LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"Return To Top" Button

I'd really like to see a return to top button at the bottom of each page. When I am lost in a thread (often) I use the path at the top of the page to get me oriented. Long pages require me to use my wheelie thing on the mouse to much and it huts my finger.

Anondl

PS I'll wait for the replies from people who don't recognize that I'm serious about the button but kidding about the finger.

Theres a couple of ways to get to the top without a return to top button.

1) Use your mouse and CLICK+DRAG the scrollbar to the top, you can get it to the top in a fairly rapid succession

2) Click on the URL and go to the very end of it (right arrow key if its highlighted will place you at the end) and enter a '#' then hit enter

3) Most modern mouse wheels have a button as well, if you click on it you should get a circle shape with 2 or 4 arrows (up, down, left, right. up and down is standard), moving your mouse in teh direction you wish to travel and further you are from the place you clicked will make it go rapidly up or down or left or right of the page until it can go no more

Also, in the bottom right before the fast reply box there is a drop down menu with a list of all of the boards available for you in that drop down menu, select it and press 'go' this is a very useful feature and it seems often misused or ignored completely

edit: just found this out. at the VERY BOTTOM LEFT on the IP Board layout scheme (the quick layout scheme selection is just above this) there is indeed a "Back to top" link.

i believe so as well, if you read my edit, literally done seconds after originally posting, you will see that i added that there is a back to top link in the bottom left corner of the page at the very bottom. let alone the 1, 2, and 3 were just suggestions to getting to the top of the page quickly. PRIOR to me knowing of the back to top link in the bottom left corner of the page. and the "also" portion was just a another suggestion on navigating without having to go to the top of the page.

edit: let me explain how that "back to top" link works by the way. since some people are confused, not necessarily saying on here, on how some of those buttons/links actually work. There is such a thing as title-tagging in html. you can do this by using the following code in HTML:

<a name="whatever"></a>This is the whatever section

the name is where the following link comes into play.

<a href="#whatever">Back to Whatever</a>

that will tell the current url to append #whatever to the end of it and to find an <a> tag with the name "whatever" and send your browser to it. If you click on the back to top link, you will see that their is a "#top" portion appended to the end of the URL. this means if you were to look into the source code, you would most likely find something of:

<a name="top"></a>

and the link to get there

<a href="#top">To Top</a>

its possible you wont even find a <a name="top"></a> or anything related to it in the source code! Why? Because most browsers that can not find such tagging in a document (the page your on) will often end up setting it to the top of page (which is why suggestion 2 in my first post will work. it looks for a null name in a <a> tag, which most people dont use nor have a reason to. it just takes up space! [<a name=""></a> over <a></a> ... bytes do add up])

Uummmmm, might I just mention the Page up button on the keyboard, works great! no muss, no fuss. Click Boom! thumbsup.gif There is the chance I miss read what it is your trying to do. Also you mentioned your scroll wheel, that can be adjusted within windows in the control panel. You can set it to advance the page however you feel comfortable, from one line per "click" to a half a page. So anyway best of luck.

Page up button. On the keyboard. Huh? Oh that. Now I do feel stupid. Thanks Repaid1. Who was it that said the simplest explanation was usually the correct one? Occam?

Anondl

edit: just found this out. at the VERY BOTTOM LEFT on the IP Board layout scheme (the quick layout scheme selection is just above this) there is indeed a "Back to top" link.

I bet that thing has been there all along. :D Now I feel stupid and blind. Maybe I'm just too old for the internet. :lol:

See I posted multiple times again. Lets just call it style. :P

Anondl

course with a macbook pro, all you have to do is run two fingers up or down on the touch pad and it automatically scrolls for you, no clicking required...

ahhh the joys of mac