LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Leaking Question.

I've been wearing on and off whenever I can tried a few different diapers over the years too. Anyways this week has been the first time I've finally decided to wear at all times except for work. I've been wearing CVS maximum absorbency diapers for the time being and I've been having an issue I've never had during casual wearing. When I've been wetting and laying down the pee has been coming up the side and leaking out near the the tapes. Have I been taping them too tight or wearing them to high? Any help would be awesome!

Do those diapers have standing leak guards?

It's pretty much an unavoidable hazard if you pee too fast while laying down on your back and pointing down. Your butt being firmly down on the padding pretty much makes a seal across the diaper and pee can only trickle into the butt of the diaper either along the [ahem]crack[/ahem] or by soaking into the padding first, which takes a few seconds. If you pee too fast, it pools before this happens and comes up the front and can escape out the sides.

Standing leak guards (second row of stand-up elastic on each side through the legs) help stop this to an extent but it's kind of a feature of peeing while laying down in anything but the fastest absorbing diapers. Try slowing down the flow a bit and lifting your butt just a little to ease the flow to the back of the diaper. If you lift your butt and pee too fast in a store-brand diaper though, it'll probably escape out the rear waistband so definitely slow down a bit! :P

You can also learn to recognise when this is starting to happen and can either stop peeing for a few seconds to let the puddle soak into the diaper or press down on the front of the diaper on the side where it's going to leak to soak up the escaping pee before it gets out.

Do those diapers have standing leak guards?

It's pretty much an unavoidable hazard if you pee too fast while laying down on your back and pointing down. Your butt being firmly down on the padding pretty much makes a seal across the diaper and pee can only trickle into the butt of the diaper either along the [ahem]crack[/ahem] or by soaking into the padding first, which takes a few seconds. If you pee too fast, it pools before this happens and comes up the front and can escape out the sides.

Standing leak guards (second row of stand-up elastic on each side through the legs) help stop this to an extent but it's kind of a feature of peeing while laying down in anything but the fastest absorbing diapers. Try slowing down the flow a bit and lifting your butt just a little to ease the flow to the back of the diaper. If you lift your butt and pee too fast in a store-brand diaper though, it'll probably escape out the rear waistband so definitely slow down a bit! :P

You can also learn to recognise when this is starting to happen and can either stop peeing for a few seconds to let the puddle soak into the diaper or press down on the front of the diaper on the side where it's going to leak to soak up the escaping pee before it gets out.

So the second row of elastic are "standing leak guards"...? I guess you learn something every day :)

Amazing what a difference that one "thread" of elastic can make! I too point down and have had this problem, but have found the lifting your butt trick works wonders. Also gives the whole nappy that nice wet feeling that we love so much ;)

Amazing what a difference that one "thread" of elastic can make!

Well, one thread of elastic and that hydrophobic material between it and the diaper :P I believe their primary purpose is catching number 2 and ensuring it doesn't ooze out the edge (icky) but they're a good first line of defence against pee leaks too.

Well, one thread of elastic and that hydrophobic material between it and the diaper :P I believe their primary purpose is catching number 2 and ensuring it doesn't ooze out the edge (icky) but they're a good first line of defence against pee leaks too.

Ahhh ok!

My technical nappy knowledge is getting better every minute :)

My Attends don't have "leak guards" and I don't have this problem.

I think you are peeing with too much force... slow it down and let it trickle out. Most diapers aren't made to handle a complete gusher at full pressure.

I would try using a microfiber hand towel folded into the center of the diaper, these towels will take a sudden flood and extend the usable life of the diaper.

I have been using this method for years, not perfect but works better than a diaper alone.

CVS. Maximum Absorbency. It's been my experience that those two don't go together at all! Maybe in recent years CVS has gotten better but every time I've tried them I use a couple and donate the rest of the bag to goodwill! They just don't have the absorbency that even other inexpensive store brands have, at least when I have tried them in the past.

CVS. Maximum Absorbency. It's been my experience that those two don't go together at all! Maybe in recent years CVS has gotten better but every time I've tried them I use a couple and donate the rest of the bag to goodwill! They just don't have the absorbency that even other inexpensive store brands have, at least when I have tried them in the past.

Their 'day and nightime' briefs are OK in my opinion, but a far cry from any premium brand whistling.gifDrugstore brands are usually made by First Quality or Wellness and are actually all the same except for name, packaging, and retail price. There may be a few variations but this generally holds true ;) The latest Walgreen and CVS diapers I've bought are the same.

And I might be mistaken (please let me know if I am) but I thought "standing leak guards" referred to the extra material extending beyond the leg elastics which should be folded inward, thus covering the edge of the absorbent material to prevent wicking and leakage :huh:

Bettypooh