LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Rash

I am curious to know how AB/DL's prevent diaper rash? other than changing frequently. I am trying to prevent from getting another rash since I have been dealing with them for a while. Although it has been a few months now since my last one but I usually go to my doctor for help treating it since I am a diabetic to and having skin problems is not a good thing no matter where it is. Thanks

I've been a regularly-practicing DL for over 10 years, and for over the first 5 (excluding one nasty yeast infection), didn't know the meaning of diaper rash. Today, certain parts of my body (upper thighs, face, and maybe stomach) can start to break out in red bumps if I keep the same diaper on too long. My "cure" (besides forcing myself to change, even if I'm nowhere near saturated) is lots of zinc oxide cream and powder. Cream all over the, umm, delicate bits, and some powder in the diaper to help prevent the cream from sticking and rubbing off. I'd really like to try a product like "silicon glove", available from Avon (scented) and also better automotive dealers (hopefully unscented), which is designed to not come off until you want it off, but so far haven't made the initiative. High quality 40% zinc oxide cream is available at Wal-Mart for approx. $2.47 for a 4oz tube, which is a steal compared to every other retailer I've checked, even though Wal-Mart recently raised the price.

Hope that helps.

I use several baby wipes at each change, and once a day use an anti-fungal spray to protect against the effects of being wet and warm all the time. Haven't had a bad rash in years.

Last night I saw CVS now has a hydro-cortisone anti-itch and skin protectant in a spray that works in any direction. Might work good too.

Other than a slight pinkness, I've really never had diaper rash. But then, I've never worn a diaper 24/7 for more than about 3 days max. I'm pretty sure that while staying in one diaper for too long could be the final straw that causes a nasty outbreak, diaper rash is something that builds up over time and so affects those that wear diapers almost constantly for whatever reason.

The only solutions are the obvious - change regularly, take time to air out if possible, clean well between diapers and use plenty of powder and Destin (etc) if needed. I'm sure baby skin is way more sensitive than your average adult's skin so products designed to protect little ones from rashes are probably more than sufficient to protect adult skin too.

Try switching diaper brands, it could be the diaper you are using.

Try drinking more water in your daily diet to flush out the kidneys and bladder

and neutralize your urine. Switch to cloth diapers

As above :Crylol: I have tough skin, but cleanliness is everything. When showering the diaper area (or any other places you want really clean) wash as usual. Now get a fresh (preferably white) washcloth and turn the heat up as high as you can stand so the pores open- wash and rinse :) Now turn the temp down as low as you can stand to close the pores, which pushes anything in them out ;) Do the hot-then-cold thing again after rinsing the washcloth. Dry the super-cleaned areas first wiping in one direction only so you're not rubbing stuff back into the pores :P and don't touch them again which could recontaminate the area :D Don't rub the skin raw but scrub all it will allow and don't go irritating already rashed areas. Air out for at least 15 minutes after you leave the shower- if any areas aren't getting clear air you may have to hold certain things out of the way till they dry :whistling: Just make sure your fingers are clean.

Rashes (other than those caused by abrasion) are because something is getting into the skin which it doesn't like. Left there it will cause problems :angry: Stop it by cleaning as above at least twice a day and clean as well as possible during changes. Make note of things your skin might not be reacting well to and change them one at a time- if the problem goes away with the change you know what to do. I don't use powder much and never use barrier or healing creams so I'll let others speak of those biker_h4h.gif What works for me may not be enough for you but keep trying and you'll find a solution to your problems!

Bettypooh

Now that I am wearing almost 24/7, I do not use baby wipes between diapers: I use a washcloth and baby bath wash. Haven't had a rash since I started doing that--and before I was getting sore two or three times a week, when I wasn't even wearing all day!

Guest Poopy Wipes

Hmmm I use wipes during every diaper change. I have to. Simply have to. From my experience if I don't I get the rash.

I haven't found anything to prevent natural rash. Typical rash is one of exposure to your body's bacteria in the urine and fecal matter. The rash I can't cure is the one of diaper-skin contact. Especially in the legs. It's friction rash.

I may not have been clear: I wash every time I change with a washcloth and baby soap. Baby wipes are only for the diaper bag or emergencies. My point was that I don't think the wipes are good enough for me, I really need warm soapy water.

I've not really had much nappy rash in adult years. If i forget or am unable to change, then I can get sore a little but at night-time I do use Sudo-crem because I believe this is good for my skin and prevention is better than cure. One word of warning though; if like me you are a fan of talc, never mix this and Sudo-crem... it ends up looking like you've been using cake-mix!

For some strange reason I get diaper rash when I sleep in a diaper that I wet just before going to sleep. Takes about 3-5 days to go away until my behind quits itching, but I actually enjoy it since it does remind me of my being diapered for a longer time...

I have no idea how the 24/7 people do it since I have a hard time sleeping a full night in a diaper without it becoming hot/sweaty and downright uncomfortable....