LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Uk General Election

OK so as I'm sure most of the UK posters on here are aware, a general election is nearing. being 18 this is my first election i can vote in so im obviously particularly interested in it and was just wondering you're opinions on who is going to win or who you are voting for.

Well I have been a member of the Conservative party since I was very young as I was part of the "Youth Conservative Group" so I think you can tell who I will be voting for.

Labour have dragged this country down to the depths of desperation & it needs a change quickly! After listening to the budget yesterday, once again it was just a "empty suitcase" with no ideas to get us out of this economical mess.

David Cameron PM ftw!

Well I have been a member of the Conservative party since I was very young as I was part of the "Youth Conservative Group" so I think you can tell who I will be voting for.

Labour have dragged this country down to the depths of desperation & it needs a change quickly! After listening to the budget yesterday, once again it was just a "empty suitcase" with no ideas to get us out of this economical mess.

David Cameron PM ftw!

see that's the thing, i think labour need to go but i have no confidence in David Cameron at all

see that's the thing, i think labour need to go but i have no confidence in David Cameron at all

Well Gordon Brown no one has confidence in either, so maybe you should give him the chance which he hasn't had yet.

I have no confidence in any of them :/

Hopefully theres are pirate party Candidate around.... :X

Maybe you could vote "Monster Raving Loony Party"...one of their polices are....

Needles

Due to the increasing number of children afraid of needles, I propose the destruction of the tedious, scary and often painful process of school vaccinations.

Instead, I propose that highly trained nurses should be given free reign on the playground with specially modified tranquillizer rifles which apply vaccinations as well as a tranquillizer. This would have two main benefits: It would be less scary for the children as they will not know what hit them, also it will be more fun for the nurses

I don't want to keep Labour in power, but I don't want to put the Tories in power either. Not that it particularly matters, as they are virtually the same party nowadays anyway. Cameron is just a Blair clone. I'll be voting for the Lib Dems, even if they have no real chance of power. They represent my views the most and it's high time for real change.

I am a lifelong Conservative, but I am thinking of going to work for Nigel Farage, UKIP candidate in Buckingham, as that would be the best way to frighten the hell out of David Cameron. He's much too weak, too Etonian,too Europhile, too wet, too smooth and too much like Tony Blair.

Gordon Brown is unspeakable, and the sleazy bunch of crooks that form the present government will just have to go.. I would rather vote for Albert Steptoe than him.

• Like 1

Despite being in the US now, I retain voting rights in the UK for something like another 8 years, I think.

Much as it's clear that Brown and his stupid, interfering, controlling* bunch of morons need to go, I, like a lot of people, would shudder to think of Cameron in Downing St. Shallow, meaningless squirt of a politician. I don't like him much but at least Brown as some stature...

If I were to vote (and I probably won't because it's not that easy to do as an expat) then I'd probably vote Lib Dem. Not because I think they can or should win but in the hope of them benefiting from two useless main parties enough to cause a hung Parliament and hopefully form a coalition and keep the majority party in check. I'd prefer to see a Labour/LibDem coalition rather than a Tory/LibDem simply because as I mentioned, I'd rather poke my eyes out with sticks than see Cameron in power. He's just another Blair in disguise - lots of style, very little substance...

(* Using terrorism legislation to interfere with photographers. Digital Economy Bill. Vetting Database and playing on 'paedo-panic'. ID cards. Knee-jerk introduction of full body scanners and playing on 'Al Qaeda-panic'. Need I carry on?)

Could nt agree more. The party that campaigned and was originally elected under a no sleaze banner have been SO corrupt it's a disgrace.

Can't wait for the them to go.

The unfortunate thing is is that they've left this country in such a mess that'll it'll take more years and years for it to improve.

I may not know a lot about politics, but what I do know is that I work bloody hard to earn my keep and don't care who gets in, just so long as they sort out the mess that's been screwing us over for the last 13 years.

And every election it's always the same spiel - education this, health that; repetitive as modern pop.. unbelievable how difficult it is for them to actually put into practice what they preach.

[/rant]

Can't wait for the cheesy "party political broadcasts" - they put M$ adverts to shame!

:ninja:

nice to see someone else having to choose between the "lesser of 2 evils" :P but be careful what you ask for, as many people here in the US wanted a change....and BOY did we get it! Look at the shit that hit the fan here! and it just keeps getting worse, but..many people (who thoughtthey knew what they wanted) got just that, and a lot of them are becoming very disapointed and disillusioned in what the 'reality' is.

Oh well...I didn't vote for this, I just hope you guys can do better to put someone in who actually "KNOWS" something and maybe act as a positive roll model for the rest, and maybe pull the US out of the ever deepening hole it created.

Good luck, and may the farts be with you..

this message will self destruct in...whenever

qwack

Could nt agree more. The party that campaigned and was originally elected under a no sleaze banner have been SO corrupt it's a disgrace.

Can't wait for the them to go.

The unfortunate thing is is that they've left this country in such a mess that'll it'll take more years and years for it to improve.

And the worst thing as well is, that the idiot living at No.10 was never even voted in by the voters...total shambles!

nice to see someone else having to choose between the "lesser of 2 evils" :P but be careful what you ask for, as many people here in the US wanted a change....and BOY did we get it! Look at the shit that hit the fan here! and it just keeps getting worse, but..many people (who thoughtthey knew what they wanted) got just that, and a lot of them are becoming very disapointed and disillusioned in what the 'reality' is.

Oh well...I didn't vote for this, I just hope you guys can do better to put someone in who actually "KNOWS" something and maybe act as a positive roll model for the rest, and maybe pull the US out of the ever deepening hole it created.

Good luck, and may the farts be with you..

this message will self destruct in...whenever

qwack

I'll add my thoughts here behind another "ex-colonist" :blush: Everyone seems to want change, and change is needed but election promises are never kept (or if they are it's nothing like what was promised), and no matter who gets in it never gets better :angry2: All the major parties seem to bring much the same results when in power- things spiral downward for the average person as the well-to-do get richer :bash: That's because a career in politics will make you rich, so you are going to do things to encourage that once you get elected :rolleyes:

So have any of you thought about the 'always vote them out' concept? It's a growing movement over here where no matter who is in office, you vote for the next most electable candidate :huh: The idea is to never let any person stay in office long enough to gain the excess power they acquire over time, and to deprive the major political parties of the power they've so long abused and misused. If there is no chance for a career in politics, the career politicians who got us all in this mess of a world will no longer have any desire to enter a race because it will lead them nowhere :P Then maybe we can get more common sense ordinary people to run for office, but even if they don't the crap we now have to contend with will come to an end which can't be a bad thing. It's time for the people of the world to regain control of their countries and end the reign of power the major political parties have held over us for so long :thumbsup: Come on people, we can do better than the ones who got us where we are now, so just make it a point to always vote them out :boxing:

Bettypooh