LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depend Underwear With Styles

I just can't imagine anyone actually incontinent buying this product! You get, what, 3 pairs of disposable underwear that have boxer style prints? Is anyone who would need them on a daily basis really going to pay that much for 3 products that could be only one days worth of protection? They are probably more for an occasional diaper wearer who may want to wear them to the office for fun but if he bends over and they show, his co-workers will just think they are boxer shorts! Who is anyone kidding! You ever see boxer shorts that thick and puffy? Besides, who's going to actually see your underwear except you, your wife or spouse or perhaps the guys in the locker room? What's the need of having diapers that look like boxer shorts unless you are going to parade around in front of everyone wearing them!

I saw these at the local Walmart that I work for and they have six in one pack. I would buy them just to pretend that they were goodnites and pretend that I was 13 or so. But wither way these are basically for the people that do not want to be seen wearing diapers. Either way I think that I might get myself some.

Could be useful for people with only like stress induced incontinence or if they only leak, where you would only need one a day. And then not be afraid of someone seeing them even if it is very unlikely for people that need them I am sure they feel very self-conscience about them and so knowing for themselves that even if they peek out no one would be the wiser. And for females even if someone saw the waistband and noticed the padding the pullups are thin enough to look like a big maxi pad. For men it is pretty unlikely that anyone would be able to see the padding with our clothes being mostly of the relaxed/baggy style. Even wearing dress slacks I am betting they wouldn't be noticeable, except for maybe for someone like us who was checking to see. But I am betting that depends has done the market research and people want something that they can feel confident that it looks like normal underwear.

This new Depend Underwear is an example of diaper-makers sacrificing quality and quantity in order to eliminate the diaper word association.

When you look at protective undergarments for kids like GoodNites, you can see that they have custom absorbency zones for boys and girls. With these, there's no absorbency core at all -- despite what they say on their site. The only difference between the men and women styles are the designs and even the designs are just lame.

With Men styles, Depend claims they have with an ABSORB-LOC core and worry-free odor control, but there is odor when you wet and it doesn't hold much. Well, I guess you can wet a little over time, but don't think about wetting in full (i.e. flooding). You will pay the price if you do.

It helps if you pay attention to their absorbency guides, too. The underwear isn't rated as high as their Maximum Protection diapers. And given how many people diss those, I find it odd that so many people would be surprised by the lack of absorbency in a product rated by the company to be one or 2 steps below the one that gets riffed on so much.

It's part of the "they aren't really diapers" marketing ploy.

On target- it's a Bullseye! :thumbsup:

Depends are all marketing ploy- and they have been for a long time :rolleyes: They aren't the cheapest. They aren't the best. They offer nothing that can't be better had in something else. They offer no combination of things that makes them worthwhile compared to other products. They are all image without substance, and in the long run that doesn't work :P

I think they know this. I think the changes were brought on in hope that people would once again fall for the hype of "New and Improved" actually being that- and they probably will :whistling: The only thing Depends has to offer is marketing- they are widely available- but other products are becoming or have become widely available too, so that 'edge' is disappearing.

Here in the south the ultimate term of derision of something is "piss poor"- and Depends fits that terminology perfectly :roflmao:

Bettypooh

Depends are all marketing ploy- and they have been for a long time :rolleyes: They aren't the cheapest. They aren't the best. They offer nothing that can't be better had in something else.

They offer convenience, which is why I used to buy them...

It truly is all they have though.

-Sophie

On target- it's a Bullseye! :thumbsup:

Depends are all marketing ploy- and they have been for a long time :rolleyes: They aren't the cheapest. They aren't the best. They offer nothing that can't be better had in something else. They offer no combination of things that makes them worthwhile compared to other products. They are all image without substance, and in the long run that doesn't work :P

I think they know this. I think the changes were brought on in hope that people would once again fall for the hype of "New and Improved" actually being that- and they probably will :whistling: The only thing Depends has to offer is marketing- they are widely available- but other products are becoming or have become widely available too, so that 'edge' is disappearing.

Here in the south the ultimate term of derision of something is "piss poor"- and Depends fits that terminology perfectly :roflmao:

Bettypooh

Actually, the whole "they still have the plastic backing" thing is more of an edge, now, as the Walgreens and whatever off-brand Wal-Mart carries switched over to the cloth-backed style years ago. So, for the "what I can just walk into most any Wal-Mart or Walgreens and buy off the shelf" angle, they are the best quality.

Guest MommyGweniebear

I love them, I am wearing one as we speak. They come six to a pack and are around 5 bucks. Yeah real expensive there folks... :rolleyes: They are nice and comfortable for me and my little one, and yes I am a diaper wearing Mommy and proud of it. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I was toying with the idea of trying them until I saw the aborsbency rating on them. I'm like nevermind as I only wear super absorbent pull ups (Depends underwear) not extra absorbent. They're too expensive for what you get in the pack. I think I saw them being clearance at Target so clearly they went over like a lead balloon. I suffer from stress incontinence and when I had a cold a few months I had no choice in wearing them unless I wanted to go around in wet underwear or wet clothes at school from coughing. I like the new women's design with pink at the top of the underpants.

Just another attempt by a manufaturer to try and make their products "more discreet" and accepted. I just don't understand why someone will pay that much for somthing that will be used once, thrown away and that others won't normally see anyway, unless you plan on changing in front of people in the locker room! If that's the case, you can't tell me that whoever sees you will be fooled by the boxer stripes on your disposable underwear! People would be better off getting the regular pull on disposable underwear or disposable diapers and wearing a pair of cotton boxer shorts over them if they want to try and hide them a little.

think maybe there are looking for way to increase there sales, or may give us that wear for real a better type of pull up

soory they are pull ups not diapers so no they do not hold as much as a ngiht diapers but for me they seem to last about twice as long as a reg pull up the one i have are more like tightie whites then boxers

My girlfriend really likes these and they do seem a bit absorbent than most other store pull-ups. With that said she also has a tiny bladder so diapers for her don't need to be very absorbent and she can get away wearing store brand diapers that wouldn't work for most of us. But, at over $1/brief, they are nearing the same price as premium diapers which are much better.