LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Well I Finally Tried A Abena X-Plus....

This nappy is awesome! :D

I have always been a Tena Slip Maxi baby before now, but I always said I would try the Abena's after Loopy recommended them so highly...now I know why!

It was really easy to put on in regards to the fit & it actually is more suited to me than the Tena's personally. I woke up this morning pretty wet and cause I didn't change straight away I soaked it a bit more and it holds like it has nothing in there.

If anyone hasn't tried these nappies yet, I seriously suggest you should, because they are fantastic. They are thick, good fit, VERY crinkly & hold a lot :)

Guest Pizaz

I found that if I press down on the tapes for about 10 seconds after securing them, they never pop. If you don't rub them in, then the adhesive might not have the best chance to stick.

Yep they are very good and were my nappy of choice for a couple of years, although my experience of the two you mentioned was the opposite (as in I've had Abena's long before Tena). It seems they have some kind of yin/yang thing going on with the pro's and cons.

For instance I find Tena Maxi fit me better than X-Plus, but then the X-Plus holds more.

Then there's the X-Plus tapes which are bigger than Tena's so the waistline feel is more pleasant but they don't stick as good as Tena.

To prevent the dilemma of which one to wear I just cycle* through my stash

*and no, not with a bike ^_^

Most tape problems is caused by use of powder, those tapes will let go if you are careless with powder.

On cheapo diapers I use a small piece of duct tape over the tabs to lock them in place, they never move after that.

I find that if rather than pressing down on the tapes, I run the end of my thumb nail back and forth over the tape for a few seconds, it avoids popping issues. Two-layer tapes are outdated now though - landing zones are the way to go :)

They're probably the thirstiest diaper out there and I do buy them quite regularly for that reason because of (a) the tape thing and (B) the padding clumping thing, they're not my favourite diapers.

I find that if rather than pressing down on the tapes, I run the end of my thumb nail back and forth over the tape for a few seconds, it avoids popping issues. Two-layer tapes are outdated now though - landing zones are the way to go :)

They're probably the thirstiest diaper out there and I do buy them quite regularly for that reason because of (a) the tape thing and (B) the padding clumping thing, they're not my favourite diapers.

Well so far, I havent had any trouble with the tapes. Mummy just pointed out that when she changes me, she uses the same technique with "running the nail back and forth over the tape" :)

I really like them and never have a problem with the tapes. I always make sure to get the very best fit out of my diapers when putting them on though. I think most people put them on too tightly.

And about landing zones, I've concluded that I have mixed feelings despite my prior claim that I think all diapers should feature them. I actually don't like how stiff they are on most diapers I've seen. It seems that this makes the diaper not only more loincloth like(in my personal experience), but it also can cut uncomfortably into my belly when I'm sitting down.

That being said, I agree that it's terribly frustrating when you put one on and it doesn't fit quite right, then have to readjust and possibly end up tearing the diaper without one.

But hey, diapers are a compromise from the start. They will always have some hangups that standard underwear doesn't.

Where do you buy them from in the uk?

Either direct from Abena UK by phone/email/fax order form etc. (no online shop tho); bear in mind they send new mail order catalogues in the post every year or so.

Or my preference is online from bambonature.co.uk because the prices are cheap, delivery fast and I've never had any marketing material from them. :ninja:

Then there's always this great list of shops but only one so far stocks Abena. Other than that, Dorset Nursing Supplies are quite highly rated by several people and their site shows they sell a wide range too.

I really would love to love Bambinos, but they just don't fit me right. Maybe if I got down to my ideal weight of 205, which I am about 15 pounds over they would fit better. As it is now mediums I can only tape the top and large are way to big and so leak at the lower back leg openings.

Abena fit a bit better, but Molicare Super Plus seem to fit the best on me. I know they are less absorbant, but I still have yet to try the Abena Supers, which I am thinking might be a better diaper for the active person.

I've wanted to try these for a long time but the reports of the crappy tapes really put me off. I think Loopy said he's bringing some when he comes to visit, so maybe I'll get to try one then =)

Mate, I have had no troubles with the tapes at all. You will love them trust me :P