LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Some Advice On Beers

As someone that totally loves any beer that is too dark to see through, or any that leaves your mouth with the feeling you should chew the beer before you swallow it, I've never gotten the love of Guinness. It's dark, sure, but it has always left me wanting more flavor, and definitely more substance. That isn't to say people can't like it, or that the OP shouldn't try it, I just don't think of it as a good example of a Stout, or even of a "dark" beer.

Henry Weinhards private reserve was one of my #1 at one time, but haven't seen it a while, thanks duckie

Sierra Nevada Porter & Pete's Wicked are also good dark brews but not has heavy as Stoudts

Lotsa stuff witten here.....Deleted for clarity.............

On the extreme, get some Guiness Stout and extra stout (Ale) just for kicks.

More stuf....Deleted...

qwack

Who are you calling extreme duckie.. I would say drinking a brew named fish head was the more extreme :D And the best about guiness, you can get it right around the corner at the local pub..

well technically a malt beverage is any fermented beverage alcoholic or non alcoholic... but in general, there is beer, liquor, then malt liquor and malt beverages like mikes, smirnoff flavoured bottles, zima etc.... they aren't beer, and aren't liquor... they are malt...

As many have suggested local micro brews would be a great place to start. For some national brands, I would recomend Alaskan Amber. It has good flavor for an amber and is one of my favorites. Also Sam Adams would be a good choice too if Alaskan is unavaliable.

My favorite beer is Mac and Jacks Amber :wub::beer: Unfortunatly it is only avaliable on tap\kegs. So at another time you may want to check out some of the local bars and see if they have anything on tap that is not avaliable in stores.

As many have suggested local micro brews would be a great place to start. For some national brands, I would recomend Alaskan Amber. It has good flavor for an amber and is one of my favorites. Also Sam Adams would be a good choice too if Alaskan is unavaliable.

Ohhhhh, thanks for reminding me! The Alaskan Amber IS good and I had totally forgotten about it! A friend brought back one of those big brown jugs. Yummy yummy! :D

Henry Weinhards private reserve was one of my #1 at one time, but haven't seen it a while, thanks duckie

Sierra Nevada Porter & Pete's Wicked are also good dark brews but not has heavy as Stoudts

Henry's is available, but you have to look for it. I stumbled across some in a "Bevmo" up from where I work. They order as much as possible when it is available. I guess it is available by special order only....defiantly worth it though :thumbsup:

Who are you calling extreme duckie.. I would say drinking a brew named fish head was the more extreme :D And the best about guiness, you can get it right around the corner at the local pub..

Dogfish head is an interesting beer, I liked it! :thumbsup: here in the States, as far as I know guiness is available in liqueur stores, and some grocery stores in cans or bottles. I don't frequent bars (pubs) so I don't know if any have it on tap. We do have some pubs around here, but you have to look, I am sure they would have it, but then again, you have to go out of your way here to get to one.....many bars usually just carry the domestic swill thats available. since it's generally dark or dimly lite in most bars, most people can't see or just don't care what they drink :P

qwack

As someone that totally loves any beer that is too dark to see through, or any that leaves your mouth with the feeling you should chew the beer before you swallow it, I've never gotten the love of Guinness. It's dark, sure, but it has always left me wanting more flavor, and definitely more substance. That isn't to say people can't like it, or that the OP shouldn't try it, I just don't think of it as a good example of a Stout, or even of a "dark" beer.

Guiness is ok. It's certainly downable but yeah, it does leave you wanting to up the ante a bit. I'm a fan of a brew from Montreal, St. Amroise's Oatmeal Stout. It's something I'm beginning to drink on a regular basis. From Calgary, Big Rock's Traditional Ale is also not bad, that I enjoy drinking from a tap. Bottles not so much.

I have to agree with Repaid. Just like with many wines and liquor, you don't really notice the complete flavor of the beer (notably, the "finish") unless you swallow it. You can often taste hints of fruits, or the hops that you don't notice while the beer is in your mouth. That said, don't try to overanalyze the beer either.....just enjoy the flavor.

As several folks here have mentioned, most mass-produced American is swill, and better off left in the horse it came out of (no offense to anyone who likes Bud or Miller ;-) ). Although many imports are good, don't get them just because they're imports.

Good ones to start with that won't cost you an arm and a leg:

- Sam Adams Boston Lager: Good basic dark lager, good starting point of flavor. American beer, but made in the classic style.

- Sam Adams Brewmaster Series: Wide selection of different styles of beer, from wheats and near-lambics, to black lagers and stouts. Good wide selection if you can find a variety pack.

- Honey Brown: Lager with a flavoring of honey in it. Very smooth, with a finish that's not very rough.

- Newcastle Brown Ale: Good overall ale.

