LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How To Be A Little Less Embarrassed When Buying Diapers

Haha, I'm never embarrassed. Sometimes I get the jitters--but it's an unconscious reaction. I was in a store a few weeks ago buying two packs of diapers and the check out girl wanted me to sign up for a customer loyalty card...haha so there I was, filling out a little paperwork while there were all these people behind me haha..

..really mang, they're just diapers. Let them assume whatever. Love yourself, and no one can bring you down!

I have never met with this issue. Only a very few store sell packs of adult nappies. I have bought pull-ups in Boots and felt no shyness whatsoever, mainly because this is a common problem [incontinence] and so I see many people buying the related products.

Funnily enough, I'm more embarrassed about buying my wipes and try to make sure I don't buy anything that says "baby" on the packet!

Guest gnappies

I have never met with this issue. Only a very few store sell packs of adult nappies. I have bought pull-ups in Boots and felt no shyness whatsoever, mainly because this is a common problem [incontinence] and so I see many people buying the related products.

Funnily enough, I'm more embarrassed about buying my wipes and try to make sure I don't buy anything that says "baby" on the packet!

If you wander round the factory where I work, you will find wet wipes under most benches, and their not particularly fussed as to brand. There useful to get grease or dirt quickly off your hands without making them slippery, and saves going across the factory to the toilets!

Also most if not all of our soldiers out in Afghanistan use them as well for similar reasons, and is one of the most asked for things from home or in gift boxes, apart from shampoo bottles filled with whiskey lol.

still don't get the embarassment thing, went to the grocery store today, for the first time since i first wore diapers, i bought some depends... i figure we will just double up and i'll wear a diaper cover until ours come in the mail... so bought depends, a new bottle, a new nipple for the bottle, some apple juice and some baby spoons.... there were two guys in front of me with beer and pizza on the conveyer belt, then there was me with all my stuff on the conveyer belt, then an other guy behind me with soda and pizza on the belt... i noticed there stuff, they may have noticed my stuff, but i mean it was just another normal trip to the grocery store.. I have no idea who those guys are, they have no idea who i am... i have no idea who the cashier is, although as its the local store i may or may not have her ringin up my transaction again....

there was no need for an 'excuse' as she didn't ask anything about my purchase the only thing we discussed was how she was commenting on it was dead in the store ten minutes ago and now she had a line of like 6 people.... by the time we finished that little conversation my purchase was complete, bags and the cart and i was ready to go.

so just remember, no one cares except you, so no one is going to notice unless you bring attention to your purchases!

And now, another exciting episode of "yeah, what sarah_ab said."

Yeah, what sarah_ab said.

I mean, I can relate to the feeling of embarrassment, but it really is totally unnecessary. I remember when I was new at this, I used to prepare myself before every trip to the drugstore, making up a backstory for myself as if I were an actor researching a role, so that I could convincingly play the part of "guy buying diapers for his elderly aunt". But the thing is, the character of "guy buying diapers for his elderly aunt" bears a remarkable similarity many other classic roles, such as "guy buying toothpaste", "guy buying lightbulbs", "guy buying frozen burritos", and "guy buying printer ink", and by the time you're out of the store it's not very likely that anyone, least of all the cashier, will remember which one of those characters you were playing.

In my whole life, I've only once seen someone buying diapers who I suspected was probably doing it for kinky reasons. It was a young couple, a few carts ahead of me in line at the drugstore (as I recall, I was "guy buying cold medicine" that night), and they had a package of old-style Attends, and she was being kind of flirtatious and teasingly amused with him, and he was blushing and not making a lot of eye contact. I don't know for sure that they were buying the diapers for her to put on him, but I definitely got that vibe, and it was entertaining to watch them for a few minutes. But you know, even with my prurient interest in nosing into their business, the fact is that by the time I'd gotten to the front of the line myself, I'd totally forgotten their faces. So really, don't worry about it--even if someone does notice what you're buying, it's not going to stick in their heads for longer than it takes to count their change and walk to the car.

oh and i should mention i spent like 5 minutes in the aisle deciding what to buy.. i did find it awfully convienent that in this store the adult diapers and the baby diapers were in the same aisle

• 2 weeks later...

in my country some supermarkets have automatic counters that is you put the produts in a weight and pay them to a machine and leave. you dont need to talk to anyone

Those @£$%^&* things are a right pain! It's probably down to whoever sets them up for the store doesn't do it properly.. Once one popped a dialog up asking to confirm my age for weed killer, yet 2 items before had let me scan a heavy duty saw and said nothing?

Oh I see, so a kid or teenager can rampage wielding a saw but they're not allowed to spray weed killer :screwy:

If they'd just set them up properly..

[/rant]

*walks away mumbling*

Here is a fun story about ordering diapers online:

I just recently ordered a 10 pack from ABU, and specified my business address as the delivery address, as I am staying with my parents for the next week while being in between apartments. I am self employed, and rent a single office unit in a small office building that has a common reception. Well, I just got back from lunch and as I am walking in, the receptionist, a cute dark haired young lady, lets me know she has some new phone books and asks me if I want one. I walked over to the counter and took one from her and said thanks. As I was turning to walk away I noticed my package from Fedex sitting on her desk. I turned and asked her if Fedex came, and she was like "oh, yeah, sorry, I forgot!" and handed me the box. I asked her if they needed a signature, and she said that she signed for it. I smiled, said thank you, and went back to my office. I was laughing inside knowing what she didn't know, that she had a box of ABDL diapers sitting on her desk! :lol:

Guest LOSTinDiapers

My biggest problem when I first started buying diapers in stores was controlling my hard-on. I would go back to the incontinence isle to look for diapers and pop a boner. Then I would try to walk it off so it wasn't noticeable when I got to the front. I was in a Walgreen's once and they announced over the intercom that a customer(me) needed assistance. I know that they saw me pacing in the isle. I'm also sure that I bought a back or two of diapers with flushed cheeks, sweat dripping down my forehead, and a boner. But, I never tried the card technique.

