• classical
    • Garrage
    • Acoustic
    • Industrial
    • Blues
    • Jazz
    • R & B
    • Other - Please State -

I don't know, I like everything but Country/Bluegrass.

I mean I used to be an all out Rock and Trance Raver girl but then my tastes started to refine a little more. Now I find myself turning on Bach over Metallica. <_>

Its kinda wierd, I don't even really like the screamy music any more... I guess I'm just not attracted to bands that prefer to rip apart their vocal chords.

Still love Louis the XIV though, can't stop me from loving them.

Apocalyptica, Heavy metal cello quartet.

Night Whish, Heavy metal with an Operatic singer (think Evanesence but good)

The Black Mages, The guy who did the music or Final Fantasy's rock band!

Minibosses, Whoo Nintendo core

So you get it mostly metal although I'm starting to dig some of the electronica/trance stuff while I do art.

• Like 1

I didn't vote, because I can't choose all I really like...

I once tried to get sick of listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. 2 weeks in high school -- I played it whenever I could. To school, from school, at home while eating, sleeping, watching TV, everything. I just couldn't get sick of it.

My freshman year of college, I realized I averaged listening to it about 1.5 times a day during the school year (I played it along with some other Floyd and some Moody Blues while I slept and listened to it on a regular basis during the day). To spice things up I would switch it up with various live versions of the album in its entirety. During the summer after that year I had that CD in my car when I went to work, which, it so happened, was 43 minutes away. The album played once on the way to work, and once on my way home.

That would be my favorite album. All that Floyd never harmed me. *twitch*

(Interesting tidbit -- want to know where Andrew Lloyd Webber got inspiration for the organ line in the Phantom of the Opera theme? Listen to the Pink Floyd song Echoes and pay attention to the bass line.)

hmmmmmmm wellll i cant really vote cause i wouldnt be able to choose all!!!! lol!!! I listen to pretty much everything and anything. All depends on the mood i'm in. Listen to a lot of rap and dance in the car cause thats what sounds best nothing like some heavy base to keep ya awake!!!!! lol!!!

But to pick a favorite artist would have to be Pink Floyd. Cant live without my Floyd!!!! although i think it prolly doesnt help my depresive moods!!! lol!!!!!!!

very interesting info on echoes there! listening to it now and can hear the similarity! funny never noticed that before!!!

Pink Floyd addict mikey

My favorite is rock, however my tastes are very broad. I'll listen to pretty much anything but rap. Ive gone through country, classical, and pretty much settled on rock (classic and modern). But I'll listen to stuff like Jimmy Buffet (yes, I know, I'm 21 and thats odd :-), and Im currently listening to The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

Yep, difficult to answer. I guess there are classics in most genres, but currently it's mainly Goodspeed (all recordings) and Miles' "Bitches Brew" in my cd-player.

But of course, some good ol' fashioned Drum & Bass is allways slipping down (but it would have to be from early and mid 90:s).

/doc

Hey Dolly!! Happy to be back!!

I've been wandering in strange places, but I'm finally back where I belong..

138_3808www.jpg

Well, I'll be moving over to the cosy corner (don't want to hijack the thread from the audiophiles..)

/doc

Hmm. I voted techno - a vague genre that covers many aspects of electronic music. I like the electrofunk typified by Groove Armada and the rather soulfull trancy sounds of Fluke - the big dance underground in matrix revolutions was to their "another kind of blues" track - "Puppy" album. I used to play the guitar, and love hendrix, the doors, led zep, Frank Zappa and loads of oldies; I love jazz, and when I'm in the mood, as is often the case, I'll stick on "kind of blue" by Miles Davis. Believe me when I say it's a life experience, not just an album; you *NEED* it, lol! Other things in my music collection include a recording of a thunderstorm travelling over a lake somewhere in canada, recorded from a boat in said lake; Some James Brown, some ambient stuff, the cult's "Love" album (she sells sanctuary - classic) Iggy Pop, Underworld, Van Morrison, Supertramp, Air, Steve Hilliage, Stereophonics, the verve, Yello, Abba (cringe) Aerosmith (rock on dudes) Arlo Guthrie, chemical Brothers, and much more, mixed together in my own eclectic haven of much loved music :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the Beatles. The early songs and all the way up. I just have about everything beatle related. Posters , magazine's, Anthology video's, All their CD's, books and shirts. I wish Lennon was still alive. I be wanting to know what he's doing today. Every day. I love lots the old stuff. I got about 500 cd's and a nice system. I love to jam and throw parties. enterain everyone. I also play a guitar. Play it at parties. Just have a good time. And yes I like Pink Floyd! Who could forget them. Does anyone own the LIve 8 video? I'm listening to "learning to fly", right now while I'm typing this. I won an anthology video on DVD and the The wall DVD all live on friday on ebay. I guess the cost don't matter if you really like music. I'm a music lover.

• 2 months later...

boy thats a hard one... I would have to choose multiples on that on cause' I love all kinds of music. In fact I played with Soul Asylum for a bit in the 90's so I'm well versed in the ways of music. I LOVE Neil Young (Harvest album)

• 1 month later...

This one was a toughie for me, I like to listen to almost everthing, classical, country, blues, heavy metal, rock and even flamenco. I ended up picking heavy metal probably cause I just got done listening to Night Wish

My top ten albums (in no order):

Radiohead - Ok Computer,

Oasis - What's the story? (Morning Glory),

The Beatles - Revolver,

The Rolling Stones - Let it bleed,

Led Zepellin - Led Zepellin 4,

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication,

Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon,

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland,

Blur - Parklife,

Metallica - And justice for all

I listen to so many different things it's really hard to pick a catagory.

My favorite band at the moment would have to be the Icelandic group Múm. It's really hard to classify their sound but it's really beautiful music.

I'm also a big fan of a lot of weird electronica. Not dance or techno (although i like some of that, too). Things like Pan Sonic, Nobukazu Takemura, Kid 606, Ken Ishii, or Kit Clayton.

I'm a huge fan of Brian Eno's ambient stuff ("Ambient 4 - On Land" being my favorite).

I also listen to a lot of old 8-bit/16-bit video game soundtracks. The Seiken Densetsu 2 (AKA Secret of Mana) OST is the one i keep coming back to. I love Hiroki Kikuta's composition.

A few of my other favorites are: Thee Michelle Gun Elephant, Stereolab, Miyavi, Metronome, Mini Moni, Lou Reed, Lee Jung Hyun, Guitar Vader, Guitar Wolf, Doc Watson, Cowboy Junkies, Cibo Matto, David Bowie, Boards of Canada, Akino Arai, Aphex Twin, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa... so yeah, i listen to a lot of different stuff ^_^