LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If You Went To College, What Degree Would You Get?

I have an A.A.S. in Electrical Engineering....would like to get my Masters in the same field.

Um, don't you need a BS in EE before you can get your MS in EE? So have you found a job? As far as I have seen you need at least a BS unless you just plan on being a technician, which would bore me to death, I'm a problem solver, so R&D is where it is at for me.

My Bachelor's is in applied mathematics (Operations Analysis). I was granted the equilivence of a second Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and hold an ABET accredited Master's in Electrical Engineering.

If I went for a Phd it would be in something much easier, like Computer Science. Actually, a Phd in EE is way too limiting. A second Master's would be either an MBA or an MS in defense studies, but only if that one was from the "right" school.

"Knowledge is Good" - Animal House.

Well as Darkfinn stated I did get a degree, little good it did and is doing. I started in Architecture only to see that I would go crazy having to working within a small set of restrictions. I finished my degree in Art, Ceramics to be specific, With a minor American Sign language and Culture. Before i hear one thing from those of you that want to say one thing about Fluff degrees I want to point out that an art student if serious works harder then all but the tuffest engineering student.

Not only do you have to have the grades everywhere else (deans list here) you have to put in 4 times the work of any normal math, history,chem, or bio lab per class (average class requires 12-18hours per week per class). Not to mention the fact that you have to be able to handle the stress of every professor personally tearing apart every project and telling you about every fault. I was told by every teacher that if someone was not crying in a crit it was not over, if someone was not scared it was not of use.

Do not be hard on DF really he was there more then 2 years, I think it was 3, but his degree in Meteorology went from being 4 years to 7 as students of every engendering degree other then his had a chance to take needed classes, he was only 4 classes away, but they would not let him in the required classes, and he was top in the program. In some cases the degree can be more trouble then it is worth, instead he running a West coast office for a multi million dollar Wifi Supplier. I would not say that he is doing bad.

Me I am looking into finding a school to finish the second half of my degree and become far more in debt, I will finish off with Art Therapy.

You have to pick a degree that earns income, too many college kids pick stupid crap to major in, i.e. English Major or Czechoslovakian History Major. you have to do something that actually pays, otherwise yes college will be a waste of time. Unfortunately I chose mine during an economic downturn and thus in a bit of a pickle.

I earned a BA in history abd attended graduate school for 6 months before realizing how tired I was of school. Also did not like the approach of my grad school. It helped get me a job one time in a nonrelated field just because of having a degree. In talking to friends who are teachers, I am glad I did not go into that. But that is another topic...

colllege is NEVER a waste of time, to say education is a waste of time is a horrible thing!!!

sure you may not make money, but having knowledge is never bad... or a waste

I just got my B.S. in Finance and if you think a college degree is worthless then you are terribly misguided. You will reach a certain point where you need a degree for growth in most professions. I am also taking my CFA Level I exam this Saturday so wish me luck!

The secondary school I attended cocked up my college choices and by the time I'd found out it was too late - I'd originally chosen the subjects I really enjoyed; I.T., Physics and Geography (and a few other things), but they left me with Drama, Physical Ed. and Religious Ed.

Given that my family couldn't afford to do anything about it, and my not wanting to becoming a buff dancing preacher I decided to skip the debts and go to the University of Life - been in the same job for the last decade, I'm good at what I do and it's enjoyable. Yes, I got lucky.

Sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I'd have took the higher education route. I'd imagined eventually being a Geologist travelling around and studying volcanoes, earthquakes etc., get to see some awesome sights.

Anyways, I've always been interested in aircraft and just flying as a passenger in a friend's microlight gives me an amazing buzz, so to have a pilot's licence would allow me to take to the skies and fulfil some dreams (like flying friends and family round New Zealand springs to mind).. whatever courses that requires would be what I'd go for.

I'm still of the position there is nothing I could honestly, hand on heart say there was anything I could focus several years of my life and several more years of my finances on in terms of education.

Without higher education I've achieved quite alot I think, but all power to anyone who feels college, university etc is right for them.

If you had to push me though, I'd probably opt for something along an environmental route.

Current, interesting and big monies at the end given the world at the mo.

I have a Bachelor of Theology (B.Th), Bachelor of Management (B.Man) and am currently working on both my Master of Business Administration and a PhD track Master of Theology.

and you are 18??!!!

There isn't a strong correlation between academia and earnings. Major in what you enjoy studying. Do the sort of work that you enjoy and the money will come. Obviously if you hate your work, it will limit your earnings.

Not that I'm one of the supporters, but there are those that propose that Emotional Intelligence is more of a factor in earnings than Academic Intelligence. This at least explains all the people without college or with a major that doesn't immediately lead to a professional job who make impressive salaries. It also explains those with multiple advanced degrees that aren't rolling in the dough.

Sure, we all need money to buy diapers, but money isn't the only measure of success or happiness.

I think I'd want a magical degree combination of Physics, Neuroscience and Philosophy. But I prefer to study things on my own and since I don't need a job/career then a college would be a waste of time and money for me. I've kinda always been more of the buccaneer-scholar type. College works for some, can help with getting a job, but for me it's expensive and I enjoy the challenge of learning on my own. Plus, my mental handicaps don't get in the way when I study on my own :lol:.

Guest NaughtyAshes

I have several degrees. I wish I had more practical ones. As for the nature of college degrees in general, for some they are useful, for others, not.

Employment is more about who you know than what pieces of paper you have. This is why some colleges are more expensive than others. You're applying to a social club more than a vocation.

To answer OP: Yes, I have them, but not going to disclose what. :) I'll just note that I have also observed many STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) people in the AB/DL community. Of course, impossible to know if it's just correlating people who are heavy internet users, although it is more interesting to think about the personality types involved. Geeks are used to being on the fringe already -- being kinky as well isn't too big a leap.