LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies - The Pics!

I'm just going to say this once -- and I won't revisit the issue -- but d_drew, please stop talking about ABU vs. Bambino, alright? This is about the Cushie, not about sounding off.

• Like 1

I'm just going to say this once -- and I won't revisit the issue -- but d_drew, please stop talking about ABU vs. Bambino, alright? This is about the Cushie, not about sounding off.

GOD, himself, has spoken....

:D

If they come out with a small size, or if the medium encompasses my twiggy range, I'll most definitely try them. Either way, they look awesome :)

In my experience the ABU mediums fit a little smaller than other brands, and if you put one of their thick boosters in they shrink down even more.

• Like 1
Guest NaughtyAshes

In my experience the ABU mediums fit a little smaller than other brands, and if you put one of their thick boosters in they shrink down even more.

Oh see now there is some good information. +1 for you. :)

Good to know. How is the sizing compared with bambinos as people tend to find the bambinos to be cut a bit small? (just so people have something to compare the sizing to)

Good to know. How is the sizing compared with bambinos as people tend to find the bambinos to be cut a bit small? (just so people have something to compare the sizing to)

I don't have any Bambinos on hand, but I just compared to a Secure X-Plus medium. The Secure's front and back panels were 2 inches wider each with the waistband stretched out than the ABU SDKs. The SDKs seemed to be a little longer front to back. I assume the Cushies will just be the SDKs with a different pattern.

Yeah, come on, I wanted to order today!!!! Is it ABU that said they'd be available now for sure or who? Had my hopes up.

Dirty rocker, notice all the others comparing the diaper to bambino here, hmmmmmmmm. Thank you very much :P

Yeah, come on, I wanted to order today!!!! Is it ABU that said they'd be available now for sure or who? Had my hopes up.

Dirty rocker, notice all the others comparing the diaper to bambino here, hmmmmmmmm. Thank you very much :P

I'm pretty sure I heard they where coming out on the fifth :P.

I'm pretty sure I heard they where coming out on the fifth :P.

Their own website says Feb 1st but that's on a hidden page you have to direct link to :P There's no date publicly stated on their site. So they haven't actually missed any deadline, self-imposed or otherwise. DD mentioned something about waiting for the container to come in the other day - it's quite possible that hasn't happened as quickly as is might have - sometimes customs (etc) can be a real PITA over stuff like this...

Patience is a virtue :)

I just ordered 20 of the new ABU Cushies.

I am excited about them coming, but they probably shouldn't have put a hard date in the Changing Times Newsletter, since delivery date has changed to the 20th of February.

The appearance is great and having tried ABU's other products I have been very happy with them.

I believe it has been stated, but each new product they have put out is better than the last.

I don't know how to post pictures on the site, but maybe wife does.

Excitedly waiting for delivery day.

FYI -

Both Bambinos and ABU run on the small size. I would suggest, if you normally wear mediums, to order large. But like all diapers, sizes varies and what might not fit on person will fit another. So I would suggest sample sizes are first. I wish both companies could make XXL sizes which would fit me more like the European brands (high on the hips.)

Oddly enough, I tried the Wellness brief which is much lower rise but had lots of "wing" to it. It actully fit me really well. Plastic was cool too - very smooth yet more fragile. Just an example of how sizes can vary just like styles. I would wear a large attends and I need XL in Bambinos and ABU. And the ABU didn't really reach the taping panel for me so... These might be better for smaller people. Just my observations. I like them all. But I miss the Attends from the 1980s - thick, fit well... Sigh... All in the name of progress...

FYI -

Both Bambinos and ABU run on the small size. I would suggest, if you normally wear mediums, to order large. But like all diapers, sizes varies and what might not fit on person will fit another. So I would suggest sample sizes are first. I wish both companies could make XXL sizes which would fit me more like the European brands (high on the hips.)

Oddly enough, I tried the Wellness brief which is much lower rise but had lots of "wing" to it. It actully fit me really well. Plastic was cool too - very smooth yet more fragile. Just an example of how sizes can vary just like styles. I would wear a large attends and I need XL in Bambinos and ABU. And the ABU didn't really reach the taping panel for me so... These might be better for smaller people. Just my observations. I like them all. But I miss the Attends from the 1980s - thick, fit well... Sigh... All in the name of progress...

Sadly, I wear a Bambino small and even that's quite big on me. I don't think I'll be able to buy Cushies at this time. :(

Maybe those that are too small for the mediums could try a technique to make them a little smaller.

On the back side panel you could fold it over on it self and then using packaging tape to keep it shortened up on the outside. This way the tapes of the diaper could still be used and wouldn't overlap each other. If you're not sure what I mean by folding it over on it self, I'll try explain a little better. Lay diaper plastic side up on floor. Keep middle of diaper in one place and push the taped end of the back panel towards the center of the diaper a few inches. The wings going to loop up in the air those few inches. Then just fold the loop over flat, tape it flat to the wing using packaging tape. Repeat to other side overlaping same as first side. Now the wings are a few inches shorter on the back creating less wrapping around the front. The front panels could just be tucked back or cut shorter since the aren't necessarily needed here. I know the mediums are probably also longer front to back but they'd probably just ride up above the waist more so no big deal.

