LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Martial Arts

are you really telling me you'd put your own life at risk by making that kind of move instead of applying what that person is instructing you to do? A good techer will also tell you, its better to give your money or whatever to that person instead of fighting your way out of it.

Yes Sookie, I would, firstly because it would prevent them from doing the same thing to anyone else and secondly because I refuse to have my life controlled by circumstance.

Whether someone has a weapon or not will only affect how I stop them.

P.S.E.

I also know gun-fu, I own a 38. revolver.

I started training in SCARS when I was 7, learned cooking at 6, and basic computer programming at 6, I was also rated as having a college grade reading level at the time.

Also Yvhuce, watching Chuck Norris movies does not count. Although it does open the floor to thousands of Chuck Norris jokes. Of course Chuck Norris doesn't tell jokes he just dares people not to laugh.

Not in any official capacity, but I've seen 99% of Chuck Norris's movies and beat up a green belt in gradeschool. Does that count?

I went to grade school with Chuck Norris' kids, Mike and Eric. We used to car pool with them also, since they lived just down the street from us *shrug*

I guess that makes me super non dangerous :P

qwack

I went to grade school with Chuck Norris' kids, Mike and Eric. We used to car pool with them also, since they lived just down the street from us *shrug*

yeah sure lol..

yeah sure lol..

You have reason to doubt the great duck????

Google is your friend...Time frames match up. As do demographics :thumbsup:

Chuck has 5 children.

• Michael Ray Norris: Born in 1963. Actor, director, writer, producer, composer. Mike has three children. His mother is Dianne Holechek.
  • Eric Scott Norris: Born May 20, 1965 in Redondo Beach, California. Director, actor, stunt coordinator, professional Nascar driver. His mother is Dianne Holechek. Eric has three children with his wife Stephanie A. Norris. They live in Dana Point, California.
  • Dakota Alan Norris: Born August 30, 2001, one month premature. His mother is Gena O'Kelly.
  • Danilee Kelly Norris: Born August 30, 2001, one month premature. Her mother is Gena O'Kelly.

Dianna DeCioli aka Dina: Born in 1964. She met Chuck for the first time in 1991.

Anyhoo, I personally trained in Yudansha Jujitsu back in the early to mid 90's. Now named the Yudansha Fighting system. This was back when The Gracies dominated the sport. The name Royce Gracie was feared among all martial artist. He and his family started what is now the norm on the UFC. Mixed martial arts didn't exist in the form that his family developed. And that was realized when the other forms of Martial arts faced him in the UFC.

Through the years MMA became the name it is and most forms of Martial arts have incorporated the Grappling and cross arts that is required now to be successful in the Octagon. If you want to see the origins of a little guy knocking out or defeating a guy 3 times his size, do your self a favor and rent the UFC series from the beginning from about 1 till about 5 in the series. Back then you had to fight all day sometimes two days to win the competition, not like today with 3-5 minute rounds. That was what it was all about. To win a match like that with a broken arm or leg was common place and Gracie proved that several times.

After that many had started the cross training and development of ground skills needed to compete. Granted anyone can get that one hit wonder and the show is over, but true MMA is to me the highest form of any of the arts. Yudansha incorporated a avast array of techniques from a good 10 forms of martial arts and was highly based on the Gracie Jujitsu style of fighting. Back then a yellow belt in our style (Three years or so in training) could more often than not, easily defeat a karate or similar style within a minute or so on the mat.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting the man who brought Yudansha to the USA (Mike Veros) and studying under one of the few black belts in he trained. To watch him kick the heck out of my Sensei during his second dan belt test. It was not a pretty 2 hours with 3 black belts tagging in on my Sensie at any given point. something I will never forget. My Sensie was also my supervisor at work, I do believe he was limping for a week or so after that one. He looked like he got hit by a bus, but he got his belt. :thumbsup:

I started training in SCARS when I was 7, learned cooking at 6, and basic computer programming at 6, I was also rated as having a college grade reading level at the time.

It sounds like you are just an all around awesome person.

How big is your dick by the way? Gotta be at least nine inches with a resume like that! I'm sure you were just being humble when you left that detail out.

It sounds like you are just an all around awesome person.

How big is your dick by the way? Gotta be at least nine inches with a resume like that! I'm sure you were just being humble when you left that detail out.

Humility is taught in martial arts.

I bet it was 9 inches back when he was 7 years old. Imagine how big it is now.

You asked to be topped and I only stated the facts.

Yet, in spite of all of that, it seems that you failed to ever develop even the most rudimentary sense of humor. <_<

Humility is taught in martial arts.

Yeah, I would really like to go back in all honesty. The only reason I dropped out was on account of my older sister(aka:my ride) got tired of taking me. Then, once I got my own car, I was just too much of a mess to even think about such a thing. Once I start generating more income instead of being a poor student living off mommy's money I'll do what I can to get involved again.

The good news is that yoga doesn't cost a thing if you make the right friends.

