LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are The Next Genaration Ab/Dl'S Only Going To Be Interested In Cloth Backed Nappies?

There seem's to be some evidence that suggests your nappy preference comes from what you wore as a baby, we fall into two categories, cloth/plasic pants and plasic back disposable.... Do you think in the future we'll start seeing people who only wear cloth back nappies beause thats what they can remember from being a baby, they have a association already with them?

• Like 1

George not necessary, I was raised on cloth and Gerber pants and look forward to a good plastic backed disposable. My younger sister also wore cloth and Gerber pants and that is where I got my DL start. Sneaking her pants on when mom was not looking.

I have cloth diapers but for easy and convience go with disposable products.

• Like 1

I think it's possible, but not necessarily. I wore plastic-backed disposable when I was a baby and while I like them now, I also like cloth diapers immensely and I had no experience with them until I got back into this when I was around 15.

i would believe they would trend that way...but as long as ABDLS have comp like AB universe and bambino and poss others plastic backed diapers might be around for a while... even if the mainstream plastic backed diapers go away so future generations might be able to enjoy a good plastic backed diaper

From what I have read and noticed the trend tends to evolve with the diaper of the time. Usually what they wore or what they remember children wearing as they grew up.

The point here is that the next gen will most likely be attracted to Cloth Backed Diapers because those are the only ones they have ever experienced.

I believe a wore both cloth and disposable. I really hope our plastic-backed diapers don't diminish! I love them too much. I recently picked up a bag of cloth-backed disposable to try and I hate the feeling! Plastic backed are my ultimate fav and always will be. :thumbsup:

There seem's to be some evidence that suggests your nappy preference comes from what you wore as a baby, we fall into two categories, cloth/plasic pants and plasic back disposable.... Do you think in the future we'll start seeing people who only wear cloth back nappies beause thats what they can remember from being a baby, they have a association already with them?

Although since P&G started extensive TV advert commercials for Pampers in the late 1960s, people have written in parenting publications cloth diapers are old fashioned. Well, here it is 40 years later and in my city there is still a cloth diaper service. There is a wide choice of waterproof panties for infants and toddlers. Last weekend the Burbank, CA USA Toys-R-Us store had 6 dozen Gerber Birdseye weave baby pre-fold diaper on the shelf, and diaper pins close to hand. Clearly some parents still use cloth diapering.

What is very hard to find are current baby/toddler disposables with classic poly-plastic outer layer and sticky tapes. On store shelves what you find are many styles of cloth-like outer layer with hook and loop tabs (generic for Velcro) All current toddler and older kid pull-up (including GoodNites and Under Jams) have cloth-like outer layers. It has been 20 years since baby diapers using cloth-like were introduced as a premium-priced option, mostly for times when kids were active. Over time the price dropped because manufacturers found it costs them less to make cloth-like. The shelf-life is vastly longer and shipping damage is much less.

The older cloth-like generation is reaching 21 today. We must assume it will be sooner rather than later these folks who are AB/DL will prefer cloth-like.

Fortunately for the AB/DL who prefer classic poly-plastic disposable diapers, in adult sizes there are many reasons these must remain in production for the foreseeable future. AB/DL is a tiny fraction of the adult disposable industry, but a major share of adult diapers are bought for use by professional care givers of bed-ridden patients. At this time it is considered easier to change plastic diapers than cloth-like on a patient who is in bed. Shelf-life beyond a few months is not important to institutional buyers of adult disposables or most incontinent people living at home and perhaps changing themselves. So AB/DL rest easy for the moment.

All indications are that the trend is to make cloth-like disposables. Newer diaper making machines are intended to use cloth-like layers and apply hook and loop fastening tabs. Using older and slower machines will constantly increase the cost of poly-plastic adult diapers.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably there is some trend to that effect, but I think plenty of people will still like plastic-backed. I'm finding I like a lot of different nappies/diapers for contrast (except pullups and cheap, thin, leaky diapers like depends), including cloth occasionally.

It will be interesting to see, for sure.

I'm leaning towards people in the future liking cloth backed. This is because I have a strong nostalgic feeling toward plastic backed. And since this new gen is going into cloth they'll like cloth.