LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need A Better Daytime Diaper

• 2 weeks later...

Since December or January, I've been almost 24/7 due to what I think is a back injury, although the MRIs haven't shown any significant damage. It's getting better, though. I've been both urinary and bowel incon and it's been a pain.

Having said that, believe it or not, I'm wearing Bambinos and the Quadro stuffer, and I can go all day with that combination. If I don't have any bowel incon that day, I can put fresh on in the morning before going to work, and not have to change until after I get home at night. Plus, there is no smell. However, my diaper does get VERY thick and heavy.

I've been using some inexpensive plastic pants to go over top of them, just in case I leak, but I really haven't had to use them for leak protection, because this combination isn't leaking.

The downside is that it's expensive. By the way, I use the Blanco Bambinos for this, but they are exactly the same price as the Secure Care Ultras or whatever they are. They're the same diaper. So, I'd prefer not to have any stripes or anything, just pure white, and that's what I use.

I'll have 40 ounces of coffee a day, plus whatever I have at breakfast and lunch, and may have up to five or six wettings before I change. Of course, if I mess, then I don't have a choice, I have to change, but on those days that I don't, I really like my Bambinos and the Quadro boosters.

Gary

I agree with the Abriform being the best . I have tried the Bambinos but just cant get them to work as well as the Abriform(Xplus by the way) I would not even consider changing brands , but the one thing about the Abriforms are they are inconsistent from case to case . They are always better than depends or tena but to be frank some cases are better than others.

By the way why go through the trouble of using a booster pad, just go with the better product. In my experience if you need a booster your just looking for trouble (in the day time) boosters lead to leaks because the elastic legs and waist dont seal as well with the added bulk of a booster

• 2 weeks later...

Most adult diapers are designed to be 'ultra thin' and for medical use. The reason is that the average incontinent person would require much more changes if the diaper is thin and nonabsorbent. Producers have complicated this by adding the thick absorbant diapers to the range - tena maxi, abri forms X plus etc... and the list is long and varied. However, most people dependent on diapers for protection within everyday life, find the extra thickness of a diaper is only suitable for nighttime, and daytime use is similar to waking arround with a pillow between the legs.

The only solution that I have found is to wear a thin diaper and use a diaper desingned for a baby as a stuffer. P&G and KimberlyClarke specilise in producing this type of product - Pampers / Huggies, but despite common belief, the larger the diaper is not usually the more absorbent. The size 4 in these diapers, designed for a baby that is primarily on a liquid or semi solid diaper tends to be able to suit an adults output better than the size 6. Yes, mathematically, a Size 6 can absorb more liquid, but on a baby where there is 'breathing room' within the diaper. A size 4 is designed to absorb faster, and can handle the compressed area on an adult.

Most adult diapers are designed to be 'ultra thin' and for medical use. The reason is that the average incontinent person would require much more changes if the diaper is thin and nonabsorbent. Producers have complicated this by adding the thick absorbant diapers to the range - tena maxi, abri forms X plus etc... and the list is long and varied. However, most people dependent on diapers for protection within everyday life, find the extra thickness of a diaper is only suitable for nighttime, and daytime use is similar to waking arround with a pillow between the legs.

The only solution that I have found is to wear a thin diaper and use a diaper desingned for a baby as a stuffer. P&G and KimberlyClarke specilise in producing this type of product - Pampers / Huggies, but despite common belief, the larger the diaper is not usually the more absorbent. The size 4 in these diapers, designed for a baby that is primarily on a liquid or semi solid diaper tends to be able to suit an adults output better than the size 6. Yes, mathematically, a Size 6 can absorb more liquid, but on a baby where there is 'breathing room' within the diaper. A size 4 is designed to absorb faster, and can handle the compressed area on an adult.

See, Baby Keiff, this is why I use the Pampers Cruiser Size 4 and not Size 5 or 6, as my slip-in disposable pad.

At first I selected the Size 4 because it felt less bulky between my legs. Even after I cut away the side flaps on the Size 5 and Size 6 they seemed excessively bulky. The more I experimented on weekends when it was not a problem if one of the slip-in pads were to leak, I found the Size 4 wicked up my urine dribbles faster. I should explain I am profoundly urinary incontinent, meaning I have no bladder control. Thus I probably do void urine more like a younger infant than the larger toddlers gaining bladder control who typically wear Size 5 and 6.

Since I am concerned if P&G finds out that incontinent adults are modifying Pampers as slip-in pads the price of the Pampers will go up, I have been circumspect discussing the properties of Size 4 vs Size 5 with P&G RD professionals. Within those communication limits the feedback I received is exactly what Baby Keiff provided.

At home I have worn a modified Size 4 inside a pinned gauze diaper instead of a Gerber Birdseye prefold as a soaker, or I used one Size 4 and one Gerber. This is especially helpful for my first bed diaper, since the swelling of the Size 4 when wet is comforting. The one or two gauze diapers I wear in the evening between work and going to bed seldom get very wet and I am used to the feel of the gauze and Birdseye. Also if I need a change during the night having a Size 4 as soaker is less important.

A combination that has not worked for me is the use of either a Size 4 or other booster with a conventional adult disposable. I find a standard Attends Breathable provides more capacity than I need while awake and moving because for comfort I will change it within 6 hours anyway. Never has one of the modified Size 4 leaked even if I did not change it within 4 hours and I try to change those every 3 hours.

@ babytommy1981 I found your post very interesting. Recently I've found my self in search for a good daytime diaper as well since I've been loosing control of my bladder recently. I wouldn't recommend secure plus briefs since they have hearts on them that are green. Right now im currently trying out the Tranquility brand line up and have found that they hold quit a bit of urine with no leaks yet :angel_not: . I well probably go with ether the slimline or ATN adult briefs of theirs. I'll try to get back to this topic and let you know which one I end up ordering a case of.