Just went into my local Asda Store and seen this :

5051413820933_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

to this :

5051413820940_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

which means bigger sizers !

Info on package :

6+ XL - 20+KGS 44+LBS

• Like 1

Interesting that they went with 6+ instead of 7 like others have done. UK not quite ready to acknowledge late trainers?

Or rising childhood obesity (as much a problem in the UK as in the US)... Didn't we establish that the Pampers 7's have the same rise, just a bigger waist size?

It's probably psychological though - "Size 7" sounds like "can't potty train this kid" whereas "Size 6+" doesn't scream it so much. Same reason stuff costs £9.99 instead of £10.00 and why people insist on saying "protective underwear" and "brief" instead of "diaper" :P

Where I cannot find them?(the 7s) :crybaby:

I've seen them in metro Atlanta... Walmart. Target. K-Mart. Kroger. Publix. CVS. Walgreens. Rite-Aid. Toys/Babies R Us. Etc. :P

In Northern GA, I'm sure you'll still find them in most bigger Walmart and Target stores

Or rising childhood obesity (as much a problem in the UK as in the US)... Didn't we establish that the Pampers 7's have the same rise, just a bigger waist size?

It's probably psychological though - "Size 7" sounds like "can't potty train this kid" whereas "Size 6+" doesn't scream it so much. Same reason stuff costs £9.99 instead of £10.00 and why people insist on saying "protective underwear" and "brief" instead of "diaper" :P

I've seen them in metro Atlanta... Walmart. Target. K-Mart. Kroger. Publix. CVS. Walgreens. Rite-Aid. Toys/Babies R Us. Etc. :P

In Northern GA, I'm sure you'll still find them in most bigger Walmart and Target stores

I never see the size 7 pampers in any store other then Target. So if you want to buy them I would go to Target :drive1:

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a pack of these. Very similar size to Tesco Size 6, maybe a little tiny bit bigger. Great!

do they fit you??? i tried some and they come no where close to fitting, i am a 30" waist. going to use them as stuffers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

could someone tell me what nappy i would need to buy from tescos to fit me ,im a size 30" waist

thanks

Try the DryNites for 8 to 15-year-olds. There won't be any tape-up ones that would fit you. Or Tena Lady. Or better, buy real big adult nappies if you can ;-)

Greetz

wetman

• 4 weeks later...

could someone tell me what nappy i would need to buy from tescos to fit me ,im a size 30" waist

thanks

i would go for huggies size 6 pullups.

aslong as 30" is true and your legs aint

tree trunks youll get into them.

tight as hell, but you didnt say they

couldnt be...

Tj.

All I know is that according to Sears I was not a fat kid. I was husky!

Are you still 'husky' ?

Re the diapers / nappies.....

A lot of diaper manufacturers have re-sized their ranges - 1...6 to try and hide the fact that their product is available for the late potty trainers and the larger child. If one ever examines the reasons behind the 'late trainer generation' some of the responsibility lies with the manufacturers - ie making the disposable diaper so absorbant. This ensures that the wearer forgets that the diaper is wet, as no sensation is felt from a wet diaper. Those who have children know how, in some cases, how unfocused their minds are, and how, in some cases, it is easy to change their focus to something you wish. The same occurs when the child wets the diaper. After the event, the child forgets that it has wet. Pampers brought out a 'feel n learn' product to try and address some of this. Although this product has some effect, it is not as efficient as a cloth training pant. The method of a cloth training pant is to absorb some, but to instantly tell the wearer via the uncomfortable cold wet feeling that it has wet, and needs to address the problem now. The feel n learn product absorbs slowly, so the child gets the same wet feeling, but the urgency of addressing the problem is negated since the 'feel n learn' product will absorb, and the child feels damp, but no longer uncomfortable. In my opinion, and I know that others will disagree with this, if the child only feels damp, a change of focus and the child forgets about its toileting needs.

As a result, the feel n learn product extends the potty training process. Since potty training is mostly performed during the waking hours of the child, naps and bed-time and the child is back into diapers. Add to this mix, both parents working and the child in a day-care centre Monday to Friday. Then, potty training is only performed, correctly, on the weekend, when the child hopes that mommy and/or daddy are there to play with him/her.

