pre mix from Pepperage Farms if you like). Add your butter, saute'd onions and celery to one pound of bread crumbs, add 2 teaspoons of sage and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix well adding small amounts of warm water or chicken stock until the breading is moist enough to hold it's shape when forming it into a ball. Make sure the inside of the turkey has been rinsed out and that you have removed the package of gibblets from inside. Take one handful of the stuffing mix at a time and shove it tightly inside the turkey, packing it frimly until no more will fit (any leftover stuffing can be baked in a separate bowl along with the turkey). Use skewers to close up the opening in the turkey before baking. You will find that after the turkey has baked and the stuffing has been removed from it's cavity, the stuffing will have a nice turkey flavor from the baked in juices!

Whoops! I guess that's my Thanksgiving recipe! It would probably be too messy to stuff all that in a diaper, but on the other hand, if you did it might feel kind of interesting and you'd smell like turkey too!

Cuddles are Bambino Biancos, right?

They have a higher SAP-to-fluff ratio than most diapers (which is what gives them their absorbency). presumably it also weakens the structure of the padding a bit though, which may be why you're seeing it break apart.

As mentioned, why not just use regular booster pads that are designed to be used inside a diaper. They're quite hard to get hold of in the UK as I remember it but not impossible :)

I always thought that 'stuffing' simply meant to 'add' something extra inside, like a cut down pampers or a diaper doubler or booster. Not literally cutting the diaper open and add more filling! whoa way to much work...just use a booster pad like a quattro or something sililer...or a childs diaper cut down if you want, but I really don't think you need to be cutting the adult diaper apart and 'stuffing' it.

But thats just me

qwack

Whether they're inside the nappy or stuffed between the outer backing, I usually use Lille Booster pads, because they're really soft and hold a surprising amount. Always make a few careful cuts in the backing of stuffers though - if you don't they're almost useless.

The easiest way I found was to loosen the Cuddlz nappy up first, just hold it open and twist the padded area around a bit. Then put it shiny side up, and pinch the backing carefully at the waistline, holding the underneath so you can seperate them a bit - I find they open quite easily.

After that it's just a case of sliding the stuffer down. If you do use a Lille booster, makes it easier to trim the sides first with scissors to take the inch-wide wings/margin material off.

All this is far better explained in this video though :thumbsup:

(credit due to Loopy for finding that video before me, and whoever found it before that, and so on, not forgetting the guy who made it of course ^_^ )

Guest rosemonde10

I agree with Square Duck. It's too time consuming to actually rip open a diaper and mess with the fluffing, stuffing fillers in there, only to wear, use, and throw away.

It's far easier to just line the inside of a diaper with a stuffer like a pad than it is to cut INTO a diaper. That is what I call devotion to the lifestyle. Thumbs up! :thumbsup:

The only problem I see with using a booster on top of the inner liner is when you poop. Then you not only have the messy diaper to contend with, but now a messy booster pad as well. I guess the best way to deal with that would be to add a diaper liner over the booster to keep the mess more or less contained. They do make those, and I believe they also come in a flushable format, so you just dump and flush and don't have to worry about clogging pips or septic systems etc...

More options..

qwack

Guest rosemonde10

Stuffers aren't used for messes, though. Stuffers are for absorption, and I have yet to find a poo that is the consistency of water and can be sucked up into the material. So when I stuff, I stuff for maximum wetness, not messiness. You are right Square Duck. Boosters are NOT for messes. It just makes the situation worse. So when I do mess myself, I just mess the diaper, no stuffers or boosters.