LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab/Dl'S From History

I've often wondered if there have always been some equivalent of an AB/DL in human society. I know diapers haven't been used in there current form for that long, but I wonder if there were Native Americans that convinced their wives to let them pee their loincloths and suckle at their breasts. Or if some Ancient Greek person would wrap themself up in swaddling and drop a dio. What is the first reference to some one being a big baby? I thought I remembered reading something about Freud having a patient that was an infantilist, but I can't seem to find it now. I can't imagine what it was like being a ab/dl two hundred or a thousand years ago. We're all lucky enough to be in an age where we can communicate with each other easily and maintain our anonymity to a great extent. We don't even have to go to the store and be embarrassed buying diapers (unless you get a kick out of blushing in the check out line). I'll never forget the first time I got the nerve to type in a search for diapers online and finally learn at least I wasn't the only freak.

I've often thought about that too. I kind of wonder about any fetish.....way back when it had to be hard because without the internet, nobody knew of anybody else (for the most part) that would be into the same fetish. I think everybody probably felt very alone and figured they were the only freaks out there (similar to most of us before discovering the ABDL community on the internet).

If you can find any info about Freud having an infantilist patient, I woud be interested to read it :P

I'd imagin the fetish has been aroudn for quite some time, but espchally in the old days it wasn't very accapting for a grown man to act childish so he would be more scared to come out with it.

I've often thought about that too. I kind of wonder about any fetish.....way back when it had to be hard because without the internet, nobody knew of anybody else (for the most part) that would be into the same fetish. I think everybody probably felt very alone and figured they were the only freaks out there (similar to most of us before discovering the ABDL community on the internet).

If you can find any info about Freud having an infantilist patient, I woud be interested to read it :P

Well here it is.Freud wrote a book called,;Psychosexual Infantilism.Heck i read that back in the mid 70;s.Hope you find it.

Well here it is.Freud wrote a book called,;Psychosexual Infantilism.Heck i read that back in the mid 70;s.Hope you find it.

That was actually Wilhelm Stekel, not Freud, and it wasn't about infantilism the way we use the word. It was based on the idea that men go through a series of phases of sexual maturation, ending in monogamous vanilla heterosexuality, and so anything at all that wasn't monogamous vanilla heterosexuality was caused by someone being stuck at an immature level of development.

I remember I was terribly excited to find that book in my college library. It was quite a disappointment to read it.

During the 1970s and early 1980s Thomas J. Speaker was studying clinical psychology. He wrote a masters thesis on Psycho-Sexual Infantilism which was accepted and published by an Oregon (USA) university. When I joined DPF in 1990 they sold copies of Tom Speakers PhD dissertation also titled Psycho-Sexual Infantilism. He had written the dissertation while a PhD candidate at a Northern California university.

Wayne, can you provide the full citation for the putative Sigmund Freud book "Psychosexual Infantilism"? The professional research library I subscribe to cannot locate such a publication. Under such a title only the TJ Speaker thesis shows up since any library can request the loan of a copy. Apparently DPF is not considered a mainstream publisher of psychology texts. Lucky for me I own a copy of the dissertation and I have read the thesis.

As far as research tells us, the term "Infantilism" was not in use during Freud's career. The term spelled either Psychosexual or Psycho-Sexual also apparently was coined no earlier than 1960. Unfortunately that is too late for Freud.

I've often wondered if there have always been some equivalent of an AB/DL in human society. I know diapers haven't been used in there current form for that long, but I wonder if there were Native Americans that convinced their wives to let them pee their loincloths and suckle at their breasts.

I'm quite sure of it. I know there are some historical accounts of other fetishes back in antiquity; I don't know if infantilism is one of them, but I'm sure it existed.

I read once about a prince (of England, I'm pretty sure, but it might have been France), who had a nursery built for himself as an adult, and had himself treated as a baby. It wasn't exactly public knowledge, but everyone at court knew about him. I wish I could remember his name.