Just an idea what you might be able to do to fit into a medium for the smaller group

• Like 1

I'll be ordering some in a couple days. SOOO excited. You know, for us that order large, ABU is only 30cents more per diaper over Bambino when ordering a case. Not too bad I think. Maybe not a "premium" diaper but they definately have a "premium" look to me that can't be touched and are still probably a pretty good overall diaper.

Oddly enough, Bambino and ABU's Large are the same price per diaper $2.05, when ordering bambino's 16 ct and ABU's 20ct, same price per diaper!!

Bambino Large = 48/case @ $76.75 = $1.60 each

ABU Cushie L. = 40/case @ $75.85 = $1.90 each

Bambino Large = 16/pack @ $32.76 = $2.05 each

ABU Cushie L. = 20/pack @ $40.95 = $2.05 each

I can see why you Bambino Medium wearers may be more upset over the prices of ABU since they price the M, and L the same.

Bambino Mediums are $1.38 each in a case of 48 and $1.78 each when 16 are ordered.

ABU Cushie Med. are $1.90 each in a case of 40 and $2.05 each when 20 are ordered.

---------------------------------$0.52 difference and ---------------$0.27 difference----------------------------

Hmmmm, hardest thing to decide is go with 2, 10, 20 or 40???? I'm thinking start out with the 20 to see how I like them. If I wind up reordering, I really only paid $3 extra for the smaller case to start.

Sorry to all my haters but I had to compare prices between the two, :D:P I'm sure some of you wanted a price comparison.

EDIT: Okay, okay, just realized you have to pay shipping on top of their prices. Looks like about $7.95 for a pack of 20 and $14.99 for a case of 40. This adds nearly $0.40 per diaper to the ABU's. :( Dang, now my numbers are all off. :crybaby:

• Like 2

Actually, from what I have observed, There isn't much to compare ABU with Bambino, since the basically are offering different products and have different business models, though the same 'target' audience.

Now, if you compare products from ABU And secure personal Care, now you have something more in common.

ABU evidently is trying to build / offer several products that have various levels of performance, much like the line offered already by Secure Personal care.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Secure personal Care has

A] Premium taped brief

(bottom base line product, for

moderate usage / incontinence) youth to XL

B] Plus taped Briefs

Heavier usage, inner leak guards,

adjustable tapes, size Med to XL

C] Secure Xplus (over night)

Heaviest duty, more SAP, Waistband,

Longer lasting over night extended wear product size small to XL

_____________________________________________________________________________________

ABU Offers

A] Super Dry Kids line 1 tape

Size Medium and Large

B] ABU Cushies 1 tape

Medium and Large (same absorbency and SDK product)

C] ABU Extra thick over nights

Size Med to Large

OK, so this is just a thumbnail sketch to compare the 2 products. Some unknown items, I forget if the SDK (origional) has stand up leak guards, I do know they didn't have a waistband. They do have limited sizing (medium and large only) the new "Cushies" are basically a repackaging (new outer shell) of the SDK, with no further improvements.

Performance, for me anyways, as I only tried the SDK (origional) and going by other reviews, is marginal. The SDK hold one(1) flood and thats about it. No SAP, or leak guards so they are (for me) a base line product. The compare with the Secure plus brief, which holds about the same, but which have standing leak guards.

I haven't tried the ABU over nights, I don't like the tape panel (U*G*L*Y!) though I 'might' order a sample, and 'might' again order a sample of the 'Cushies", but thats about as far as I believe I would go.

if this is being marketed as a 'premium 'designer' product, then it should perform as well as one too, but I was disappointed in the SDK that I tried. Bennetton came out with a 'designer' diaper for kids and it was a superior product that people (who had money) would clamor for, since they "looked great' but also performed better then the domestically available products (IE Pampers and Huggies etc) So I would expect the same from this product line, but it doesn't.

Now keep in mind, that i am A D/L and I have my 'technical' requirements that I need when it comes to diapers. Bambino and SPC products fill that bill nicely with both appearances AND performance. Abenas do the same, as many of us know. It might also be worth mentioning that ABena and Molicare offer different levels of products as well, each which perform to a certain level.

So thats just 'my' observation of the current state of the ABU vs Bambino discussion. Bambino only offers (1) diaper, but in 2 Different appearances, yet they both perform identically. So theres not much to compare. Thats why I chose instead to compare the apparently growing ABU line with that of the SPC line, since they apparently are trying to come up with several products that offer varying degrees of 'performance.....but I could be wrong *shrug*

Just my 2 1/2 cents on the topic at hand ;)

qwack

• Like 2

Can we not have a different thread, titled something like "Bambino vs ABU - Round 1 - FIGHT" for all this silly bickering? It's getting quite annoying now...

Anyway, the price per diaper for a ten pack of mediums is actually a rather eye-watering $2.89 once you've factored in the shipping ($4.95). I ordered some anyway and I'm looking forward to receiving them. They are NOT going to be a regular order for me at that kind of price but (1) for curiosity and (2) because they look great, I may order some from time to time.

I can't wait to curl up with a blankie, a bottle of chocolate milk, a t-shirt and a Cushie :D