LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Medical Insurance

As long as a doctor writs you a scrip for diapers the medical insurance will pick up the tab, but they probably deal with a supplier/ at a reduced rate, more than likely just getting some run of the mill diaper.

I think if you had a slight wetting problem you would get a cheapo diaper, just enough to do the job.

My insurance does not cover diapers but my flexible spending account does.

Be prepared because the flex spending for diapers goes away in 2011 because of Obamacare. Be prepared to pay a tax on medical devices starting in 2011.

So i was just watching tv and seeing an add for adult diapers and got the idea and wonder if my medical insurance would cover my diaper needs? Has anyone ab/dl got their Medical insurance to cover your diapers?

Actually it's in 2013 that flex spending accounts begin to be affected by the new law, and they don't go away; they're just capped at $2500 per year. The limit will increase each year to allow for inflation.

AFAIK, most private insurers in the US are like yours (and mine), and don't cover diapers unless they're part of a hospital bill. The Veterans' Administration and Medicaid will cover them, but only certain brands.

Guest Pizaz

I still am leery about using my flex spending account for diapers. I guess I'm just paranoid. But there's no way for your employer to know, right?

Actually it's in 2013 that flex spending accounts begin to be affected by the new law, and they don't go away; they're just capped at $2500 per year. The limit will increase each year to allow for inflation.

AFAIK, most private insurers in the US are like yours (and mine), and don't cover diapers unless they're part of a hospital bill. The Veterans' Administration and Medicaid will cover them, but only certain brands.

I'm incontinent due to a back injury and the Veterans' Administration (VA) DOES provide diapers along with the rest of my meds, back brace, TENTS unit, and all the other medical coverage I receive. Your also correct about the brands of diapers they provide......not the best. I receive Depends, they have a few other brands such as Wings, but Depends is probably the best brand they offer to anyone the has a proven medical need. Additionally, it does take a prescription from a doc (usually a urologist) to receive free diapers from the VA. In some situation the VA has provided quality brand diapers such as Abena XPlus, or even cloth diapers but this is an exception to VA policy to receive these types of items. I'm in the process of getting the VA to provide me with Abean XPlus but this has not been an easy and I have the support and recommendation of the VA urologist to receive this product.

Those on disability with urological problems are eligible for adult diapers. A friend of mine gets a allotment shipped to his house monthly consisting of diapers, pads for stuffing, bed pads, cleaning spray and diaper rash cream.

I don't think those who work and pay for medical insurance can get such a deal.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

So i was just watching tv and seeing an add for adult diapers and got the idea and wonder if my medical insurance would cover my diaper needs? Has anyone ab/dl got their Medical insurance to cover your diapers?

I still am leery about using my flex spending account for diapers. I guess I'm just paranoid. But there's no way for your employer to know, right?

No, just because a benefit is offered to you through your employeer doesn't meen they have access to your files from that benefit. It's typically a third party that you use for a FSA. Furthermore it's none of their business and would likely be cause for a privacy act issue if they were finding out what you bought. Anyway, don't worry about it, FSA is safe, they only way your employeer will know is if you tell them.

Who cares if your employer finds out? If they make your medical issues public, they could face serious civil litigation and or criminal prosecution! Your employer will say nothing!

actully I asked my doctor if i could have some cuz i was hvin some bed wettin issues, n she said shes not allowed to give them out, she instead would reffer me to a nursin home for the elderly.