LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sooooo Expensive!

So I've been looking to embrace more into the whole AB thing. Further than my diapers and bottles and pacifiers.

I've been looking online at some of the sites suggested here for onesies and I wanted to try out the rhumba panties and maybe plastic panties.

Which also brings up a question, what exactly is the purpose of the things that go over diapers? I've never really dealt with babies or anything so I'm not too knowledgeable on the topic. Is it just extra protection or looks or feeling or what?

But anyways. I saw some rhumba panties on sale. Just took a quick look at the price.... kind of expecting 15-20 bucks.

50-60 dollars! Honestly! are they that expensive to make?!!?! So I moved on to dresses, looking to embrace a more sissy side. 70-80 dollars. What the hell?! lol Finally, a onesie is like 30 dollars.

I have a pretty good income, but I'm very hesitant on blowing that much cash on these. Is there any place with significantly cheap AB clothing I could find?

Thanks all!

Cosyndry.com are pretty cheap on clothing :). You should stay off ebay, they charge an arm and a leg most of the time :(.

Seriously through, any kind of fetish gear is expensive, for quality items especially. You've just gotta check out the deals, or just spend money on a few items. You don't really need that much anyway, unless you're babying up 24/7.

The custom made market is very limited and will require a larger profit margin than the mass produced stuff. Be creative look around.

You can find footed sleepers in most box stores at the beginning of winter.

you like the look of rhumba panties, check out a square dancing store

I see denim coveralls in thrift stores all the time put a regular adult striped t shirt underneath and could look very babyish.

Do you have a Disney or WB store nearby?

Can you sew at all? I don't think it would be terribly hard to take an oversized t shirt and make a onesie out of it.

you can put any image you want on a t shirt either professionally or from your own ink jet printer & an iron.

Check the female clothes racks, even if you aren't a "sissy" let's face it women have cute clothes and many can be adapted to AB

when you get right down to it, incontinence briefs aren't specifically made for ab's but we made them work in lieu of big Pampers. A lot of everyday things can be adapted into the AB world. Be creative and resourceful I bet you can put together a pretty nice layette on a hundred bucks.

While not super-duper-frilly, the Chinese rumba diaper covers over on eBay are pretty reasonable. I've gotten 'em for $11 or so, with shipping. Nicely made, but they do run a bit small.

As to diapers... just watch your Walgreen sales. With coupons (that they give you every time you by diapers) and sales I can often get a per-pack price down to $7. When they hit that, I stock up.

It's all about supply and demand! Those of you in this fetish who want adult size baby style clothes and items will most likely have to pay a lot for them since:

A. As already stated, most are custom made as opposed to "off the rack".

B. People who make adult size baby things have you at their mercy! They know you want the items and are willing to do just about whatever it takes to have them, therefore, they can charge whatever they want.

C. You have to take into consideration the cost of fabric and materials along with the person's time in making the garments and items. It could take a few hours to cut and sew even a onesie with snaps in the crotch. At even a minumum $10 per hour, it's $20 for labor for just 2 hours, plus the cost of materials and S&H.

D. If you are trying to compare adult baby clothes to actual toddler clothes, you have to consider the large size of the adult garments which means more material, extra time to make them and maybe even sturdier fabrics so they hold up better with a larger adult wearing them.

Now, the purpose of onesies and plastic pants? Well, I believe a lot of adults who are AB would like to wear onesies and rhumba panties to get that authentic baby look and feeling. I believe that Rhumba Panties, either cloth or plastic ones are basically just for looks and not functional per sey. On the other hand, Onesies can be for both looks and function. Even DL's that aren't into the baby stuff can find that wearing a onesie that looks like a regular T-shirt will help to make sure their shirt stays "tucked in" and that their diaper dosen't show out the back of their pants. It also helps support a wet and sagging diaper by holding it tighter to your body. Plastic pants are also functional and a necessity when wearing cloth diapers. Many people wear plastic pants over their disposable diapers for looks and feeling, but they are also practicable in helping contain leaks from an over wet diaper. Also, many people feel they help a lot with the disposable diapers that are made with cloth like backing. Sometimes the wetness can wick itself to the outside of a cloth backed disposable diaper and then you have damp pants.