- Blue Moon/Pale Moon/Honey Moon: Anything by the Blue Moon brewing company is pretty good, very smooth, and good examples of a wheat/light ale/summer ale respectively.

What I would avoid for your first time:

- Indian Pale Ales: Although these are really good in my opinion, they have A LOT of hops in them as they ferment, and can be really bitter.

- Stouts: Guinness is an acquired taste. So are most beers like it.

- American mass-market beers.

- Mexican style "Cervesas" beers (Corona, Dos Equis, etc.)....same reason as American beer.

I have to agree with Repaid. Just like with many wines and liquor, you don't really notice the complete flavor of the beer (notably, the "finish") unless you swallow it. You can often taste hints of fruits, or the hops that you don't notice while the beer is in your mouth. That said, don't try to overanalyze the beer either.....just enjoy the flavor.

As several folks here have mentioned, most mass-produced American is swill, and better off left in the horse it came out of :roflmao: (no offense to anyone who likes Bud or Miller ;-) ). Although many imports are good, don't get them just because they're imports.

Good ones to start with that won't cost you an arm and a leg:

- Sam Adams Boston Lager: Good basic dark lager, good starting point of flavor. American beer, but made in the classic style.

- Sam Adams Brewmaster Series: Wide selection of different styles of beer, from wheats and near-lambics, to black lagers and stouts. Good wide selection if you can find a variety pack.

- Honey Brown: Lager with a flavoring of honey in it. Very smooth, with a finish that's not very rough.

- Newcastle Brown Ale: Good overall ale.

- Blue Moon/Pale Moon/Honey Moon: Anything by the Blue Moon brewing company is pretty good, very smooth, and good examples of a wheat/light ale/summer ale respectively.

What I would avoid for your first time:

- Indian Pale Ales: Although these are really good in my opinion, they have A LOT of hops in them as they ferment, and can be really bitter. Something you forgot to mention is these are commonly known as IPA's also, the initials mean the same thing, so if you see something with 'IPA" on it, you might want to wait.

- Stouts: Guinness is an acquired taste. So are most beers like it.

- American mass-market beers.

- Mexican style "Cervesas" beers (Corona, Dos Equis, etc.)....same reason as American beer.

After seeing someone else mention it look for an oatmeal stout and a cream stout.

Try a little of everything mentioned here and you'll still be drinking on your next birthday :)

wow! thanks for all the advice guys! and to answer the question asked everyone else will be lubricated as they will be swallowing i may or may not i take topamax and one of ti's effects is to dampen trhe pleasurable effects of alcohol(i take it for mighraines personally and don't ask me how i know but i have to get puking down my shirt drunk before i get a decent buzz going) TO answer everyones question about who's fofting the bill my relatives started a fund for me when i was born to celebrate any birthday i choose(since being a guy i don't get a sweet sixteen or a quinceanera i have 10 grand to spend on this birthday(i am not allowed to touch the money except on my birthday which sucks like hell but still i'd have spent it all otherwise) and intend to spend some of it on booze and the rest is gfoing to be saved for eventualities(ie police tickets, callign the plumber the next morning and gettign the house steam cleaned so the smell of stale beer doesn't linger for days). i plan to do everything possible to make sure i remember this birthday for a long time. and as for my own choices for beer, i'm picking up 2 or 3 of those shiner family reunions(shiner is one of the few beers i like) as well as some rolling rock(a delicious pale ale) as well as some ziegenbock(a little taste of home for me being a texas boy) and some of "the beert in the ugly brown bottle!"(I've heard some good thing sabout it)

First of all Happy Birthday!!!

I quit drinking 21 years ago but beer was my passion.

Instead of a mix mosh to your taste buds try something fresh and savor the experience and try to taste a different beer every day if I could have one a day. Let a day go by without the taste of the previous beer to confuse your senses. I think you might enjoy that more.

Everybody has different tastes when it comes to beer.

Among my favorites were:

Watney's Red Barrel http://www.retrowow.co.uk/retro_britain/keg_bitter/watneys_red_barrel.html

Molson Brador

Tecate with salt and lime on a hot day.

Labatte Blue http://www.labatt.ca/lda.php?url=www.labatt.ca%2F

Kirin: http://www.kirin.com/

Henry Wienhards http://www.henryweinhards.com/

San Miguel Dark Beer - Careful!

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

so i'm turning 21 next month and i'm throwing a beer tasting party to celebrate. i've already got some blegian whitbiers selected but am interested ina dding more unique or unusal beers.does anyone have any advice? and no i will not be swallowing and the beers will be doled out in small amounts. after we get through them all if anyones still thristy then we'll have us a kick ass party(at that point we should all be pretty well lubricated i would think). so what are your pickls? and give me pointers on what they taste like and where to get them if you cna please.

HR also makes a great root beer too. They are still around.