Now that I'm older, and I have worked through some of my problems(I accept my self for who I am) it doesn't bother me that much to buy diapers in a store. I think the biggest thing that we freak out about is that we have this desire that is considered so taboo by the rest of society that we fear being ostracized by our peers.

Another thing you can try, if you aren't ready to own up to the fact that you want to wear diapers, is to go buy a pair of scrubs and wear them when you go to buy diapers. You will look just like any other home health tech that wanders in to buy supplies for a client. If you do this, be sure the you know your size, since it helps minimize the chance that you will give yourself away.

I'm just saying...

Edit to add: I rule page 4

Another thing you can try, if you aren't ready to own up to the fact that you want to wear diapers, is to go buy a pair of scrubs

I don't feel the need to engage in this sort of subterfuge anymore; I no longer care whether they think the diapers are for me (in fact I kinda hope they do). But even so, I have to say, that is effin' brilliant. If I'd thought of it when I was 20 I would have had a much easier time of things!

• 1 month later...

Today i bought my first pack of adult diapers :):). About time i was so afraid and i was nervous as hell! It was 8am, and I went to a discount store where not a lot of people shop. I finally just grabbed the depends underwear small; i then brought it up. I said "man i hate when I have to pick these up." she was really nice and replied "why? it's part of life." And now im laying in my depend diaper!

I go to the meds counter at the drug store. In fact this one time the girl working, who was around 25 and hot, looks at me and says" A guy who knows what he wants" with a big smile on her face. i dont remember what else was said but it was all nice. I have gone back and havent seen her again. Bummer!!

Guest Unconstruct

Don't get embarrassed buying adult diapers! :) Buying them from hot cashiers is half the fun of being a DL for me. I love it!

Points to make sure is to NOT buy them in local towns, but rather far away where you know anyone you know won't creep up on you and "catch" you(I've had extreme close calls) I like going at night at around 7 to 10 P.M. Not a lot of people and it's quieter.

For me I don't care what people are thinking and what you are doing is not hurting them, yourself or is it illegal in any way(Even if you announce you're an adult baby) It is none of their business so who cares...Just go in and make the experience as pleasurable as possible.. You are spending lots of money on these things so try to get the most out of it.

I'll tell you what.. At a Wal-Greens I go to when I get the need for some Depends and such, their used to be a girl cashier named Asia. She was hot and always friendly. At first I went in and bought Depends, Poise pads a few times with her and eventually I decided to push my thrill and luck. I went in one night, purchased baby powder, Depends, pacifiers, put it all on the counter and with a nice, smile she winked at me and touched my wrist in a caring way. I am pretty much positive that she knew I was "Into" the AB/DL scene...She most likely found out about it on the internet as many are starting to do. She doesn't work there now and that sucks. She was a sweetheart that wouldn't be in disgust over people like us.. :)

I even made myself a prescription like slip and read off of it what the "doctor" wanted me to get for my "problem" to the hot pharmacist. She took me back to the Depends isle and explained to me the products and that some men wear the bigger "woman" pads and some use small baby diapers, because they are just as good and very absorbent for your "issues" and are cheaper. Even talked me into getting the Underwear pullup for men for night and underpads. She quickly told me the "brief" is a diaper and used mainly for bed patients.

She was very nice and professional the whole time and the experience was grand after I walked out with some Poise pads, a pack of underwear for men and some XL underpads :D

And yes people saw me and I didn't care.....

Take in any opportunity to cherish this gift you have of being a AB/DL... You can be embarrassed or you can make it a special treat for yourself...the choice is yours.

Guest Unconstruct

I finally just grabbed the depends underwear small; i then brought it up. I said "man i hate when I have to pick these up."

I always buy from woman at the register and one night I bought Maxi Pads lol.. I went up there ans she goes "My boyfriend never does this for me!, It's very sweet of you to pick these up" LMAO.... I had a small laugh knowing that well......they are for me baby :thumbsup:

Heck with it..It's all good and why not?... Life is to serious..this is my way out and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to do it is to go in there acting like oyu own the place, be proud and dont feal any shame. Grab the diapers walk to the counter and even have a convo with the associate. It helps to have the right attitude.

so true. After all, no one knows who you may be buying them for unless you may run into a friend or relative. If you act shifty and nervous, that is a dead give away. Just grab them, take them to the register and pay with a confident look on your face.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PhilGizzle

Well.. I'm the kinda relaxing guy then ?

I'm goin into the shop. Look what diapers i want and take them. I talk with the cashiers as would i buy smokes, or something else .

First time i buyed diapers i was nervous :P But I kinda figured out that the ppl dont care about it.

It will get easier the older you get. Or, maybe I've just done it so many times I'm used to it. I'm 57. When I'm 75 and needing diapers and wearing one at time of purchase maybe I'll be embarrassed like when I was 25. :o