LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bridal Diapers Debunked

Baby keiff,

I do not wish to put anyone down here keiff but it appears that you may be slipping away from reality here. Lets take a look at your first paragraph. It starts . My 12 year niece chose to wear a pullup on her confirmation day. Ok though rather bazaar it is possible that it could happen. Then you go on to say that a number of her class mates did the same thing. That is where it gets hard to believe. I don't think that even one in 50 parents would allow there kid to wear a diaper in this case much less a number of her class mates.

Then, why would your nieces even think of diapers if they are not involved with them such as wetting the bed. This should never even entered their mind.

You know keiff you have to realize that anyone with an IQ at least in the double digits would find this first paragraph hard to swallow.

If you can not see what I'm getting at here buddy you need to check and see if your well is too close to the septic tank.

Again Baby keiff I'm not trying to start a war here just understand that if you wright something in here you need to say things that are at lease feasible. your credibility depends on it. peace out.

Wow... a noob with some logic. That is a rare thing.

• Like 2

Then you go on to say that a number of her class mates did the same thing. That is where it gets hard to believe.

And even if you do believe it, it begs the question "how on earth do you know that?" After all, it's not exactly something that "a number" of people would share with all and sundry...

understand that if you wright something in here you need to say things that are at lease feasible. your credibility depends on it. peace out.

Q... F... T...

Lets face it, the vast majority realise that this is something that probably does happen.... but that it's such a rare occurrence that it's statistically insignificant (and I'd wager you'd need to be a DL in denial to even consider it a sensible alternative to other options, like... um... using the toilet :rolleyes:). However, there are people in our community who just love to fantasise. They will always come along and post radically wacky and unbelievable stuff then attempt to pass it off as truth and that is how urban legends like "bridal diapers" take off :rolleyes:

I can say that, for certain, I did not wear a diaper on my wedding day. Of course, my marriage ended in disastrous splendor - so maybe I should have, for luck! ;-)

That being said, I also have to doubt what Keiff is saying. I know multiple families in Europe, and while one family did allow their daughter to keep her pacifier to the unsightly age of 4, not a single one of them has ever mentioned older children using diapers or pullups. I also know that in my rather large extended family, that happens to have had a large number of weddings and communions, the only person who has ever worn a diaper is my one cousin who has spina bifida and is in a wheel chair - and even then it's only to make sure nothing happens between her cath routines. My family isn't shy either. They pretty much tell everyone everything, so I'm pretty sure knowledge like this would get out!

It seems that my character, and reputations is being put into question here.

1/ It was the school that sent the letter home to the parents suggesting that the children, for communion, wear some protection. The length of the ceremony is normally about two hours, and there is no bathroom facilities at this church. In previous years, a number of children have had accidents, which since the school is organizing the event, the school is liable. Also, a number of years ago, the school had organized temporary bathroom facilities, but since this event is not on a school-day, a teacher / career is not available to provide security to the bathrooms.

2/ My god-daughter is the same age as my deceased daughter, and I took care of both of them for the first 5 years of their life. My god-daughter is now closer to me that she is to her own parents.

3/ Medically, there is nothing wrong with my god-daughters bladder except, similar to a huge portion of the population - those not considered to be incontinent - when under stress, might leak some urine.

4/ In my line of work, as most medical staff can attest to, diapers and pull-ups are worn by a portion of the populist where there is no medical need. Since the conversation with a patient is confidential, medical staff do not mention this to anyone - including their own family etc.

5/ As many here have said, yes some people, not considered to be incontinent (or AB/DL), chose freely to wear protection at certain times in their life. With the increased advertisements on 'bladder weakness', more people are aware of the availability of such product. Statistics prove this, based on the increased sales of these products during the wedding season, sales that don't coincide with the average aged bladder weakness.

6/ ErinM,

I strongly suggest that you read 'NaughtyAshes' 133 contributed items here, and decide for yourself, if what I stated about her posts are true or false. Worldwide, the average teenager spends time figuring out themselves, and as a result, cannot allow others to affect their judgments. As a teenager, I behaved that way myself, and as a parent, have had to deal with teenagers with that problem. In my opinion, NaughtyAshes among others, still has not matured past that growth pattern.

7/ If the market was not large enough, the product would not exist. However, most baby diaper manufacturers make 'pull-ups' in sizes that can fit a 12-14 year old, and is discrete. This graph is made from stats readily available on the net

Age % Bedwet Qty (USA) PullUps Sales Diff

---
-------------
--------
2.4m
---------
3.7m
------------
1.3m

-
5~7
-----------
--------
2m
------------
4m
--------------
2m

--
7~10
-----------
--------
.9m
-----------
2.2m
-----------
2.1m

-
10~15
----------
--------
.3m
-----------
1m
---------------
.7m

My final words on this topic - Please don't be naive to insist that something doesn't occur just because you don't see it, or are not told it. 700,000 age 10 to 15 year olds wear pull-ups that don't have a medical need for same. That is 4% of 10-15 year olds. This works out at 6.1 million children between the age of 5 to 15 (5% of the population) who do not bedwet, or are classed as incontinent, are either forced to wear by their parents, or chose to wear at specific times - like long car journeys, special events etc.

• Like 3

It would seem to me that if the bride does not need a diaper then the wedding ceremony is too short. What do you think?

When I got Bride Dolly Cassandra Lynette Estelle Christin, 32" tall., she was not a bride doll but she had this gorgeouse what satin dress with a lace overlay so I thought she would be a scrumptious bride doll. She was wearing some kind of panty that looked like a cloth pull-up with thick extra material down the length of the center. I get here a small comb tiara, got some material and made a cape for which I got a fastener and a veil and blusher that could be taken off separately from the tiara. She already had a bow wristlet. I got her child's white purse woth a long strap for a pocketbook and pearlescent ivory baby/toddler shoes. over the dipaer like panty she wore I put a pair of plastic-lined ruffled panties about wich I do not know how she feels, that I had for another doll. I took off the taupe panty hose that was pinned to her body because I was appalled at that being done to her, got here a small faux pearl necklace and a doll stand. Her picture is in my gallery. Her hair was such a rat'snest and coming out that I got here a shoulder length very light blond wig. She stands on a small but high table at the foot of my bed facing the head of the bed. So at least some brides wear diapers of a sort.

• Like 1

6/ ErinM,

I strongly suggest that you read 'NaughtyAshes' 133 contributed items here, and decide for yourself, if what I stated about her posts are true or false. Worldwide, the average teenager spends time figuring out themselves, and as a result, cannot allow others to affect their judgments. As a teenager, I behaved that way myself, and as a parent, have had to deal with teenagers with that problem. In my opinion, NaughtyAshes among others, still has not matured past that growth pattern.

Right. How about you save me some time and link to some of her posts? I am not going to waste my time looking through pages and pages of threads just to appease you.

And what the hell is all of that other crap I quoted above? How does it have any bearing on this conversation?

• Like 2

Some words I live by are:

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof"

-- Marcello Truzzi

Since such extraordinary proof probably won't be (shouldn't be!) forthcoming in this case, you should expect and accept that your extraordinary claim will be met with eyebrow-raised scepticism.

Regarding the difference between sales (if indeed they're actually known - commercial secrets and all that) and approximate proportions of children who wet the bed, there's at least one factor you've missed, particularly applicable to the larger sizes: ABDLs. I know I'm not a 10-15yo bedwetter but I have a pack of Goodnites in my diaper supply ;)

Point goes back to what I said above about DL's in denial. In order for a continent person to even consider a diaper/pull-up for such a short period of time to be a good idea, they must be at least receptive to the idea of wearing one when there's no necessity. I can't think that anybody with good bladder control would voluntarily chose to wear a diaper for a two-hour service rather than just hold it. Two hours is not a very long time to have to do so.

• Like 1
Guest NaughtyAshes

It seems that my character, and reputations is being put into question here.

1/ It was the school that sent the letter home to the parents suggesting that the children, for communion, wear some protection. The length of the ceremony is normally about two hours, and there is no bathroom facilities at this church. In previous years, a number of children have had accidents, which since the school is organizing the event, the school is liable. Also, a number of years ago, the school had organized temporary bathroom facilities, but since this event is not on a school-day, a teacher / career is not available to provide security to the bathrooms.

2/ My god-daughter is the same age as my deceased daughter, and I took care of both of them for the first 5 years of their life. My god-daughter is now closer to me that she is to her own parents.

3/ Medically, there is nothing wrong with my god-daughters bladder except, similar to a huge portion of the population - those not considered to be incontinent - when under stress, might leak some urine.

4/ In my line of work, as most medical staff can attest to, diapers and pull-ups are worn by a portion of the populist where there is no medical need. Since the conversation with a patient is confidential, medical staff do not mention this to anyone - including their own family etc.

5/ As many here have said, yes some people, not considered to be incontinent (or AB/DL), chose freely to wear protection at certain times in their life. With the increased advertisements on 'bladder weakness', more people are aware of the availability of such product. Statistics prove this, based on the increased sales of these products during the wedding season, sales that don't coincide with the average aged bladder weakness.

