LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Am Finally Moving Out! Yay

YEAH!!!! IM MOVING OUT!!!! I signed the lease for an apartment today! Yayyyyy!!!! Im gonna have like no furniture but hey whatever.

This means so much more freedom for my abdl side! woot! Any ideas on some of the things I should buy now that i am going to be on my own?

I am so excited!

-edit- Someone asked so, its 2 bedrooms, new wood floor in the kitchen and new carpet through the rest of the apartment. Its pretty nice. :)

if you want to donate to my moving fund then feel free to! Even if its just pennys! I am going to need to purchase couches and junk. (and diapers :P)

You dont have to give me anything but I thought it was worth putting in here.

Whooooooo! Good for you! :lol:

Hit up goodwill and other thrift shops for stuff. And garage sales are a gold mine for crap you will need. And the best part is that you can get your family to help out if they garage sale a lot.B)

Good luck to ya!:beer:

Thats probably where I will end up for some of the pots and stuff I will need. Thanks. :P

Whooooooo! Good for you! :lol:

Hit up goodwill and other thrift shops for stuff. And garage sales are a gold mine for crap you will need. And the best part is that you can get your family to help out if they garage sale a lot.B)

Good luck to ya!:beer:

This! Goodwill is awesome.

As far as ABDL stuff, I have two things to say:

1. No one wants to hear this after finally being free to do what they want, but concentrate first on furniture/house needs.

2. For splurges, it depends on what YOU want most, and what you can afford. Personally, I'd suggest getting the cheaper items first - bottles, sippies, binkies, little things, you know? OH, and at least one plushie and/or toy is a MUST, unless you really don't like them. In which case I don't know what your problem is. :P

~ moogle

Guest little_jonny

yup hit up goodwills, salvation (sp) army, yard sales, even auctions.. you will be surprised of what you find there. me and my mom went to on and got two nice chairs for $20 each. they dont recline but they are still good and rock some. good luck

craigslist... forget paying for stuff...craigslist is the way to go.. my friend got a brand new almost never used L shaped couch leather for $50 and they delivered....

congrats on your own place.

craigslist... forget paying for stuff...craigslist is the way to go.. my friend got a brand new almost never used L shaped couch leather for $50 and they delivered....

congrats on your own place.

Good call on CL. This is probably the way to go for a lot of the crap you will need.

where are you moving to that its only 325 a month? im paying slightly more than that to family here in ct, its about 750 without utilities for a shithole around here.

I live in cleveland TN so the cost of living is cheaper, its a 2 bedroom apartment downtown by the university and is in a nice area. (thats one of the things I have been looking for) the place itself is nice too. Wood flooring through the kitchen and hall and carpet in the bedrooms, both of which were just put in, they have not been lived on. I looked for quite a while for a decent place too.

This will sound "anal", but that should not be a surprise to an ABDL: <badump ching!> Do expect to scrimp as much as humanly possible; the advice on yard sales and freecycle and such is good, though I've known people who get into trouble hoarding through yard sales as much as I do people who get lost in credit. After a while you'll get a good sense of what housewares you use and which you need to toss.

Fortunately for an ABDL, the accouterments you need aren't a lot of money. (I have plushies and watch cartoons because I like them and not to fufill ABDL needs. Not into baby stuff so more of a DL myself, but still not an expensive fetish.)

Do watch your food/utilities/rent budget like a hawk for a while. Don't let yourself be surprised each Monday morning if you can help it. You will have unexpected expenses hit you from nowhere.

You will want to be anal about cleaning. It is the hardest thing for a single male to keep house (and just as hard for a single female; we just are conditioned to think women can "clean house" better.) but especially for an ABDL you will need to be scrupulous. Remember we are a minority and as with all minorities we need to work harder than others for respect.

I have been on my own for nearly 20 years after the death of my mom. Only thing I miss is, in her old apartment (for the disabled) there was a large bath for chair access and a hand shower. The hand shower I particularly miss and will probably buy one (you may, too.)

Good luck. Even in the "good old days" not everyone was ever able to live on their own, and it's no shame for people who can't.

Congrats!

I agree with all the advice given so far, though one thing I would add is, when buying ABDL stuff think about where you're gonna put it. I once bought 3 cases of nappies and realised when they arrived I couldn't store them all in my bedroom (I had to be creative there!!!). Living alone means you have a lot more freedom and privacy but there will always be times you'll want to have friends / family round and need to hide your ABDL stuff. I always try to find places that only I would go to, that are preferably easy to get to but also completely out of sight.

Good luck!

The rent is only 325 a month not including the utilities so i should be able to afford that, I dunno about the the stuff to fill it though. :P

Wow... That's more than I make in a month... Good luck with that...

Way to go!!! Good luck with the move, always easiest the first time...don't hardly have anything to move. First time I moved out it was two pick-up truck loads and a trailer. 5 years later it was a 20ft moving truck with several cars and trucks full!!

When word got out to family, friends and co-workers I was moving, a lot of them were right there willing to offer me some of their outdated or unwanted household items so I got a lot of hand me down stuff right away. It was kind of an excuse for them to get rid of some stuff or buy newer better stuff and feel good about the old stuff not going to waste. As time went on, I replaced the hand me down stuff with newer or better things as I could afford them and passed down the older stuff again to others or sold them for cheap on craigslist.

Eitherway, it's an awesome experience to move out and have a place to call yours nomatter what it is or what you have...it's yours!

Enjoy the freedom you've never experienced yet!! Good luck!

i live in indiana. we have a radio program that is free you can ask for stuff you are looking for like a washing machine. or what ever you need. what size diapers do you wear?

I wear smalls most of the time, I can fit mediums though. Im so excited, thanks for the response guys.

What do you do that you pull less than 325 a month?

Working on the farm... Working for my dad... No money in working for family, especially on an "as-needed" basis. It's incredibly good for learning financial responsibility, though... I'm in the process of going through what the call "vocational rehab" to help get a more consistent job, along with working on overcoming social anxiety.