LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence And Bathhouse

I don't go to health spas or the YMCA or any public place where I might have to change a diaper in public. I have gone on camping trips, men's retreats, couple's retreats, etc. but always had a private place to change and clean up. Since I'm incontinent I don't really swim anywhere either. I will swim in the ocean in a swim diaper, or a lake or river, but not in anyone's pool. Common courtesy on my part. I don't know if this helps, but I hope it at least gave you food for thought.

To all the polite incontinent people out there, about 70% of people polled have admitted to peeing in public swimming pools. I do it just about everytime I swim, it's almost like reflex, the same with bathing. I think as long as you're not fecal incontinent, there shouldn't be a problem with pools or bath houses.

To all the polite incontinent people out there, about 70% of people polled have admitted to peeing in public swimming pools. I do it just about everytime I swim, it's almost like reflex, the same with bathing. I think as long as you're not fecal incontinent, there shouldn't be a problem with pools or bath houses.

Apart from the fact that the urine quickly turns into ammonia and reacts with the chlorine in the water, catalyzing a reaction which releases it from the liquid so that it might rise out of the pool as toxic gas. This then disrupts the PH of the pool and makes it more likely to become inhabited with fungus/bacteria, and causes increases maintenance costs for the pool owner/operator as they have to pay for more chlorine or possibly even cleaning expenses.

So yeah, I don't really think that the notion that '70% of people are doing it' is a very good excuse. There's a very good reason why the practice is frowned upon, and it's not just about a cultural 'gross out factor.'

• Like 1

Yes it is gross but a lot of people do it, and I know that in my state (Florida) most public pools are using a salt system instead of chlorine. it is a hell of a lot cheaper for big pools for one. but just think about it all water was at one point on land or in some body of water so next time you in the mountains or near the beach and you get water from the tap in you sink just think that a bear or wale could have just taken a crap in your water glass. Not to mention that pee is sterial and in some counties people drink there pee. gross yea but it happens. people that complain about kids peeing in the pool are the same pricks that let there dogs crap in there and my yard and not clean up the mess...so..

Honestly the staff at most pools don't worry about people urinating in the water. They know it is a fact of life... so while there may be signs and etc to the contrary, it's really not a big deal. Plus, have you been into the restrooms at a public pool lately? I'd rather go in my pants thank you very much.

What is to be concerned about is fecal matter... thus why it is requested that all infants and incontinent individuals be kept in a swim diaper or some other sort of containment garment. Those swim diapers and "little swimmers" don't actually hold urine at all... if you read the fine print they are merely there to catch fecal matter and keep that bacteria from mingling with the pool water.

Apart from the fact that the urine quickly turns into ammonia and reacts with the chlorine in the water, catalyzing a reaction which releases it from the liquid so that it might rise out of the pool as toxic gas.

Can you cite an example of that happening?

Swim diapers that contain urine are pretty much unheard of for kids. If they were really concerned about keeping pee out of the pool they would not let babies swim, and age discrimination is legal pretty much everywhere.

I suppose if everyone in a crowded public pool were to empty their bladders simultaneously, it might just be possible. Otherwise no... there are enough chemicals in the water and the filtration system to handle what people put in.

http://www.americanchemistry.com/s_chlorine/science_sec.asp?CID=1270&DID=4750&CTYPEID=113

The chemical interaction between chlorine and ammonia is extremely well documented in chemistry(Ever heard that you shouldn't mix bleach and Pine-Sol?). I never implied that it would release enough chlorine into the air to kill or even necessarily harm anybody, but it certain does release some chlorine from the water.

The more imminent issue is the PH balance, which is what helps keep the water clean to begin with. If this balance gets disrupted, the pool becomes more susceptible to contamination. I don't use that to mean 'it has a higher chance of getting contaminated' either. I say that to mean 'it will be successfully contaminated by a greater variety and volume of organisms.'

Point 1- It is up to the individual pool owners etc to allow/deny admittance to people who wear swim diapers, and can easily deny entrance to the pool for pre-toilet trained or incontinent patrons.

Point 2- There is a chemical dye that can be added to pool water, that will turn red when urine reacts with it. It is illegal in most countries to urinate in a swimming pool.

Point 3- Tap drinking water is processed and highly filtered and tested for purity before it is placed within a muncipal drinking water scheme in most developed countries in the world. It is the power of the media, spefically the advertisers, that have grown the comercial interest in bottled water. For a while, Cokecola Company, using a filtered version of the London muncipal water system, used to bottle same and sell as 'filtered spring water'

Point 4- Bottled water, supposedly in the ground since the earth was formed, always has a best before date. However, there is a limited supply of water in this world, and every drop of water IS recylcled. Sea water evaporates (by sun light heat) and falls as rain. This is collected in lakes and rivers, normally processed by man, and piped to our homes. We use it, and the waste is filtered, and put back into the sea.

• Like 1

First of all, I am delighted to meet a native Japanese on here. 2nd, I'm sure Rakuten will offer adult swim diapers if you look hard enough.

Um.... Sorry if I burst your bubble. I'm just a Korean guy who understands Japanese. :mellow: