LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bad Chinese Cloth Diapers On Ebay

I bought an all-in-one cloth diaper on ebay from seller huzi729, one of the Chinese ones, and it arrived nearly 4 weeks after auction. When I tried to unfold the wings, the velcro panel ripped right off the thing plastic front cover. I have posted pictures here to show you what I mean. I also thing they misrepresented the material they layer it with; the ebay page said (Material: Outer : 100% PVC; Absorb: Polyester 3 layers; Inner: 100% COTTON), while the tag on the plastic wrapper it came in says (Outer: 100% PVC, Middle: Terrylene, Inside 100% Cotton). Looking at the picture, it doesn't seem they used 3 layers of Polyester, this Terrylene would not be very absorbent. I emailed the seller through ebay, asking for a refund.

post-173-1271194883156_thumb.jpg

post-173-12711949610593_thumb.jpg

post-173-12711950085979_thumb.jpg

post-173-1271195019869_thumb.jpg

post-173-1271194883156_thumb.jpg

post-173-12711949610593_thumb.jpg

post-173-12711950085979_thumb.jpg

post-173-1271195019869_thumb.jpg

That looks like the same PVC plastic outer all in one diaper that ABUniverse sells. I have one and it's really nothing to write home about. I use it when I am airing out. I just put it on very loosely. I don't think I could trust the thing if it got soaked with out a pair of plastic pants on over it.

well sorry to say, but you purchased something made in china, what were you expecting? a quality like kins?

now on to the help :) try making a report with paypal or ebay.

good luck.

Have you taken a look around your house lately? Not all Chinese products are junk.

We can enlighten ourselves through the application of a few wise old sayings. "May the buyer beware." and "You get what you pay for."

• Like 3

Have you taken a look around your house lately? Not all Chinese products are junk.

We can enlighten ourselves through the application of a few wise old sayings. "May the buyer beware." and "You get what you pay for."

You're right Darkfinn, some Chinese products are of decent or even high quality. Unfortunately, many are of poor quality, even when the product in question claims to be built to meet or exceed U.S. specifications. I have many products that were made in China that are of excellent quality, and have many that should have never been allowed to leave the factory. See below for an example of why "you get what you paid for" may no longer apply.

well, he was comparing diapers, not electronics

but yes, most china stuff is junk, usually u can get better stuff somewhere else

Zpeed, it doesn't matter whether or not he was comparing diapers, electronics, or something else entirely. I had a very expensive pair of pants that I bought in Macy's several years ago, which were made in China. Macy's had always been known for high-quality merchandise, as well as their high prices, and I admittedly bought the pants because of the aforementioned quality control. I wore the aforementioned pair of pants once, the zipper on the fly and the button literally broke while I was wearing them and I had to hold them together until I could get a change of clothes. I paid a large sum of money for those pants, and I wasn't happy that they practically fell apart while I was wearing them. In contrast, I also have a rather inexpensive T-Shirt that was made in China. I wear it regularly and it's about five-years old. The quality control on the cheap Chinese shirt was better than the quality control on the expensive Chinese pants. This is why I said "you get what you pay for" doesn't always apply anymore.

As far as electronics go, it's nearly, if not entirely impossible to find anything electronic that isn't made in China, or doesn't contain at least one part that was made in China. Unfortunately, the only way to tell whether a product made in China will be of high quality or not, is to look at the quality control of the company that's selling the product in question. Companies that enforce their quality control rigorously will produce top-notch products, whether they're made in China, Canada, the USA, or somewhere else entirely. Companies that slack off in the quality control department, will produce sub-par products, even if they charge a premium for them.

Not all Chinese products are bad, and some are actually quite good. I have several products made in China that were built to Japanese standards and they're often better than their US counterparts. Unfortunately, products made in China that are of poor quality usually give all Chinese products a bad name. I'm not saying that this should happen, but simply that it does. Things like lead-painted toys, and poisoned baby formula cast a negative light on all products being produced in China, even when some products don't deserve to be cast in the aforementioned negative light.

but yes, most china stuff is junk, usually u can get better stuff somewhere else

Chinese electronics? Don't get me started there. The company I work for sells 3 main lines of electronics that all do the same thing. The high-dollar stuff is made in Germany, the mid-grade ones are from Canada, and the cheap stuff comes from China. I will tell you now that the Chinese ones are absolute crap. 1 out of 10 is dead right out of the box and of the remaining 9, 2 will fail within a year. Of course they cost about half as much as the Canadian ones, and are 80% cheaper than the German stuff.

There will always be exceptions to the rule... but look at it this way. If the product you are looking at is significantly cheaper than everything else on the market... there is usually a good reason for it.

The good news to all of it was that I got a full refund from the seller, even without having to go through the whole paypal payment recovering hassle. I ended up buying a nice domestic-produced cloth diaper, and have been happy so far with it. I do buy Chinese electronics on ebay now and then, relying on the guarantees in place to get my money back from the occasional DOA product. That said, if I'm buying something I know I want to work right the first time, I do make sure it's from a more reputable source than a Chinese product.

Guest YkDave

You can get ANY kind of quality out of china that you desire. Only problem is, most companies choose to go as cheap as possible in an effort to increase their margins and line their pockets with dough. Thus most of the products you see coming out of china are of very low quality

• 3 months later...

The Chinese can make some good stuff. They just need to be told to make good stuff and have good quality control people to watch them. I have done machining and I can tell you that in North America doing a nicer job than the engineer specified is common more common than in China. You can have the same thing made from the same drawings and they will both work but the Canadian one will look prettier. If you increase the standards on the drawing to what is expected in North America you won't be able to tell the difference.

• 1 month later...

I can vouch that the velcro diapers aren't really that good, but you are really getting what you pay for. Most of the time you

will grab the items for 99 cents, and pay the postage (inflated to cover low auction price). I have bought 3 pairs through that seller, they are that cheap it doesn't bother me.

After a few uses the pvc will tear along the velcro where it is sewed on, and you might find that the velcro can irritate your sides as the diaper material can fold over and make it rub.

The plastic pants, again, you get what you pay for. But for 99 cents for 3 pairs, who cares, that's cheap enough to buy up and replace when needed.

I have bought, and will continue to buy off that ebay seller. The postage wait is expected, as it's all explained in the auction listings.

You have to be careful, a lot of chinese stuff is junk, but I've got an AIO I got from "nicediaper1" or something like that on ebay and it's everything they claimed and nice (though the Engrish on their ads is rather humerous and I especially like the admonition to not speak German to they don't speak German well, I guess it has to be worth than their English).

Hate to inform you, but most of the brands are manufactured in China, Secure Personal for instance. They have a buyer driven market, what people are willing to pay for is what they make, end of story. Almost everything, not just electronics, is made in China because they don't have stupid laws like in the US forcing their factories to close down, and they have more space than Europe and Japan for these factories in spite of their excessive population level. Almost all plastic products world wide are made in China, and if you browse the manufacturer connection sites to see what you can buy where "direct from the factory", almost all are in China. The really awesome Japanese style cloth diapers are all made in China, they send the factories the design specs, otherwise it's made in China. The only thing the US is really manufacturing now are all wood products, other than that, it's likely made in China.

• 3 months later...