LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dead Rats And Coffee

well i reall ycan't go into details, i've been informed scat and all things related are illegal in the usa and not allowed on this site! :P

Come on, there must be room for some public service, even concerning a very restricted topic. Afterall some information is too good to keep away from the general population - You know, if someone already knows, other wouldn't need to do field tests to find out again :D or what? :)

Day 4. Rat smell is gone. Strobe light seems to be working and my room still smells pleasantly of coffee, haven't had to replace the first cup of beans yet.

I'm with Fluff and Fett and Sarah. The smell of coffee is delicious but it tastes like a cross between cigarette smoke and strong pee. :P (No lies, I was giving wifey oral and she squirted a bit on purpose, I usually don't mind but one time it was like "eew, coffee")

I think a good reason for my aversion is because my mother drinks a lot of coffee and smokes, always has. I think I associated the coffee with the smoke.

I also like waking up and not needing caffeine. Mebbe I'm weird.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the smell of coffee to the taste?

I like coffee, i just like smelling it more.

I think it's a matter of how it's prepared. A well-brewed pot of coffee will taste as good as it smells.

The smell of ground coffee in small doses is ok, but walking into a bookstore with a coffee counter is overpowering and nauseating.

Eh. I think you're smelling the books. I've been in a few bookstores with coffee counters and the smell of the coffee never quite cuts through the book smell.

I'm with Fluff and Fett and Sarah. The smell of coffee is delicious but it tastes like a cross between cigarette smoke and strong pee. :P (No lies, I was giving wifey oral and she squirted a bit on purpose, I usually don't mind but one time it was like "eew, coffee")

I think a good reason for my aversion is because my mother drinks a lot of coffee and smokes, always has. I think I associated the coffee with the smoke.

I also like waking up and not needing caffeine. Mebbe I'm weird.

Someone's been serving y'all bad coffee... You really should brew it yourself and figure out your own mixture preferences. I like mine to have a similar look and consistency as crude oil, often with a bit more sugar than can be held in solution (though, if I don't have any sugar, I'll drink it as-is). My mom prefers that hers is watered-down enough to be mistaken for tea. Some people like theirs with milk, or even stuff like jelly mixed in. It's one of those highly customizable things. Also, temperature plays a big part in coffee taste. Hot or warm coffee tastes great. But once it reaches room temperature, it starts tasting horrible. And typically, re-warming it won't help. You have to pour it out and get a fresh cup. Also, be mindful of expired coffee... Some people forget that coffee can and will go bad after a while, just like any other foodstuff. I found that out the hard way...

Coffee and books are two of my favorite smells in the world. I don't like any of the commonly available coffees, though, I prefer to brew my own. At the risk of sounding like an infomercial, I'd recommend the Aeropress by Aerobie for any coffee drinkers out there. $25 plastic coffee maker makes the best coffee I've ever had.

As for coffee grounds absorbing odors, a friend of mine is an emergency nurse, and he tells me they leave a packet of coffee grounds in the rooms of their smelliest patients, including unwashed drunks and GI bleeds. Works wonders.

Eh. I think you're smelling the books. I've been in a few bookstores with coffee counters and the smell of the coffee never quite cuts through the book smell

Thanks, but given a choice, I will always pick a book store that doesn't have a Starbaucks (or whatever brand) over one that does <_<

We had a mouse problem in the apt we lived in in HI. Used glue traps. Never knew mice could scream before that! I'd put a latex surgical glove on, remove them by the tail, put them in a jar with air holes in the roof. Next morning we'd take them to a local forrest and set them free. I thought that was humane, if a bit painful, since they'd lose their belly hair when I'd pull them off the trap!

The hard part is that sometimes we'd get a gecko caught. Hard to remove them without causing damage - their bodies are so soft. You can't pull them up by the tail like you can with a mouse.

We had a mouse problem in the apt we lived in in HI. Used glue traps. Never knew mice could scream before that! I'd put a latex surgical glove on, remove them by the tail, put them in a jar with air holes in the roof. Next morning we'd take them to a local forrest and set them free. I thought that was humane, if a bit painful, since they'd lose their belly hair when I'd pull them off the trap!

The hard part is that sometimes we'd get a gecko caught. Hard to remove them without causing damage - their bodies are so soft. You can't pull them up by the tail like you can with a mouse.

This is the reason I used snap traps when I was working professionally as an exterminator, quick and essentially painless. Glue boards are horrible, and I just didn't like the idea of making something suffer. They are fine for other things like bugs and roaches etc....rodents, no. Snap trap = quick and humane kill.

I had people ask me if they could trap them (rats and mice) in a live trap and then return them to a field somewhere. It is their choice, but if they release them close by, the rodents will be right back into the house...they know where they have been and follow scent trails to get back 'Home" so I usually didn't advise the practice. Only if you plan on going far enough away from your residence or other neighborhood. But then you have to think that the rodent would be out of it's environment and would subsequently fall prey to a predator and be eaten....food for thought ....so to speak :P

The only one who really looses is the rodent.

qwack

to those who are talking about the nastiness of coffee, coffee can be a great experience if you get great, local, properly roasted beans! Nothing *french*, which essentially means burnt, tasting the process not the bean, medium roast is great, fair trade and organic generally means the roaster has the money to get certified by those organizations (which are just large corporations themselves) and often times won't put proper care into the beans. never freeze, learn about the farm before you buy the coffee, any shop worth its weight will tell you everything you need to know, all the best shops roast in house. Espresso as well can be a really amazing if you have good beans, a great shot from an experienced barista, every shot is unique and its like a world of different notes and flavors, I love it! Some folks just don't like bitters, and unfortunately many younger people are forced to goto places where they assume sugary-sweet is what everyones looking for.

I've worked in some of the most pretentious indie coffee shops in northern california, coffee is coffee to a certain extent, but if your not enjoying it and want to, check out some of the little local spots.