DANG!!! Most these people are trained to kill....or at the very least disable and or break something if attacked! .....and people here are still afraid to meet up and have lunch or something at a gathering??? :o If any of these highly trained people is around you can feel VERY safe, they can pretty much kick anyones butt anytime anywhere...WOW.

I am impressed :thumbsup:

I have considered taking up a martial art in my 'advanced age' but the one I want to study doesn't have many classes available. I am interested in Akido, it's is an interesting philosophy and technique of deflecting energy and using it against your opponent, I was exposed to it back in College during movement and some stage combat classes, teaching us how to fall, and land and roll with out getting hurt. It seems no one teaches that around where I am...or maybe I have to look a bit harder. Mostly it would be to build confidence and discipline, and be able to defend myself if need be :P

Interesting thread.....congrats to all those who trained and are still in the process...you are to be commended :D

qwack

Someday we may be calling you 'Pee King Duck'

Where i took tae kwon do im actually allowed to just go there for free whenever i like now. As a black belt i've already learned everything theyre teaching, and i dont go on a "class by class" basis (just when the mood strikes me), so they give me free use of the facilities when i show up, as long as im not in the way, though they usually use me for their demos or when a kid gets a bit too "big headed" they have me spar them. the age range of the classes IS open ended, but its mainly elementary school to middle school level(besides other returning/still staying black belts), so having them spar me is a bit of a death sentence. I guess its not "free" but i dont have to go unless i want to and i dont pay anything, though if im there i have to help out.

Ever plan on getting confirmation or further degrees?

The way that my instructor explained it to me was that a black belt is the 'high school diploma' of martial arts training.

I see some intense bragging around here. Two can play at that game.

I learned all my martial arts from the freakin' TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES.

TMNT_bkgrnd.jpg

And they are all gay. True story.

Well for me, martial arts started out as getting exercise. I was bullied a lot when I was younger and I was out of shape -- so I could kill two birds with one stone by getting into Tae Kwon Do. I didn't let it get to my head (unless I was drunk or stoned, which is when I bragged about it with lots of hyperbole) because my instructors told me -- and they were very clear about this -- that martial arts is the empowerment of the mind and spirit, not of the body. Martial arts is meant to create a greater understand of the world around you and it helps you trust yourself. To say shit like, "I started training in SCARS when I was 7" spits in the face of an art that we hold so close to our heart and soul.

"I started training in SCARS when I was 7" spits in the face of an art that we hold so close to our heart and soul.

Why does everyone assume this is nonsense.

Cooking at 6 and Martial arts at 7 is a family tradition, everyone in my family learned at that point.

I learned programming so young because my I wandered into my fathers study while he was programming and he showed me how the algorithms worked so that I could play with them because there were not many games for computers then and as I was home schooled there was nothing else to do all day.

I did not say these things to brag, but Walla Walla asked to be topped and I wanted to show that his early experience was not as unique as he wished to believe.

I did not say these things to brag, but Walla Walla asked to be topped and I wanted to show that his early experience was not as unique as he wished to believe.

It was a JOKE when I said that. I'm well aware that there are people who have trained in martial arts from the time they are three years old. 14 is not anything like young when it comes to getting involved in almost any hobby, especially not martial arts.

I was actually trying to provide a humorous contrast to all of the posts in this thread. It seems like everybody on the internet is a master of some long-forgotten martial art. Well, not me, and not most of the people who have ever practiced. Six months worth of TKD is nothing and I'm well aware of that. I honestly don't consider anything before black belt even remotely meaningful, and even that is just the start. At least, that's what I was told.

And take it easy little lady! There were a load of computer games when you were 7 years old! A lot of people even refer to it as the golden era of computer gaming even.

But, I digress. This conversation is getting ridiculous. I hope that you get some H.U.M.O.R. training one day and get that bee out of your bonnet.

Though, really, your martial arts wouldn't save any of you from someone with a gun and a steady hand. Or, as proven on Mythbusters, even a bow and arrow.

Ummmm....watch the show again! While certainly not your average bought black belt rank, it's more than possible.

more in depth version

This guy does it blindfolded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLj8eK814o0&NR=1

As far as a gun, I would hate to be the guy holding the grip if you pulled it too close to some of the people I have seen in action. And if your out of reach, certainly possible to avoid being shot. Plausible yes, possible? Ask the Marines in Iraq! It all ain't just in the movies dude! :thumbsup:

The problem is if someone is trained on a gun, you will not get close enough to grab it. Hollywood movies do not make for reality. Actual gun owners who aren't gang bangers don't hold the gun three feet from their body, nor do they wait for you to get close to shoot. You don't pull a gun unless willing to fire so if you begin to approach, you are going to the ground full of lead.

if someone points a gun at you, you run in a zig zag formation, and keep doing it until your away. That is the best chance of getting out of that situation i think.

If they've got a rifle with a scope, you'll probly never know you're being targeted until they fire. If they're a good shot, you may not live long enough to register that there ever was a first shot. People regularly shoot animals and moving targets capable of traveling many times faster than a human. Archery is a bit harder to hit a moving target with, but the shots are practically silent. Most of the people who've ever been shot by an arrow never knew it was coming until it was sticking out of them.