LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Martial Arts

When I got here I was talking about my hobbies and some one asked me which martial arts I studied. As I did not find any other place to post this I decided to start this topic.

I have studied SCARS and basic Karate, I am learning Jujitsu and after that I intend to learn Hwa-Rang-Do which is basically Korean Ninjutsu.

Do any of you study martial arts? and if so what kind?

Wow more then I expected. I've considered learning Krav Maga, pretty heavy stuff.

Martial arts for me is not just a study though, it's a way of life.

I have and will continue to practice all that I learn every day.

I will be as strong as Goku :D

I've studied Shaolin Chang Chuan and Tia Chi Chuan. My son studied Aikido in Hawaii and Hapkido when we were in Korea.

Guest dragonmaster4066

i'm a third degree black belt in san sai ryu karate and studied koto ryu ninjitsu from a guy that was in the marines recon over in okanawa japan. i studied martial arts from age 9 till i was in my accident at age 32. i have extensive weapons training also. :ninja::boxing:

I've studied many forms of martial arts, but my favorites would have to be ti chi, and kick boxing. I'm really good with nunchucks and a bo, but lately my thing has been balisongs (butterfly knives), and throwing knives.

Wow, We should have a tournament.

No time limit.

You lose if you fall out of the ring.

Are unconscious or unable to continue fighting for more then 30 seconds.

Or you give up.

No weapons

No killing.

No other rules.

It makes me laugh when people say they are such and such belt, The belt don't mean anything in my opinion, what matters is how much you pay attention to the instructor and if the instructor him/her self is actully any good.

DANG!!! Most these people are trained to kill....or at the very least disable and or break something if attacked! .....and people here are still afraid to meet up and have lunch or something at a gathering??? :o If any of these highly trained people is around you can feel VERY safe, they can pretty much kick anyones butt anytime anywhere...WOW.

I am impressed :thumbsup:

I have considered taking up a martial art in my 'advanced age' but the one I want to study doesn't have many classes available. I am interested in Akido, it's is an interesting philosophy and technique of deflecting energy and using it against your opponent, I was exposed to it back in College during movement and some stage combat classes, teaching us how to fall, and land and roll with out getting hurt. It seems no one teaches that around where I am...or maybe I have to look a bit harder. Mostly it would be to build confidence and discipline, and be able to defend myself if need be :P

Interesting thread.....congrats to all those who trained and are still in the process...you are to be commended :D

qwack

DANG!!! Most these people are trained to kill

I train to NOT fight.

disable and or break something if attacked!

If I had to. Never needed it. Thought I might once. Not fun even thinking about it.

Let's not forget Heidi Lynn. She studied TaeKwonDo.

I don't have a black belt though I did study for over a year under a US Champion and learned something about a lot of things including fighting :angel_not: I also learned a few things from friends with Black Belts in Tae Kwon Do, Hap Ki Do, Kung Fu, and Jiu-Jutsu :boxing: I also had some personal instruction from the late Billy Hong who had a well-balanced outlook on the use of traditional forms versus what happens in the streets :rolleyes: Sort of what Jeet Kun Do is all about :thumbsup: Please forgive any misspellings; it has been quite a long time since I delved into this.

What I learned most of all is to avoid the need to fight anytime you can B) but when you must fight, do so with the aim of making your opponent wish to never fight anyone ever again :angry2: Only then have you truly succeeded at changing them, which is essentially what fighting is really all about. Tournaments are a whole different ball of wax- there you have limitations which the real world does not; and there the goal is different.

As I continue to get older my back will not sustain any decent workout anymore :( I now prefer a different form of martial arts, and a quite deadly one: Gun-Fu :roflmao: Just a quick double-tap and it's all over except their funeral :P I hope I never have to fight again- that way or any way- though I will if I must, and I will win permanantly. There is no other way :ninja:

Bettypooh

Guest Kazzy

WHOOT

Martial Art people!?!

Haha this makes me happy

I've been practicing Kenpo for about 10 years

I've been learning Jeet Kune Do and Wing Chun for about 5 months

I agree with this whole post whole heartedly :thumbsup: if you have to fight, either to defend or protect yourself, or in self defense *fear for your life* you might as well do as much damage to your opponent as possible to make them think twice before taking on someone else or starting something.

I'm not very familiar with the practice of 'gun-foo' but it sounds interesting. I do own a colt .45 I need to build a better relationship with, but thats down the road a bit, not 'quite' ready for that.

I'm not getting any younger either, but I figure I could use a good work out that will teach me a few things to help protect me if needed. Its just good exorcise too, which I am sure many of us could use. If I can't find a studio for Akido, I might just go with karate or some variation there of, for us "older folks" :P Something is better then nothing.

Guest Kazzy

I think of martial arts as an art of the human body. A way to express yourself through the movement of the body.

And sparring is a lot of fun too, more of a game than a challenge.

It makes me laugh when people dont realize you actually need to test for the belts and in order to achieve black belt you have to pass rigorous standards set, not by the specific school you study at, but by the globally recognized institutes. IE: you study at Bob's tae kwan do pizzaria, and he might not teach you much at all, but if you actually want to be recognized by the W.T.F./U.S.T.U., you still have to pass the same tests that they give right at the main section out in korea. After your black belt test they then send all of your information TO THE MAIN SOCIETY IN KOREA where they register you in their personal data banks after they assess you, they then mail you your black belt certificate. So yes, it DOES matter if you are "such and such belt" because it DOES mean something. Your opinion on the other hand, i dont care much for, considering how little you actually know on the matter. It makes me guess you either never finished your training, and try to validate it as such, or youve just never been trained in martial arts. If you actually have been trained and reached black belt, you wouldnt be saying "belt doesnt matter" because honestly, it does.

Did you not read my first post? lol..

Do not judge me just because I gave that opinion out I say again I was taught by my best mate's father for the best part of my childhood, and still practice, I may not be reconsied by some crappy data-bank but I assure you i'm well prepered.

And no just because your a black belt bla bla does not mean your ready to defend yourself, you could be equiped with state of the art shite etc but when your facing the twat infront of you for real all logic etc goes out the window and it goes back to basic street fighting, then anything goes.

LOL, thats right since I gave an opinion on somthing that differs from you I MUST be a troll cool, I didn't relise it was that easy to be one.

If you read my post again correctly I said i still train to this day. You also need to relise that being black belt doesn't mean anything, I know people that are and have had there asses kicked because they thought they were good enough. When I say Logic goes out the window, I'm talking about when your in a situation e.g. 9/10 most people are too scared to do anything. I know they teach you how to disarm someone with a gun or a knife, are you really telling me you'd put your own life at risk by making that kind of move instead of applying what that person is instructing you to do? A good techer will also tell you, its better to give your money or whatever to that person instead of fighting your way out of it.

I agree with this whole post whole heartedly :thumbsup: if you have to fight, either to defend or protect yourself, or in self defense *fear for your life* you might as well do as much damage to your opponent as possible to make them think twice before taking on someone else or starting something.

I'm not very familiar with the practice of 'gun-foo' but it sounds interesting. I do own a colt .45 I need to build a better relationship with, but thats down the road a bit, not 'quite' ready for that.

I'm not getting any younger either, but I figure I could use a good work out that will teach me a few things to help protect me if needed. Its just good exorcise too, which I am sure many of us could use. If I can't find a studio for Akido, I might just go with karate or some variation there of, for us "older folks" :P Something is better then nothing.

Colt 45 is a common and effective form of "Gun Fu" :angel_not::whistling::roflmao: This thread is about other forms, my apologies for taking it 'off topic' :rolleyes:

Bettypooh