LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Hospitals

bobs

I was on the cart waiting to be wheeled into surgery once and I had to pee. I asked the nurse if I could get up and go to the bathroom and she told me I would be in the operating room in a few minutes and as soon as I was put under she would be putting a cathater on me. Just my luck that a cute young nurse would be messing with me down there and I'm out like a light! That surgery was the only time I got sick from the anestetic when I woke up in the recovery room. I said I had to use the bathroom, they got me in a wheelchair with a sheet on it and as I was being pushed towards the bathroom I vometed so violently that my bowels released a little. Fortunatly I had one of those plastic containers with me and I puked into it instead of all over myself. I was rushed into the bathroom where I couldn;t have a minute's piece while sitting on the toilet! I was in there by myself but every 10 seconds someone outside the door would call out, "Are you doing OK in there?" I guess it's their job and better safe than sorry but I was trying to do my business in there! I've never gotten sick before or after that from the anestetic.

Hi AutieAB

I have been in for surgery 7 times in 2 years after a severe MVA that left me partially disabled and incontinent. I was diapered for every surgery except lower abdominal and they were working on the bladder any way. Maybe it's different in Canada but they never blinked at leaving me in a diaper and they were really good when it came to needing to be changed when I was in recovery and the ward.

Never had to be cathed or diapered in the hospital even for surgury . I was going skiing and an instructor mistook the level of difficulty on the hill for another one . I fell after a set of mounds my ACL tore a massive hunk of my femur off and jammed it into my knee cap i couldnt walk , my back had compressed 3 disks and i needed to be carried back to our bus .

Anyway 8 hours without medical care left my knee extremely swollen , i used the bathroom once before i was knocked out with both pain medication and sleep aid .

I spent 2 weeks waiting for the swelling to go down enough for surgury , even with all the stuff they were pumping into me i never once was forced to be cathed. and thank god because it never would have happen with me conscience.

It totally depends on what type of surgery you have. I had an outpatient surgery for a knee that normally takes about half an hour, even with general anesthesia, no diapers and no cath. For my other surgery where they had to fuse two vertebrae in the spine (ACDF), one level only -- THANK GOD, that one was cath moment.

So it is not true that for every surgery they put in a cath or diapers, even if all might involve general anesthesia...

When I was recently admitted to the hospital, I just asked the nurse if I could wear a diaper. She said sure and didn't ask any questions...even asked me if I wanted help putting it on. It's really not that hard. All you have to do is ask.

Was it a hospital brand diaper? did you accept the help to put the diaper on?

For the last two years i have worn depends pull ons to my doctors appointment at the VA

I have a autoimmune neurological disorder(Neurosarcoidosis with Peripheral neuropathy) and though i have never had a accident they do not know that but i do have bladder urgency and have complained about it, my primary care doctor claims it from a enlarged prostate i say its neurological.

Since Neurosarcoidosis can cause incontinence there is no way for them to know for sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurosarcoidosis

I plan to keep wearing depends and don't care what they think i may even go to diapers in a couple years.

Hospitals are so careful about infection these days, they'd never allow a diapered patient into an OR.

Not true, I've was involved in a bad car accident 14 years ago. Over the dozens of surgeries I've had I've always worn a diaper, though once I was catheterized during the surgery and re-diapered before I woke up. I know because I hurt down there and asked one of the attending nurses. She said I wet so much just an hour into the surgery they just cathed me for the remaining 4+ hours I was under.

Some other times the nurses gave me a little hard time about it but always said ok so long as I'm dry going into the OR. Even more times it wasn't an issue at all except afterwords they wanted to make sure I wasn't going to develop a rash or need help changing (I always declined when asked but never refused when told).

Firstly, it's right, anyone who has used hospital diapers will know they suck [as someone said already]. For me, this used to be a nightmare if I ever had to go in. Not so bothered nowadays, it's no big deal really is it. Anyway, I thought the post was weird too, and thanks to everyone for making me laugh as I read the replies! :lol:

I was in a car accident a few weeks ago and was of course, I was wearing a diaper. Well, I woke up in a hospital room completely out of it due to the drugs and the accident. I remember looking around the room and on the table were a stack of diapers. About that time the nurse came in and said something to the effect the diaper they changed me to probably wasnt as good as the one I had on but the other was soaked. She said they would just keep me in them since I wouldnt be there much longer, of course that was the understatement of the year .... after several more hours, with the stream of doctors and nurses didnt seem to end. They wheeled me around for tests and everything else, each time I got up, with that wonderful hospital gown showing off my diaper not to mention that distinctive crinkling. At one point the nurse asked if I need my diaper changed. I was mortified but kind of liked it too. Regardless, about 20 hours later I was released with a fresh diaper, several stitches and some nasty bruises.

Not my ideal way for my girlfriend to find out I wore diapers, but so far - she hasnt said anything or made fun of me for it. Possibly this is one way to break the ice and tell people that you wear diapers. :rolleyes: