LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pink Clothing On Boys...

I think in most families, baby wore what he/she was dressed in. The rich might be able to afford all new clothing in the socially acceptable colors, but others were usually in hand-me-down groups for the children. Boys for sure wore most things except overly frilly clothes.

In the time which we are referencing, the West was predominantly Middle Class, and the US even more, so by 1948 there was sufficient prosperity to pay attention to matters of appropriate colors. Now, there is very much access to new or "gently used" clothes in all classes. Even in the case of "hand me downs", which were mostly gotten from other members of the extended family if needed, a good supply of gender-appropriate clothes could be had. This does not even include what was gotten from baby showers, which, even if gender-neutral items; usually the case, freed and frees up money for clothes.

When I was turning 3 I had a pair of pants that were the color of ham but a bit darker, which I remember quite well. A couple of years and change later, my sister had a bathrobe of the same color.

I think in most families, baby wore what he/she was dressed in. The rich might be able to afford all new clothing in the socially acceptable colors, but others were usually in hand-me-down groups for the children. Boys for sure wore most things except overly frilly clothes.

Actually, back in grade school history, they taught us that way back when, boys were often made to wear dresses until they were either 5, or enrolled in school (whichever came first).

Lately I have noticed an increasing number of men wearing pinkish shirts in court. Mind you, those are very subtle forms of pink, hot the bubble-gum color of my Onesies shown in that topic today.

Does this mean pink is today's blue? In fact, now that I think about it, recently it is far less frequent to see a female attorney wearing a pink shirt at the office or in court. So it must be some male fashion statement.

I think we can chalk that up to "urban folk do weird stuff that nobody really understands"...

Well, my personal opinion... you should wear whatever you like. The choice is entiely yours, but I can see where your friend was coming from. That's not to say I am in disagreement with males wearing pink, it's just... at least for the AB community pink is kind of specifically for the girls. The wording is bad on that but I'm having trouble describing what I mean.

I guess what I mean to say is, as a baby, we don't really have much of a choice in our clothing. Whether we, as ABs, put it on or not, I kind of like to think with my clothing that it is put on by my parent. When shopping for AB clothes, I like to pick out what I think a parent would like on me. I guess it kind of stems into the whole feeling like a baby type of a thing where the choice is kind of taken out of the equation and made for me. Granted, in the end, I decide the clothes I buy, but I tend to try and aim for a taste that a mother would have for her baby, rather than something that moreso appeals to me.

If I bought what appealed to me, my clothing would be a lot of the same type of thing. A lot of similar items. Whereas when I try and buy things for me from a different perspective, I end up buying into a lot more variety.

I don't know, I guess I just really made things very complicated lol. It's hard for me to explain I guess.

I do agree though, that no matter the color, a guy whould wear what he wants.

Guess I'm just saying, in the baby world blue is the "traditional" color for boys as pink is for girls.

....Society knows that a baby in pink is a female even if she has no hair and the pink clothes are sweats.

:bash: Bad, bad, BAD! Nobody knows what goes on in the mind of a baby and those of us who are TG know all too well that what you see isn't always what it really is. I was pushed hard to be a 'manly gentleman' in my upbringing. Quite simply I could not and cannot be what I ain't nor can anyone else :angel_not:

The reason ABDL's aren't well accepted in society is the same reason we need to reject all ideas that define a human being which originate from outside of that person. It's society wanting to tell you who you will be and not allowing you to make that decision for yourself :( It is inherently wrong for anyone to try to force anyone else to do their bidding, even when that someone is the whole of society, and when you infer gender for someone who doesn't even know their own gender yet, you are continuing to let society run your life and someone else's- doubly wrong!

.... Try wearing a pink shirt in front of your friends and listen to what they would say

I've worn dresses in front of 'the guys', whose laughter ended quickly when I reminded them that it took more balls for me to be me than it did for them to let their buddies tell them what to do :o And it's very true! I remember some fashion column in a men's magazine from long ago stating that only the gutsiest men were comfortable enough with themselves to wear pink if they wanted to which actually makes pink a 'power color' for men :) If you belittle a man over his pink shirt, the reaction is likely to look like the scene of a disaster with you laying pummeled on the floor :lol: Just as I would have done to 'the guys' who snickered at me in my pretty dress :ninja: Wanna wear pink? Then do it and to he!! with what anyone else thinks. Don't let anyone but you run your life or you'll always get run over by lesser people :crybaby:

To the OP: Being a sissy makes one a sissy- not just wearing pink. If you want to be a sissy and wearing pink helps you feel that way then wear pink and enjoy it :wub: If you don't want to wear pink then don't, but don't let others make that (or any) decision for you :biker_h4h:

"You can't even run your own life, I'll be damned if you'll run mine!"-"Sunshine(go away today)" by Jonathan Edwards

Listen and Learn

Bettypooh

I like your obsrevations BettyPooh !. Even thou i am a sissy and have more pink stuff than anythig else iguess i would not chose to wear in public . In my red neck part of the woods lol !it is still not real popular here . But at the same time i do not put down or laugh at guys who do .I think of myself to be opened minded becuase of what i do if i wasn't then i would be a hypocrite which i am not . Also kudos to you for having the balls to wear a dress in front of your freinds I think that is very cool !! .