Now, if you want to try some plastic pants but don't want to spend a lot of money, try the MILES KIMBALl company on line. Here is a link to the plastic pants they sell:

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Apparel%2fPersonal+Care&SCID=Foundations+%2f+Sleepwear&ProductID=312883

They come in 4 sizes starting with mediums and right now are on sale at 3 pairs for $4.19. True, they are not heavy duty plastic and will not last a long time with daily use or heavy activity, but 3 pairs for $4.19 is a price that's just too hard to pass up if someone just wants to try some plastic pants for the first time or for once in a while useage.

Yes, manufacture by hand in someplace in the Western world is going to make things a LOT more expensive, but then again, if you compare costs to fetish items like, say, a well made rubber catsuit, we skate a little easier.

Having said that, Kins does manufacture some quality goods for reasonable prices.

Think about how long it takes someone to make whatever item you're looking at. For clothing, not only do they need to spend a lot of time to learn how to sew and use the machine properly, but they also have to purchase fabric and patterns. And you can be sure the first time you attempt to make a certain item of clothing it won't be perfect or even might be completely botched and useless.

Affordable clothes you buy at Wal-Mart or Target are made by machines if possible or by what amounts to slave labor in third world countries earning in a month what an American working at McDonalds earns in an afternoon. Compare that to someone making a custom article of clothing by hand, one at a time in the US or some other affluent country and it makes sense that the clothes cost what they do.

• Like 1

So I've been looking to embrace more into the whole AB thing. Further than my diapers and bottles and pacifiers.

I've been looking online at some of the sites suggested here for onesies and I wanted to try out the rhumba panties and maybe plastic panties.

Which also brings up a question, what exactly is the purpose of the things that go over diapers? I've never really dealt with babies or anything so I'm not too knowledgeable on the topic. Is it just extra protection or looks or feeling or what?

But anyways. I saw some rhumba panties on sale. Just took a quick look at the price.... kind of expecting 15-20 bucks.

50-60 dollars! Honestly! are they that expensive to make?!!?! So I moved on to dresses, looking to embrace a more sissy side. 70-80 dollars. What the hell?! lol Finally, a onesie is like 30 dollars.

I have a pretty good income, but I'm very hesitant on blowing that much cash on these. Is there any place with significantly cheap AB clothing I could find?

Thanks all!

As stated above, it never hurts to shop around. I was just in a Goodwill store and there are all sorts of things to work with to get the items you would like. sure it's nice to 'BUY' something, but if funds arn't there, you just have to make due.

To answer your other question RE: diaper covers and plastic pants (?) plastic pants are from the era long ago when people like me wore cloth diapers. They help keep things dry (and sometimes clean) as a barrier between a wet....soggy.. cloth diaper and your other clothing, bed, or whom ever might be holding you at the moment. diaper 'covers' can be plastic lined (fancy plastic pants) to do the same thing, or just a light fabric to go over a diaoer (disposable) or cover up plastic pants. they are mostly for decoration, since few people (outside of this community) want to see a kids diaper, which could be wet or soggy and possibly full, so they put a 'cover' over it to be 'socially acceptable' *shrug*

They come in all sorts of patterns and colors, its kind of like underwear for kids still in diapers, and they can be fun.

One of the more interesting diaper covers I have come across was made of wool, and you didn't need plastic pants, as the natural lanolin in the wool is water repellent so they work like plastic pants to keep things dry but also breath because of the knit of the pants, and no plastic. These are mostly for kids, but I think I saw some for adults too....not cheap though.

Anyways, there are lots of vendors out there making all sorts of stuff for adults (both AB/DL and incontinent) but you have to shop around for values.

Something you might do also is, if you are making a decent living and have a good income right now, invest what you make and then use the revenue that the investment generates (interest or dividends) to make what ever purchases you want. that way you still have your savings / investment, and can use the money it pays you for your toys. It;s what i do, and have been doing for a long time...now I can get what I want.....but I ahve also been doing it for over 30 years ;)

Have fun!

qwack

I think one of the biggest misconceptions is that you have to be the clothes, diapers, plastic pants and all relevant accessories in one fell swoop. In reality, you don't have to. It's all about maintaining your budget and looking for bargains once in a while. Yes, the whole "lifestyle" is expensive, but it's better to buy some things over time.

Point made everyone. I suppose it's more a frustration that the things I want are so expensive.

I want it right NOW! ANd then I look at the price and say right NOW! isn't good. hehe

Perhaps a bit of saving, looking for deals, and always keeping on track with the forums should help quite a bit.

I appreciate all the answers as always!