6/ ErinM,

7/ If the market was not large enough, the product would not exist. However, most baby diaper manufacturers make 'pull-ups' in sizes that can fit a 12-14 year old, and is discrete. This graph is made from stats readily available on the net

Age % Bedwet Qty (USA) PullUps Sales Diff

---
-------------
--------
2.4m
---------
3.7m
------------
1.3m

-
5~7
-----------
--------
2m
------------
4m
--------------
2m

--
7~10
-----------
--------
.9m
-----------
2.2m
-----------
2.1m

-
10~15
----------
--------
.3m
-----------
1m
---------------
.7m

My final words on this topic - Please don't be naive to insist that something doesn't occur just because you don't see it, or are not told it. 700,000 age 10 to 15 year olds wear pull-ups that don't have a medical need for same. That is 4% of 10-15 year olds. This works out at 6.1 million children between the age of 5 to 15 (5% of the population) who do not bedwet, or are classed as incontinent, are either forced to wear by their parents, or chose to wear at specific times - like long car journeys, special events etc.

1. Your church without bathroom claim is ridiculous as its a public facility. Especially if they are having public services there. Double especially if clergy are living and working there. Also, it seems the far simpler and obvious tactic for avoiding accidents is going before hand, its only two hours. and if you aren't consuming liquid, you are fine.

4. You are the king of the overused generalization and appeal to mysterious authority fallacies. Do you personally know, and have written statements from "most" medical staff which agree with you? Additionally, if this is so confidential, why are you telling a bunch of random strangers on the internet?

5. Total lack of facts, impossible to track down data as sales reports are corporate secrets.

6. lol.

7. Its called bedwetting, thats why they make them so big. If the market was big enough, they would advertise to that demographic for that purpose.

• Like 4

^ NaughtyAshes you hit the nail on the head. +1 for you. How insane would that be if you got a letter in the mail stating this.

Dear Parents/Guardians,

With the upcoming confirmation of our student???... we have had some issues in the past about children needing to use the restroom during the cerimony and since there aren't any, they have had accidents which we are liable for. Our suggestion is to offer your children some "protection" in the form of a pull-up or small adult diaper depending on their size. This would eliminate any problems of needing to find a restroom during the cerimony. We couldn't get security guards???... to station any portable bathrooms so you are left to diapers or wetting/messing yourself without protection. Parents may also want to consider this option as this is a two our cerimony and there are no bathrooms for you either. So if you can't hold it for about two hours, then diaper up folks! Sorry for the inconvenience.

The school/church staff

Explain the "school" sent a letter home for the "church". I realize there are churches at school but if that's the case here then there would definately be a bathroom nearby.

Why do you need security guards for a porta-potty?

Just stop with the nonsense and quit trying to dig yourself out of this hole. I mean, now you have a school with church that has NO bathroom? Yeah, like that would pass any sort of code. The parents were sent a letter telling them to have their children wear diapers, really??? Are you really expecting us to believe that??? That's insane! Get real man and stop the nonsense, please.

• Like 1

Eh, 4% of 10-15 year olds in the United States is 6.1 million? Would you mind showing us where you derived those statistics from?

Lookie here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Uspop.svg

Now, let's take everybody, male and female, from ages 10 to 19.

That appears to be about 40 million people.

40,000,000/100 * 4 = 1,600,000

Therefore, 4% of the entirety of the teenage population of the U.S., including some people the age of majority, is 1.6 million as of 2000.

1,600,000 is a smaller number than 6,100,000 in spite of the fact that it covers nearly double the age range that you mentioned. So I can only wonder where you are getting this stuff at this point keiff.

• Like 4

It seems that my character, and reputations is being put into question here. (blah blah blah)

Dude, quit bullshitting. You tried to pull a fast one on us and we called you on it. Get over it, learn from your mistake (stop lying) and move on. Keep your tales in the realm of believable truth and folks will probably let you alone.

• Like 1

Did any of you folks do any opposition research on babykeiff?

Look at his location.

If I read it correctly, could well believe there are rural churches there, some over 1500 years old, with no restrooms, since there is usually a rectory close by. Also they take their religion VERY seriously and may not allow persons to leave their ceremonies

• Like 1

Look at his location.

This is utterly aside from the numerous falsehoods he has propagated in this thread. I personally have no interest in calling what he claims to have happened in his personal life into question. After all, what he has personally experienced hardly qualifies as evidence for the rest of us.

The plural of anecdote isn't data.

• Like 2

Christine - even IF what he was saying were true because he lives in a tiny little place in the middle of nowhere - it still makes his post irrelevant to the rest of the world. Therefor his claims about what "most medical professionals" know is completely bogus. If you assume he is telling the truth about a twillight zone isolated sector of the world, then he can't try to generalize to what happens outside it. If you assume that where he lives is NOT totally unique, then the arguments we have all given still apply.

Also - as a child from a small town in the middle of nowhere, we were frequently taken on class trips where the bus ride would be an hour to two hours. These are school busses, without restrooms. Not once, in any of my time in school up to the present day when my younger siblings are in school, did the administration ever send out any notes requesting parents diaper their children. Accidents were also a very rare incident on the busses. (maybe once every 5 years or so, and almost always with a child with known wetting problems) Now - this is only annecdotal evidence, I know, but it does go to show that (at least in my little world) children are quite capable of not using the restroom for prolonged periods of time.

• Like 1

To be fair, an awful lot of churches in the UK are 800+ years old (not 1500 but there some very, very, very old and very, very, very interesting ruins of that kind of age and older do exist). They most definitely don't have toilet facilities or much apart from a very small vestry for the vicar. I'm sure many in Ireland are of similar age and construction.

But what points WallaWalla and littleJaina made are also valid :) - lack of facilities makes no odds because (1) services aren't typically of such a length that bladders would normally be challenged (2) you could still nip outside and find a suitable tree if it was that urgent and (3) most churches have a village/parish hall on site that would have facilities available.

• Like 1

Just stop it.

Are Babykeiff's stories unlikely? Seems to me that they are. It also seems possible. One of the kids has wetting problems, mentioned that they'd be wearing something. Others then decided it wasn't a bad idea...I don't know though.

I can't imagine anybody plunking down $10 for pull ups that will be worn once for a few hours. Most kids will be fine if they pee before and after a ceremony that lasts a few hours. If they can't, then I'm sure they wear pull ups or diapers frequently because that sounds like a bit of a problem. I know my daughter has gone from home to her gymnastics class and back again without needing to pee, and that has been about 3.5-4 hours sometimes.

People,

whether you wish to believe me or not, is YOUR choice. I thought that I would share something that occurred as an example that some people, other than members of this group or the incontinent, choose freely to use protection as and when they wish. It does not mean that they wear for their or someones sexual pleasure, it just means that when the circumstances dictate, normal logical people make normal logical choices.

The girl(s) are 12 year old, well capable of rational choices and control, but 2-3 hours in a church in front of all their parents and peers, and incapable of deviating from what their teachers have spent the last six months teaching them - to an adult, it is a lot of pressure, but to a child, certain things happen that are out of their control. On average, 10% of children attending communion / confirmation faint. 3% will vomit. It is an extremely stressful time in their lives. The average church ceremony starts at 10am, and lasts until 11.30. The average child is up since 7am, and unable to eat / drink due to stress. They usually meet their teachers etc, as a group, at 9.30am, and are 'on show' until 11.30/11.45, unable to leave the group for any reason. Bathroom breaks are given before AND after the ceremony, but due to the stress involved, this is of little advantage. The children involved are usually asleep by 12 midday, due to physical exhaustion.

I have encountered this myself as a child, and also as a parent and and Uncle. I personally think that for the church to insist on this ceremony for a 12 year old (Confirmation), is wrong, but even worse for the average 8 year old (Communion).

At this stage, I really don't care if certain people believe me or not. Secondly, I personally have lost my patience with some people here, and will not be returning to this topic. I feel totally frustrated, trying to share both my knowledge and experience, and having a certain few either take my words and repeat them verbatim ( as if they knew what they were talking about) OR acuse me of lying or misleading OR ask me for documentary evidence to prove my qualifications. - I did not join DD to get this harassment, the real world is vile enough.

