LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting A Bad Rap From Psychiatrists ?

Good Topic T.S. :thumbsup:

I came into this thread a little late so hopefully you get to my response. Anyway yeah I have experienced both extremes of the spectrum when it comes to therapists and my infantilism. I haven't seen an offical Psycholigists and I don't know why the hell you would take what a Psychiatrist thinks of you seriously because they just basically diagnose and prescribe drugs for mental illness. But anyway my first two Sex Therapists I seen about my infantilism condemned me for it, labeled me a sex addict and suggested I go to Sex Addicts Anonymous for my infantilism. I got a so-so therapist after that and she really helped me for a short duration and eventually pointed me in the right direction. Which led me to the Therapist I see every so often now. She is a kink-friendly Therapist and actually encourages the practice of the fetish. My current therapist says that as long as we aren't letting our desires rule our lives, this includes shameing our selves for our desires, and we aren't forcing it upon other people we are totally cool.

So like others have said its really 50/50. You just have to shop around till you know for sure what you want to persue with your desires/fetish. Because I think that's where a lot of us who want to learn more about the nature of our desires/fetishes go wrong. We go into these sessions with these "professionals" expecting them to either cure us or give us all the answers. When it really doesn't work that way. When we go into these therapy sessions with that mind set its really a crap-shoot on what you are going to get from the Therapist because you are giving them the control to dictate what you should do. I suggest you think long and hard about what you want to do with your desires/fetshes and what you want to do with/about them before seeing anybody, that why you are in control of the sessions and can really get the most out of them by not only finding the specific type of therapist you want to work with but once you find them you can jump right in and really start breaking ground on the mysteries of your desires/fetishes. That's my experience anyway.

besides the whole point of therapy is for the therapist to act as a guide for you to find your own self awareness and for you to draw your own conclusions... with the exception of extreme behaviors where a therapist steps in, their job is to help the client realize their behaviors either are or are not healthy for that individual person in their own unique individual experience... any therapist who tells a person how or what to do is not doing their job. A therapist can suggest alternative behaviors and can teach copin mechanisms and hope the client utilizes those mechanisms, but in the end is just a guide, sorta like on star, someone you call upon when you get stuck but like mapquest, which will send you ther wrong way down a one way street, a therapist should not be solely depended upon to 'get you there'

My psychiatrist diagnosed my infantilism, and seemed to have a very professional and clinical understanding. She knew I was incontinent and have worn diapers since I was 12. Her explanation of infantilism and how it would affect me was right on the mark and she referred me to a psychologist I saw weekly for three years, and now see monthly. My psychologist was very supportive of my move into the AB world as a "coping mechanism." Both helped my wife understand what was going on and helped us recognize we already had the foundation to build a positive outcome to this new wrinkle in our lives. We are friends with a psychiatrist on the east coast who advised her to go on the websites and learn everything she could about the AB lifestyle. It did take work to get where we are today, and it wasn't easy, but we are both comfortable with my two personalities and secure in our relationship. The AB lifestyle can be a very selfish indulgence, even in infantilism so I've learned to put my wife and her needs first always. She knows that, and knows what a sacrifice that is at times and we are both happier.

Both helped my wife understand what was going on and helped us recognize we already had the foundation to build a positive outcome to this new wrinkle in our lives.

i totally read this as this new crinkle in our lives lol... i was like.. spot on!

my shrinks were actually pretty spot on most of the time. The diapers are only a small part of a byproduct of an abusive upbringing. I am a little. I revert back to a younger state of mind at times to help me deal with the everyday adult stresses. I was diagnosed with alot of craziness but when it came down to discussions I had with them about the diapers etc. they were very understanding and helped me really explore the whats and whys. Givin I was only 11 through 15 at the time.