LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does Disuse Atrophy Eventually Lead To Muscle Denervation?

Guest refridginator

i don't know exactly what you're asking, but you can always exircise that muscle no matter how long you go for without using it.

Most likely yes, but I'd imagine it would take a very long time. Unless you're an astronaut in space, in that case muscle atrophy is quite rapid and pronounced.

I had you pegged as a functionally illiterate alcoholic Dole-loving Estate-dwelling Chav George... Now you gettin' all academic on us? Color me surprised there mate!

After I've worn diapers for a day or so and then go back to regular underwear I tend to have a little leakage. Nothing serious but not something I'm used to either. It seems I get so comfortable letting the muscle relax that I have to consciously use it for a short time after wearing so I don't leak. Age could be a factor in my case as I am 56 years old. And there's the old adage, if you don't use it you lose it.

Look at people who are bedridden for years. They lose their ability to walk but with rehab they can often regain the necessary muscles and control to continue it again. Like people in a coma, the doctors do still work with them to help prevent the atrophy but either way you'll be to weak to walk if it's been a while scince you have. I wonder since those individuals have been catheterized or diapered say for several years if the have to retrain their bladder/bowels also. I'd imagine so. Probably like starting in infancy again.

There you go George. Lapse into a comma for a few years and when you come out you may we at an infantile stage with no bladder or bowel control!!! :P Okay, just teasin'.

I'm a lil confused as to why the op got -5 negtive rep in that 1 post? this its a perfectly valid question...

I'm not sure on the answer though.

To answer the above, it's because some people have a problem with George and can't leave it alone. Even thougth they don't like him they continue to seek out his posts, whatever they are, decide they don't like it, no matter what, often just because it's George posting, give him negative feedback and leave like some little weiny who can't show their face.

Those who do this, here's an idea. DON'T OPEN A POST THAT GEORGE HAS CREATED YA FLIPPIN' GENIEOUS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

http://www.neuropathologyweb.org/chapter13/chapter13bDenervation.html

Immobilization or disuse of muscle causes atrophy of type 2 fibers. Type 2 fiber atrophy is also seen with prolonged use of corticosteroids (steroid myopathy) and in polymyalgia rheumatica.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletal_muscle

Type IIa Red fibers. Fast oxidative (also called fast twitch A or fatigue resistant fibers). Contain:

* Large amounts of myoglobin.

* Many mitochondria.

* Many blood capillaries.

* High capacity for generating ATP by oxidation. Split ATP at a very rapid rate and, hence, high *contraction velocity

* Resistant to fatigue but not as much as slow oxidative fibers.

* Needed for sports such as middle distance running and swimming.

Type IIb White. Fast glycolytic (also called fast twitch B or fatigable fibers). Contain:

* Low myoglobin content.

* Few mitochondria.

* Few blood capillaries.

* Large amount of glycogen.

* Split ATP very quickly.

* Fatigue easily.

* Needed for sports like sprinting.

AFAIK, denervation will not occur with simple disuse. However, there is a high comorbidity between muscular atrophy and denervation on account of the the systemic effects of most diseases which cause muscular dystrophy. Actually, it usually works the other way around, first denervation then muscular atrophy. The link I provided describes the mechanisms quite adequately.

And shame on the manboons who voted Goerge down for asking this question.

• Like 1

Huh?

Great question, George !!

Kudos to WALLA WALLA !

Too bad so many here don't use their cerebral muscles. George could be right!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Walla walla is correct in her reply, but IMHO, has overcomplicated it. In simple terms, if you don't use a group of muscles etc, you will eventually lose contol of same.

The event scale from not using a group of muscles is

1- Lack of use ... 2- Loss of control ... 3 - Muscles atrophy.

Control can be regained if between #2 and #3, the muscle group are exercised.

However, in reference to the group, what Goerge is asking, and what group of muscles he is refering to 'will not using bladder/bowel muscles cause then to athrophy', the answer is yes, eventually, but incontinence will occur before the muscles athrophy.

• Like 1

Thank for the replays everyone,

I was thinking pacifically about anorectal sphincter mechanism atrophy. The muscle fibres degenerate faster from disuse it seems, with the urethral sphincters I seem to have some involuntary control exercising the muscles when I'm turning over in bed the movement contracts my urethra resulting in squeezing it a little bit, this preventing it from being in a totally relaxed state.

On the other hand it's fairly easy to maintain soft bowel movements without exercising the internal anal sphincter, basically letting the soft poo slip out like babykeiff has wrote on many occasions. I don't get any sphincter reflex when I poo so it stays in a totally relaxed state all the time. So I guess facial incontinence will manifest itself quicker. Maybe in a year?

You're not going to be able to prevent yourself from 'using' sphincters that are controlled involuntarily. The ani internus is controlled involuntarily, and the ani externus is in a state of semi-permanent contraction all of the time, only alleviated when you relax it to defecate.

How do you intend to make it so that your ani externus will no longer contract involuntarily?

How do you intend to make it so that your ani externus will no longer contract involuntarily?

Prolonged mineral oil use.

• Like 1

To answer the above, it's because some people have a problem with George and can't leave it alone. Even thougth they don't like him they continue to seek out his posts, whatever they are, decide they don't like it, no matter what, often just because it's George posting, give him negative feedback and leave like some little weiny who can't show their face.

Those who do this, here's an idea. DON'T OPEN A POST THAT GEORGE HAS CREATED YA FLIPPIN' GENIEOUS!!!!!!!!!

Good reply Drew12 but,thing is the one that gave him a -5 more then likely dont care that what he asked made sence.Thay just dont like him.If you ask me the last bunch of posts that George has made have made sence.

• Like 1