This tends to confuse a child - 'when in bed and/or daycare, s/he can use diapers and mommy/daddy is proud of him/her for doing so.... when playing, s/he can have accidents in his/her potty training pants, and mommy/daddy will give him/her the attention that s/he wants.'

Most children, when they are ready, will potty train in 24-48 hours when using cloth training pants. However, when using a diaper product (pull-ups / feel n learn etc) the potty training can take weeks to months.

Using the above information coupled with core business process (to make money) it is not surprising that 1 - larger diaper sizes are being made, and 2- that the companies responsible, are hiding the larger sizes by using '+' or 'XL' or calling them 'potty training...' or 'pull ups' or 'bed wetter pants' markings rather than size 7, 8 or 9.

Currently, some 'pull-ups' marketed for 'bed wetters' have elastic waists that stretch up to 28". These pull ups can easily cope with poop. The worldwide average person with a 24" waist 10 years of age. I know that some ten year olds bed-wet, but how many of those mess their diapers in their sleep. The average baby ceases messing its diaper in its sleep past 20 months. Covering that information, a pull-up that is capable of containing poop should not stretch beyond 21" (average for a 4-5 year old).

This causes me to believe :-

1 - Baby diaper manufactures WANT children in diapers 24/7/365 until they are 10+

2 - Same companies don't want their customers 'the childs parent' to be aware of the companies intention.

3 - Over time, with mellowing attitudes, baby diaper manufactures will produce full mat diapers (ie not called pull-ups / potty trainers etc ) to fulfill the market that they are engineering = up to a 22-24" waist, and suitable for the average 10+ year old. (Sizes 7. 8. 9. 10. 11 etc)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

You know, reading all this, and especially that last posting, it wouln't surprize me if in ten years or so the number of adults wearing nappy/diapers goes up by leaps and bounds. Plus another little problem these days of there being very few public toilets/restrooms left in case you need to go. And have you ever been in a pub. where the conversation has come around to a particularly interesting piece of gossip about someone, when, to your horror, you just have to go to the loo? Wearing a pullup etc., you can just sit there and piss yourself quietly all the while 'picking up the dirt' on so-and-so. Then there might be the unexpected thrill of accidentally finding out someone else wears a pullup the same as you.

Interesting conversations should follow...

Daddy Fred xx.

• Like 1

Thank you Keiff for a very considered opinion. I have suspected this agenda for a very long time.

The worldwide diaper market is forecatse to reach $26.6 billion this year1. A child is in diapers for approximately 1,000 days. A ten-day delay in toilet training - 1% - is thus worth $260 million PER YEAR; a sum large enough to be noticed. There is thus a very strong financial incentive for the manufacturers to delay toilet training for as long as possible.

In addition to the measures you have described it is possible that over the years certain learned articles have been planted in parenting magazines to persuade parents that early toilet training carries psychological dangers. This was de rigeur amongst the chattering classes some twenty or thirty years ago, and sent up mercilessly by the satirist John Bird when talking about his five-year-old being "capable of turning in the odd Chaucerian nappy from time to time".

It doesn't take much to sway parents, who are all basically amateur child rearers, and the Social Services are also filled with people famous for their gullibility (vide Ritual Satanic Abuse). Add to this the nurseries and a certain amount of laziness/inattention amongst working parents, and the incentive to leave the child diapered, safe, happy and unworried becomes overwhelming2.

Note also that these days children are getting bigger - and many are more obese.

I have also suspected that sexual personality develops far earlier that is normally supposed. The "innocence of childhood", like the "noble savage", is mainly a result of wishful thinking. Many of the recent poll respondents reported a fascination with diapers from around 5 or 6 years of age. If toilet training is postponed beyond the normal end of "infantile amnesia" (usually around 3 years) then far more children will have detailed memories of wearing nappies, and some may gain pleasure from those memories. This might also become a factor in the manufacturers' marketing strategy.

I wonder if I will live to see a reaction to all this, and government warnings being given about the dangers of delayed toilet training. I bet they won't mention diaper fetish as being one of the side effects!

(1) http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Disposable+diaper+market+to+reach+$26.6+billion+by+2010.-a0191099784

(2) http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/baby/potty_training/potty_training.asp (Note that this lady had a daughter who was still in night-nappies at 7 years old.)