• Like 3

Welcome to the wonderful world of culture shock. It would not surprise me if this is true, although I think that that's a little much to say of a 12 year old. I6 or 7 I can readily believe. I would wager the same is true in Portugal, Spain and Italy where religion has an iron grip. You would have to have grown up in a city like Fall River where the dominant culture was, first, French Canadian then Portugues and seen them close up. As an example, most Americans have no idea how seriously these folk take the relationship of <em>Padrinho </em> and <em>Madrinho</em> ["little father", "little mother"]. They regard Irish-Americans as atheists. We often kid about "Sister Margeret Mercy [who has none whatsoever]" the Irish nun. who borders on brutal. Given the fear that these "teachers" instill in their little charges, I can accept your figures of losing breakfast or keeling over as valid, if not actually correc. much of which has to do with physical conditions associated with close quarterst. Even in the slightly watered-down version that occur in this country the effect is surprising to a person not familiar with such cultures. Although I did not have those kinds of stress problems as I was always pretty self-posessed and just looked at them as "my show: Bring it on". Granted, I'm from the US and was on good terms wit the nun, but a lot of kids were intimidated

You want to know about another one like that, try 10-12 year olds at a piano recital. I flew throug it but my sister, who was as good a player as I was if not better broke down on her second performance

It's just a testament to how trivially Americans take religion (and by me, that is to the good) and should be a lesson in practical Sociology

Eh, 4% of 10-15 year olds in the United States is 6.1 million? Would you mind showing us where you derived those statistics from?

Lookie here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Uspop.svg

Now, let's take everybody, male and female, from ages 10 to 19.

That appears to be about 40 million people.

40,000,000/100 * 4 = 1,600,000

Therefore, 4% of the entirety of the teenage population of the U.S., including some people the age of majority, is 1.6 million as of 2000.

1,600,000 is a smaller number than 6,100,000 in spite of the fact that it covers nearly double the age range that you mentioned. So I can only wonder where you are getting this stuff at this point keiff.

Psst, Walla Walla, He does magic. He can make something out of nothing. From thin air to statistics.

OMG! The statistic smell so foul again I can hardly stand to be in the room. WHAT??? 10% of people faint at this?

Bathroom breaks are given before and after confirmation??? Where, I thought there weren't any bathrooms.

You must grow a different breed there or something as this seems like insanity from what you describe.

Where I come from kids are resiliant and yes, they may get the occasional jitters but for the most part they're just kids and don't have a care in the world yet. However, you're describing 10-12 year olds. Grades 5-7 where I come from. Dude, I along with others my age were out playing sports all afternoon, in Scouts in the evening, Church some nights for confirmation, and generally just hanging out. We went to school were you maybe went to the bathroom once or twice a day for the average student in elementary or middle school and typically found time inbetween class or something to go. 10-12 CAN HOLD THE URINE!!! It's all relative to their size. Sure, smaller bladder but also less fluid intake = peeing just as frequent as an average adult. Do you honestly think kids can't hold their bladder for more than two hours because of their age? I don't recall peeing 12 times in a day as a child. Sure, stressful situations can cause some butterflies and maybe one pees their pants but I remember my whole fifth grade class putting on presentation infront of all the parents from the school who had kids in that grade. It was probably about 300 fifth graders. Not once do I remember one passing out or peeing themselves. You must not be teaching them right in your society if they can't handle the social environment surrounding a confirmation where 1 out 10 passes out and 1 out of 33 pukes! Insane I tell you, INSANE!!! Ughhh, this is sooooo rediculous.

• Like 1
Guest NaughtyAshes

...Yeah I was born and raised roman catholic went to first communion and confirmation....no one fainted at mine and there were like 40 kids there. And i've been to dozens of the things, never once seen a fainting.

...but I don't worship the cloud alien any more though.

• Like 1

In the spring of the year I was 13 (1959) I almost lost it a couple of times. the first time I got nauseated, light-headed and was seeing white but that was it. the second time, about 3 weeks later I startd to get light-headed and a bit nauseated but it did not last. I just chalked it up to one (or a couple) of "those things" and hoped it would not happen again

A couple years later, one of my younger friends' parents told a story about him keeling over

A few years ago, another person around my age told me of similar observations in his 10-13 y/o age range. Never heard of girls having that happen

I can accept your figures of losing breakfast or keeling over as valid, if not actually correc.

It's just a testament to how trivially Americans take religion (and by me, that is to the good) and should be a lesson in practical Sociology

Vomiting or fainting I believe. However, no amount of diapers will help with that. :roflmao:

I'm not sure what the American attitude toward religion has to with it. If you've seen the religious right, though, I'd say that there are many Americans who take religion extremely seriously.

• Like 1

Look at his location.

If I read it correctly, could well believe there are rural churches there, some over 1500 years old, with no restrooms, since there is usually a rectory close by. Also they take their religion VERY seriously and may not allow persons to leave their ceremonies

To be honest, I have yet to see a church that has a public restroom that one can use during a service. And it doesn't matter if the church was built recently or is older that the USofA.

Maybe Americans do it differently, but European churches generally don't have restrooms available. Plus, it would be a huge faux pas to walk out in the middle of the ceremony.

• Like 1