LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Letter To The Diapered Community

You guys can say age is just a number all you want, but if you're under a certain age you were exposed to different things in upbringing and thus will tend to have a different outlook on life.

I haven't seen any kind of express bias against older people being promoted here. I've just seen some people who are claiming that they find people who are closer to their age more easy to relate to. Frankly, I am one to agree with them. This doesn't mean that I can't learn things from older people, it just means that they are on a different wavelength for the most part.

I never discounted that different generations have different experiences, except to say that it is a generalization and to subscribe to it is to lump a whole bunch of individuals into one crate. This is human to lessen the effort required in day-to-day life, but I think it's better to treat each person as the individual they are and learn about them, rather than deciding how they should be based on a group that we've put them in. Unless the statistical grouping is 100% accurate, I don't see how judging people as a group is just. Again, it's human, we group and label everything/one to make our lives easier, I just have found it better, in my experience, to attempt to lessen these generalizations where possible.

(in response to elderly racists) It is anecdotal evidence, but the area that I was raised in is racist and homophobic with the younger people, on average, being far more bigoted than the elderly. Many of the areas I've been to in the US are the same. It doesn't seem to matter where I've gone, Urban, suburbs or rural, some people are bigots and ignorant, and some people aren't, if there is a statistical grouping by age, I haven't noticed it. My grandparents (78 and 76 y/o) have accepted me with open arms as transgendered, when my cousins (younger than me) have expressed extreme contempt towards me (anecdotal again, I know). Just because official policy has changed does not mean that ignorant bigoted people have chosen to adopt it themselves. Bigotry is alive and well, all over the world.

If there was an accurate statistic that said 99% of elderly people are transphobic, and I, being transgendered, chose to insulate myself from all elderly people based on that statistic, I would have lost the support of my grandparents. Instead, I chose to give them the chance, as individuals, to show me what they believe and to then judge them accurately based on their own actions/beliefs.

All I intended to say was that you can relate to people of all ages if you choose to. It may be more difficult than relating to people of your group, but there are inherent rewards. Maybe it wouldn't hurt people to talk about something besides Spongebob, or WW2, to use the generalizations provided earlier. It takes practice and effort, but even if there is a barrier, it can be crossed.

All I intended to say was that you can relate to people of all ages if you choose to. It may be more difficult than relating to people of your group, but there are inherent rewards. Maybe it wouldn't hurt people to talk about something besides Spongebob, or WW2, to use the generalizations provided earlier. It takes practice and effort, but even if there is a barrier, it can be crossed.

I don't see what there is to contest about my original statement in that case then. Nothing that I said contradicts any of what you said. We both agree that there's a barrier and it takes effort to cross.

Goodness, you guys would think think that I referred to them as space aliens or something. I just don't see why it's such a controversial issue to think that you are going to relate to those who are older than you in a different manner than you are going to relate to those of your same age.

And you know what? You can isolate yourself from a group of people for certain purposes without isolating yourself from that group of people entirely. If I say that I'm not going to date somebody who is over 90 years old, that's not me saying that I won't have anything to do with them regardless of circumstance for the rest of my life. This is a personal decision on my part, not a failure of character. If you read my original post carefully, you will notice that I speak specifically of how individuals relate to other individuals.

I believe the most important part is this:

I've just seen some people who are claiming that they find people who are closer to their age more easy to relate to.

So yeah, if you are old enough to be my Mom or Dad, feel free to approach me, just don't be surprised when I react to you like you are old enough to be my parent. You know, the real kicker is that most of these people expect me to approach them in a manner that is similar to how I feel I should approach them. You know, with a deference and respect toward their age. There's no negative connotation involved. Nor frankly, do I feel that there has been any negative connotation involved in any of what I've posted. Older generations lived in a different time and thus had different experiences(imo), this doesn't mean that they are outdated or inferior. It means that they are different. Can we get past the differences? To a large extent, yeah. But there are still differences to get over.

As for generalizations, I don't think that it's a very harmful generalization to assume that most octogenarians will be alienated if I walk up to them and start talking about video games. Can you really say with a straight face that there isn't a diminished likelihood of them understanding what I am talking about when compared to a 16 year old kid? Does that mean I am saying that no person over the age of 80 on the planet earth knows a thing about video games? NO. It simply means that I am making a conscientious effort to observe and understand the condition of those around me. Similarly, are most of them going to be able to go jogging or mountain biking with me? No. Does that mean that no person within that age group is capable of doing so? No. So is it really a harmful assumption to think that I should go somewhere other than a retirement home if I want to find a workout partner? Is that really such a damaging and judgmental thing for me to do? Similarly, is it really so damaging and judgmental for me to want to entertain discussion of a certain nature(like ya know, a nature of which is related to a SEXual fetish) to people of a certain age group? Am I really being held back as a person for that? Is the world really being harmed for my attitude in such a regard? I can't imagine how it is. Can you?

