LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Polite Notice

What a rude sign. They should feel fortunate that people are throwing them in the "waste bins" and not trying to flush them down the toilet or just leaving them sitting there.

or in the parking lot! :badmood:

At least the dirty diapers are being put in trash cans and not left in a Wal-Mart parking lot like some of our members here have admitted to...

Or on the side of the road (squish, pop, spray :angry2:) or in a park near a picnic table, or any of the other places I've seen them dumped recently. It's gross :(

It seems a bit unreasonable to expect people to take smelly nappies (we're talking Blighty here :P) home with them. Presumably the facility where they're holding their play-group/whatever has rubbish collection. Why don't they just provide a box of nappy sacks in the loos? No smell, no issue.

yeah not sure why youd leave them out in teh open in a parking lot or whatever, but if they dont like them in the waste bins... id upper deck them if it was possiable.

Cheeky Monkeys, the company that has their name on the bottom of the sign, is a daycare / nursery. http://www.cheekymonkeysltd.co.uk/ They make their profit from children, and it is reasonable that in a toilet waste bin that toilet waste be placed. That includes wet / soiled diapers (nappies). What is this company now going to insist - that their toilets not be used? Is there a baby changing area provided, and if so, is there also a waste bin in that facility. In UK law, to my knowledge, it is the responsibility of every company who cater for children, to provide full toilet services - including baby changing areas and diaper disposal. That sign is public admission of denial of service.

• Like 2

"Please could you take home your soiled nappies and not dispose of them in the toilet waste bin"

Also, reading that sign verbatim take home your soiled nappies, it is asking the owner of the soiled nappies to take them home. The person that owns a soiled nappy IS also the person that wears it. A parent buys them for their infant / child, and therefore it is NOT the parents property, but the child's. I would answer that if my child can read that sign, s/he can act accordingly.

Is this sign directed at the incontinent person who can read?

• Like 2

Or on the side of the road (squish, pop, spray ) or in a park near a picnic table, or any of the other places I've seen them dumped recently. It's gross

[/quote

I left my car window down on a hot day while I ran into the bank for 5 minutes. When I came back, someone had thrown a dirty baby diaper onto the floor of my car. I hate it when someone tries to make their problem my problem

I left my car window down on a hot day while I ran into the bank for 5 minutes. When I came back, someone had thrown a dirty baby diaper onto the floor of my car. I hate it when someone tries to make their problem my problem

That's messed up. I've had some weird stuff left in the bed of my truck, but nothing like that.

If the janitorial crew only goes through and cleans maybe once or twice a day, a stockpile of soiled nappies would certainly create quite a stink I would imagine. Possibly making the restrooms unusable.

Exactly. Plus, depending on where you are, you may have to have a certain certification to deal with human waste. When I was doing work experience in highshool, to pad my schedule, I was working as a janitorial assistant during that class time. As such, I was not qualified to handle blood, vomit, or human waste. The actual janitors had to be called in to hand that. This included the occasional diapers in the girls' locker rooms, until it became against school policy to bring your kids to school. Also, some trash pickup services can refuse to accept diapers. My mom works for our family doctor, and the trash folks warned them about having diapers in the dumpster. Or, the janitorial crew could just get fed up with dealing with diapers in the trash and complain enough to get such a rule put into place. You have to remember that when you rid yourself of a diaper, you're really just handing it off to someone else, unless you do something like burn it in a trash pile.

While I understand the complexities of the human waste issue, it is the responsibility of the facility to provide basic services for the people that they serve. I know that this is only within reason, though the removal of waste from a restroom area is expected. If there is an issue with the person whom is cleaning in a restroom handling human waist they should not be cleaning restrooms, as that is what anything coming in contact with body fluids is called, so tissues, sanitary pads, tampons. All of these are found in the ladies room and all are more of a health threat then a used diaper. As for the smell I have always been a believer as someone that was on restroom duties that the janitorial service idea of 1 or 2 times a day is a min, any restroom should be cleaned as needed for medical reason.

The other option is for them to offer a Diaper reseptical of sorts to prevent smell, but you will not get a parent to take a soiled diaper with them.

Most mothers are going to be going many places before arriving home, and will not risk a smell imitating from the diaper bag.

Over all I think the sign is rude, short sighted, and lazy on the facilities part.