LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"No Babies Unless You'Re Looking For A 'Pankin!"

I love pancakes!

especially with knott's country syrup that no one except knott's sells now, which is weird because the stores sell Knott's boysenberry and strawberry syrups but not country. The only other syrup that even remotely tastes like Knotts is Eggo's buttermilk syrup and I always get weird looks for buying it(but not the diapers). Like I should just settle for more maple(y) tasting syrup like everyone else or something.

sorry had to do it. at least it wasnt a "first!" topic

• 2 weeks later...

I love pancakes!

especially with knott's country syrup that no one except knott's sells now, which is weird because the stores sell Knott's boysenberry and strawberry syrups but not country. The only other syrup that even remotely tastes like Knotts is Eggo's buttermilk syrup and I always get weird looks for buying it(but not the diapers). Like I should just settle for more maple(y) tasting syrup like everyone else or something.

sorry had to do it. at least it wasnt a "first!" topic

Sounds good, but have you ever had Nutello on a waffle? I warn you, they are addictive...

I'm a baby, and I'm in the adult room! Na na na! You can't find me

*sniff* just follow the dirty diaper smell, I am sure you'll find the lil bugger soon :P

This topic (seeing as it was already bumped) reminds me of my "strange" pancake/waffle habits.

I never use butter on either. Or any "buttery" substance for that matter.

Syrup is okay, but I can't STAND a perfectly good pancake/waffle drowned in it.

I rarely use syrup.

Sometimes I'll eat a pancake/waffle plain.

I don't like whole fruit on my pancake/waffle. I love fruit, but I like it as an accompaniment, not a topping.

I don't really like jellies on my pancake/waffle, unless I'm making a pancake/waffle PBJ or I'm in a certain mood.

Peanut butter is an awesome topping for a pancake/waffle.

Honey is better.

PB and honey is one of the best.

Nutella on a pancake/waffle is awesome, as long as it's not overdone.

Truth be told, any topping in abundance ruins the pancake/waffle, in my opinion.

If whipped cream or chocolate sauce is used to top the pancake/waffle, the pancake/waffle itself shouldn't be very sweet.

"Whole" toppings - fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, even meats(?!) - are best left INSIDE the batter, and cooked into the pancake/waffle.

A pumpkin pancake/waffle (made with canned pumpkin - not pie filling - stirred into pancake batter) topped with a shake of cinnamon or nutmeg and a drizzle of honey is pure heaven to me.

~ moogle

peanut butter on waffles is fantastic and honey on pancakes works quite well too, alas Diabetes keeps the circular discs of doughy death away from me.

Pancakes can be made without sugar, and using honey as the sweetener, makes it suitable for diabetics. In reality, all diabetics need to do is avoid artificial sugar & sweetener.

• Like 1

Leaves a trail of feathers stolen from the duck as I crawl around the topic. I hope the duck had lots of feathers, I do want to find my way out. Wiggles my plastic pantied butt and smiles. What parent can resist that?

i love making pancakes with crushed pecans. i usually put a bit of extra water in the mixture so it will make a thin pancake instead of a fluffy thick one. (fluffy thickness only counts when it comes to diapers, changing pads and other items baby is to be put on for his or her care)

adding a bit of butter and topping it with a tad of 100% pure maple syrup is a culinary delight! i know it's a pricey grocery item, but well worth it.

• Infant
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

• user_add.png
  • email_open.png
  • book_open.png

• Group: Members
  • Diapers::Adult Baby
  • I Am a...:Boy
  • REAL Age::32
  • Age Play Age::2

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:37 PM

I'm a baby, and I'm in the adult room! Na na na! You can't find me

as to one certain little 2 year old baby boy, we'll find you! and i'm sure the one who does will see to it you get your proper comeuppance!

Guest Baby Tiana

Okay, so I know I'm not a mommy or anything. But I'd like to think I can be mature enough at times to be considered okay in here....

Now, to the topic. Pancakes! Gotta love them! I personally love making chocolate chip pancakes. Like Miss Manners, I like to add more water to them so they're thinner. Or if my friends don't like it that way, I just squish them on the pan! :D These are the only kind I love to eat. However, I can't eat them with syrup. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. NOPE!

I do however like experimenting with things. I've made Lemon Pancakes which were pretty good! :D But that was years ago....

But when it all comes down to it, the pancakes must make some fun shapes. If I had a munchkin of my own, I would make snow man pancakes like my mother made for me when I was four. Maybe even try some other shapes. Just make the whole ordeal fun. Perhaps even a small flour war....but then again, all baking needs one of those at some point or another. The process just has to be enjoyable! :D

Now forthe other topic of Pancakes....this is 'THE' food of the GODS.

I L*O*V*E L*O*V*E L*O*V*E pancakes! OMG! and some of the best pancakes (and waffles) on this planet are made with Sourdough.....OH MY G*O*D if you have not had or tried sourdough I mean REAL sour dough pancakes and or waffles, you simply have not lived....indescribably delicious.....incredible.

I like my pancakes with most anything.. Peanut butter IS awesome :thumbsup: but any fruit, especially berries (boysenberries or strawberries...or raspberries YUM! ) is great... Chocolate chip pancakes are insanely delicious, pancakes alone for dinner are great....I love them anyway I can get them. oddly enough, krustez has possibly the best pancake mix, as it is simple and yet yields a yummy product. I have tried a few other recipes and haven't found one I like, other then the krusties mix....sorry for any purists :P well....that and the sourdough.

When I was much younger, I used to be able to pack away a LOT of pancakes for breakfast, and by a LOT I mean 15-18 regular sized cakes......LOVE those things!

Now I'm happy with a regular stack of 3 funny what age does to you :blush:

But I too am an avid fan of the griddle cake...I'm getting hungry just writing this...maybe I have to go to IHOP in the morning and get my *fix* .....sourdough of coarse!!;)

qwack

Guest Baby Tiana

does anyone know anything about Johnny Cakes? are they similar to pancakes? if so, where would one find a good recipe? and what's the best way to prepare them?

I'm not sure what they are, but I don't think they're like pancakes.

Here is a link from foodnetwork.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/dessert-invention/24883.html

I hope this helps? I didn't look at the video, but I'm sure it has a good explanation for what they are. Alton Brown is a great chief, so yeah...

I'm not sure what they are, but I don't think they're like pancakes.

Here is a link from foodnetwork.

http://www.foodnetwo...tion/24883.html

I hope this helps? I didn't look at the video, but I'm sure it has a good explanation for what they are. Alton Brown is a great chief, so yeah...

thank-you Baby Tiana, that was an excellent link you provided. and yes, he is a great chef having thorough knowledge of the chemistry behind food preparation. good job Tiana! :thumbsup:

does anyone know anything about Johnny Cakes? are they similar to pancakes? if so, where would one find a good recipe? and what's the best way to prepare them?

I did a google and wiki search on this and came up with this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonnycake

They are kind of like pancakes, but made with ground corn instead. They were a staple food in the eastern states in the early years. Their origin is questionable though ..

hope this helps! :)

qwack

Guest Baby Tiana

I have never heard of those! Thank-you so dearly for adding to my list of things to experiment with! :) Hopefully my friends will like it, and I don't kill them with food poisoning. :P

Another thing I want to bring up is these amazingly great cookies. They're very flat and delicate, sweet and savory, with a pattern much like a waffle. However, I can't remember the name....but my god-mother's aunt made them for us when I tagged along on their Christmas trip and met them. Sooooo great! I will call the aunt some time and ask what they're called. But just today I saw a box of them in the store. I purchased them, and they're very similar, but nothing near as good as the homemade ones!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...