Guest Poopy Wipes

Let us don out common sense hats: older people like things younger people don't. Younger people like things older people don't. Younger people are younger than older people. Older people are older than younger people.

Overcomplicating the simple.

1: No - Gay people are still just as assaulted as they were before, the only difference is now they have parades.

hahahahah dude that made me crack up!!!!!

but they ARE fun parades!!!!

I don't see what there is to contest about my original statement in that case then. Nothing that I said contradicts any of what you said. We both agree that there's a barrier and it takes effort to cross.

Goodness, you guys would think think that I referred to them as space aliens or something. I just don't see why it's such a controversial issue to think that you are going to relate to those who are older than you in a different manner than you are going to relate to those of your same age.

And you know what? You can isolate yourself from a group of people for certain purposes without isolating yourself from that group of people entirely. If I say that I'm not going to date somebody who is over 90 years old, that's not me saying that I won't have anything to do with them regardless of circumstance for the rest of my life. This is a personal decision on my part, not a failure of character. If you read my original post carefully, you will notice that I speak specifically of how individuals relate to other individuals.

I believe the most important part is this:

So yeah, if you are old enough to be my Mom or Dad, feel free to approach me, just don't be surprised when I react to you like you are old enough to be my parent. You know, the real kicker is that most of these people expect me to approach them in a manner that is similar to how I feel I should approach them. You know, with a deference and respect toward their age. There's no negative connotation involved. Nor frankly, do I feel that there has been any negative connotation involved in any of what I've posted. Older generations lived in a different time and thus had different experiences(imo), this doesn't mean that they are outdated or inferior. It means that they are different. Can we get past the differences? To a large extent, yeah. But there are still differences to get over.

As for generalizations, I don't think that it's a very harmful generalization to assume that most octogenarians will be alienated if I walk up to them and start talking about video games. Can you really say with a straight face that there isn't a diminished likelihood of them understanding what I am talking about when compared to a 16 year old kid? Does that mean I am saying that no person over the age of 80 on the planet earth knows a thing about video games? NO. It simply means that I am making a conscientious effort to observe and understand the condition of those around me. Similarly, are most of them going to be able to go jogging or mountain biking with me? No. Does that mean that no person within that age group is capable of doing so? No. So is it really a harmful assumption to think that I should go somewhere other than a retirement home if I want to find a workout partner? Is that really such a damaging and judgmental thing for me to do? Similarly, is it really so damaging and judgmental for me to want to entertain discussion of a certain nature(like ya know, a nature of which is related to a SEXual fetish) to people of a certain age group? Am I really being held back as a person for that? Is the world really being harmed for my attitude in such a regard? I can't imagine how it is. Can you?

There isn't anything that I disagree with in this, at all. Maybe I was tilting at windmills all along. I do that sometimes.

Wow, I really didn't mean to start a war on here. All I meant was personally, I find that it's easier to discuss things going on in my life, such as my interest in diapers, as well as other things with people of my own age group. I never said that I couldn't learn something from an older person all I said was for me, I find conversing with someone my age to take away some of the pressure.

As for the flame war above, that was part of the point I was making earlier, stupid arguments that don't need to happen, or if you are bent on picking a fight do it one on one. I understand this is a sounding board but how the heck is pulling Wiki facts, clamming them 100% correct, and skewing them to your point helpful? Everyone has an opinion and no one here seems to manage to respectfully disagree with someone. One wrong remark and the whole damn thing comes apart.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to write this for a while and now I finally have the time for once to write it.

Dear DL Community,

It seems to me, a rather new addition to the world of wearing diapers, that many of you are overly judgmental even though many judge you for wearing diapers. I have found that many disagree with the way others go about their wearing, what they do diapered, weather they wet, mess, or wear 24/7. We all can't seem to be able to accept that wearing a diaper is different for each person and many try to press their style of diaper wearing on newbies who don't know what they like just yet, it is something each person should be able to find for themselves.

It's been hard for me and I'm sure that I'm not the only one, to accept that I sometimes enjoy being diapered. That the desire will come and go and that it is just a part of my life. And I believe that this site does a poor job much of the time in welcoming newbies and allowing them to openly ask questions if they have them. We are all here because we have a common thread, we love our diapers. Why can't we be more welcoming, extend a clean diaper and handshake, and be more civil with one another?

BlackoutSunset,

I completely agree with your sentiments, as do others. On this site alone, there have been numerous similar requests, but they eventually get dragged down by a select few with the excuse that 'this is the internet / real life' and 'get tough and used to it'. We all know and fully accept that this is the internet, real life or whatever termonology people wish to use, but all we ask is that maybe here. on this site, is for a little acceptance.

I've been meaning to write this for a while and now I finally have the time for once to write it.

Dear DL Community,

It seems to me, a rather new addition to the world of wearing diapers, that many of you are overly judgmental even though many judge you for wearing diapers. I have found that many disagree with the way others go about their wearing, what they do diapered, weather they wet, mess, or wear 24/7. We all can't seem to be able to accept that wearing a diaper is different for each person and many try to press their style of diaper wearing on newbies who don't know what they like just yet, it is something each person should be able to find for themselves.

It's been hard for me and I'm sure that I'm not the only one, to accept that I sometimes enjoy being diapered. That the desire will come and go and that it is just a part of my life. And I believe that this site does a poor job much of the time in welcoming newbies and allowing them to openly ask questions if they have them. We are all here because we have a common thread, we love our diapers. Why can't we be more welcoming, extend a clean diaper and handshake, and be more civil with one another?

RAMEN!

As for the flame war above, that was part of the point I was making earlier, stupid arguments that don't need to happen, or if you are bent on picking a fight do it one on one. I understand this is a sounding board but how the heck is pulling Wiki facts, clamming them 100% correct, and skewing them to your point helpful? Everyone has an opinion and no one here seems to manage to respectfully disagree with someone. One wrong remark and the whole damn thing comes apart.

I don't consider just any dispute as synonymous with a flamewar. It's not like we were hurling personal insults at each other.

It's helpful because it encourages lively debate and discussion over issues. I now understand the other person's(KittenAB) point better and I assume she understands my own better. This is how people learn to resolve differences and grow together as people. I personally see nothing wrong and I find it genuinely shocking that you have taken the time to chastise me for more or less defending the point you were originally trying to make in what was for the most part a polite manner.

And civil? Can you point out a single curse word or egregious attack against the other person's character in any post? I'm sorry, but I think that you are entirely overreacting. This isn't a matter of 'getting tough' even, it's a matter of letting other people discuss things in a what is for the most part appropriate and on-topic manner.

• Like 1

My problem is mostly still feeling out of place here...

This seems to be the best place I can go to for some help in dealing with my DL side, but I admit that I find myself judging peope here...

I think alot of it has to do with how I basically use diapers as nothing more than underwear mostly for night or when I'm just chilling around the house.

I actually find it kinda sick for me to actually use the diapers for what they are designed for, and to read some of the threads I have been seeing, I feel I am in the wrong place.

Seems that to be a Diaper Lover I must also suffer from infantism and be an Adult Baby aswell... Am I a rare breed?

I agree that I should be the first to be open minded because I do infact wear diapers for the hell of it, but infantism is just something I cant seem to understand.

I came here to find people like me... and I'm still lost.

My problem is mostly still feeling out of place here...

This seems to be the best place I can go to for some help in dealing with my DL side, but I admit that I find myself judging peope here...

I think alot of it has to do with how I basically use diapers as nothing more than underwear mostly for night or when I'm just chilling around the house.

I actually find it kinda sick for me to actually use the diapers for what they are designed for, and to read some of the threads I have been seeing, I feel I am in the wrong place.

Seems that to be a Diaper Lover I must also suffer from infantism and be an Adult Baby aswell... Am I a rare breed?

I agree that I should be the first to be open minded because I do infact wear diapers for the hell of it, but infantism is just something I cant seem to understand.

I came here to find people like me... and I'm still lost.

Markley,dont ever feel lost,You are one of 1,00s of people who just enjoy wearing diapers and NOT doing anything in them.And i know that there are many people here that would agree with me on this.So like i said dont ever feel lost here.

Markley,dont ever feel lost,You are one of 1,00s of people who just enjoy wearing diapers and NOT doing anything in them.And i know that there are many people here that would agree with me on this.So like i said dont ever feel lost here.

Thanks

I could just be looking through the wrong threads, too.

• 2 weeks later...