I guess what I mean to say is, as a baby, we don't really have much of a choice in our clothing. Whether we, as ABs, put it on or not, I kind of like to think with my clothing that it is put on by my parent. When shopping for AB clothes, I like to pick out what I think a parent would like on me. I guess it kind of stems into the whole feeling like a baby type of a thing where the choice is kind of taken out of the equation and made for me. Granted, in the end, I decide the clothes I buy, but I tend to try and aim for a taste that a mother would have for her baby, rather than something that moreso appeals to me.

Guess I'm just saying, in the baby world blue is the "traditional" color for boys as pink is for girls.

Yeah that is another point really is the fact that what you are wearing really isn't a "baby's choice", and they wear what has been put on.

Yeah the tradition for colours for baby's are blue for boys & pink for girls, but I'm sure mothers have put their child in pink if a boy and blue if a girl at some point you would think....

I don't know my mommy put me in this outfit. As a baby i had no choice. Does that make me a SISSY?

Well that is the question isnt it? If i was a baby and put in that I would throw a tantrum as dont like the frills haha :P

honestly im walking down the street or in the store or someplace and I see a guy or kid wearing pink...... usually a pink polo with the collar up my first reaction is "douche"

I'm a boy.....I think wearing pink is dumb for boys and you couldnt pay me to wear it!

• Like 1

You guys should see Korean fashion. Over here it is very popular for young guys (well actually guys of any age, but particularly the youth) to wear pink. Pink shoes, pink shirts, pink pants, pink ipods, etc. But I have noticed that Koreans don't really follow western standards much on what gender should do what - they all pride themselves on their appearance and some guys wear just as much makeup as girls.

Personally though it's not my thing. I like my men to look masculine and to me, pink in certain aspects is just not that. Don't flame me, it's just how I think. I could deal with my man wearing jeans, a white shirt and then having a light pink button up shirt over it. I've seen plenty of dudes do that and it looks nice.

However, I don't think I would ever want to see him in a pink onesie. Neither of us are interested in sissy, and he is a very stereotypical boy when he's little, I guess. I can't imagine him ever agreeing, and would probably fight tooth and nail if I tried to put him in a pink onesie. We have lots of pink stuff for me, but fortunately I am about a foot shorter so there's no way they would ever fit him. :P Like I said though, neither of us have any interest at all in that.

To be even more honest, I doubt, if I had one, that I would dress my own infant son in a pink onesie. Maybe if it was all that was clean but that's about it.

That all being said, I don't really think wearing a pink onesie would make you a sissy. Really, what we all do in this ABDL stuff is our own business and if it's what makes you happy, then do it. You're already wearing an oversized diaper, ya know? Who cares what others think if you decide to put on a pink onesie. Just my 2 cents.

I've had a number of people, upon seeing my metallic pink Crackberry Curve, comment along the lines that I must possess a lot of self-confidence to have such a device. I tell them it's 'executive_salmon' in colour. :P

BlackBerry_Curve_8330_Phone_Pink_Verizon_Wireless.jpg

Well fair play to you, but I get called a girl because I have a white iPhone!

white_iphone_3g.jpg

I didn't mean it like that silly.

Like if you're wearing pink undies, just don't wander up to random people and go "Hey, I'm wearing pink undies HA!"

hahaha I dont think I'd ever do that :roflmao:

I have purchased yellow, blue and the pink star plastic pants from ACD. It seems the yellow and blue tear fairly soon. So now I wear their pink star plastic pants every night....

CDL

Yeah the tradition for colours for baby's are blue for boys & pink for girls, but I'm sure mothers have put their child in pink if a boy and blue if a girl at some point you would think....

Oh yeah, I can even attest to that. Apprently, my mom and everyone else thought I was going to be a girl. My mother had a boy and was hoping for a girl. And she had all the "signs" of me being a girl. Didn't get an actual test done though. A lot of people bought her girl clothes at her baby shower. Well turns out I only had like 3 outfits that were not pink or purple. So for a couple days until they got more clothes. I wore some pink. :D

Not really ashamed. I was a baby. I didn't care lol.

Could be why I have a slight turn on for girl clothes though... doubtful I guess, but possible.

I don't like pink, EXCEPT when I'm in the mood to be really girly. I enjoy cross-dressing and can be a bit of a sissy myself. In private, pink tu-tus and other pink things are fine; as I said, I love to doll up. But I would not wear pink out-and-about in public. Just not my thing. In public, I mostly wear male colors (black, grey) and any blues or reds that I wear are always dark shades. Pink is, at the end of the day, associated as a female color and I've no desire to rock the boat.

totaly agree with Jabez i have had long hair for at least over 20 yrs and everybody has told me to cut it . i get everything to you look like a girl to your a hippy to if you got it cut you would look so handsome.

Oh, jeez, that old chestnut: "You'd be so handsome if you'd just cut your hair!" My mother says this to me every time I go home. I went through a phase in my 20s where I had short hair and by the time I got to 32, I was thoroughly sick of it and decided to grow it long again, and I've had it long ever since. I think I look much more handsome with long hair; I've gotta like what I see in the mirror. So, rock on, dude.

These days, I wear it sorta long-ish if not exactly long, but it's still a good 3 inches in length and I won't go shorter than that.

honestly im walking down the street or in the store or someplace and I see a guy or kid wearing pink...... usually a pink polo with the collar up my first reaction is "douche"

I'm a boy.....I think wearing pink is dumb for boys and you couldnt pay me to wear it!

*HUGS* Thank you, I pretty much have the same train of thought run through my head. whenever I see a pink polo with a white collar, my first instinct is to punch him. I'm not sure why, but it could just be from growing up in the city.(well suburbs of city but still, we were all little gang bangers)