In the Muscogee language, the word for "diaper" is also used for "loincloth". Also, the verb form is almost exclusively used as "to diaper", rather than "to put on a loincloth". My ancestors were known to have a bit of a sense of humor, as the generic term for "rabbit" also means "hemorrhoids", so it could be that they were having a bit of a laugh at those who wore loincloths... Though, one could also point out that most loincloths look like diapers... So, it could very well be that some people who wore loincloths may have used them, or perhaps added a little extra material... There's also a term for "Acting like a baby" or "imitating a baby", which was in use long before the white man showed up. So there may have been a few ABs in my ancestral tree...

I think that this form of sexual fetish has to have been around forever. Pee has a natural pheromone in it that I am sure has been there since the beginning of time. People don't change and things like this don't just show up. I think that there has been some form of infantilism around for ever.

And yes we are lucky to be in an age when we can all talk about this.

I found out that I wasn't alone when I was 23. Got to love penthouse forms letters!

If you really think about infantilism, it doesn't always start out as "psychosexual." Many people (like myself) discovered an attachment to diapers way before puberty kicked in. It gave us a different kind of pleasure that was in our minds more than our bodies. I remember seeing diapers as more of a comfort and security item and an escape from growing up and accepting responsibility (and blame and all that other nasty stuff) long before wearing a diaper could physically cause an erection and the ultimate pleasurable ending. So I believe it is psychological FIRST and then it grows into something sexual as our bodies develop. Anyone agree? (My novel Bikini Twist is based on the lives of five people--all ficticious--that prove this theory).

I was lucky enough to find the Penthouse forums as well but I was probably 13 or so. Later I found a issue of Tommy of DPF fame in a Hustler I believe and immediately joined. Back then it was called Diaper Pail Fraternity. The name was later changed to make it more welcome for our female friends. It was a huge thing back then, and to wait every other month for the newsletter was about all I could stand. To come home and see the gray legal envelope was a immediate dash to the bedroom to get diapered and see what was new in our little world. I remember when female members joined it was like a whole new world. I do remember when Angela joined too, and that was a very special day for our community. :thumbsup: Her and Daddy Don are really great people, and have done so much for this community. :)

I think ab/dl (I hate the term infantalism)is more prevalent now, with tv, internet and disposable diapers. People being people and toilet needs being what they are, yes I think their has always been diaper play in some fashion throughout history.

That was actually Wilhelm Stekel, not Freud, and it wasn't about infantilism the way we use the word. It was based on the idea that men go through a series of phases of sexual maturation, ending in monogamous vanilla heterosexuality, and so anything at all that wasn't monogamous vanilla heterosexuality was caused by someone being stuck at an immature level of development.

I remember I was terribly excited to find that book in my college library. It was quite a disappointment to read it.

Well i never fail to admit it when im wrong.Your right.I looked all through Freuds books and could not find it.Opps

I was lucky enough to find the Penthouse forums as well but I was probably 13 or so. Later I found a issue of Tommy of DPF fame in a Hustler I believe and immediately joined. Back then it was called Diaper Pail Fraternity. The name was later changed to make it more welcome for our female friends. It was a huge thing back then, and to wait every other month for the newsletter was about all I could stand. To come home and see the gray legal envelope was a immediate dash to the bedroom to get diapered and see what was new in our little world. I remember when female members joined it was like a whole new world. I do remember when Angela joined too, and that was a very special day for our community. :thumbsup: Her and Daddy Don are really great people, and have done so much for this community. :)

Ah, yes. Too bad the site went downhill after Tommy started getting health problems.

I think that this form of sexual fetish has to have been around forever. Pee has a natural pheromone in it that I am sure has been there since the beginning of time. People don't change and things like this don't just show up. I think that there has been some form of infantilism around for ever.

Pee doesn't have to be a part of this. Personally, I find both pee and poop to be a turn-off. Though, there probly have been some who liked those, even back when our ancestors were living in trees and flinging their poop at eachother...

Also, I found some information that says that breast feeding used to be used for individuals who were unable to eat solid foods, due to injury or sickness... So, there may've been some of them who truely liked that, too...

It's probly a lot more prevalent in history than most people think. A possible example could even include mythological characters who were "born fully grown", depending on logical one wants to interpret such things... After all, if we look at that logically, they'd still perhaps take years to develop into adult mindset... But that's probly more grasping at straws at this point...

I think ab/dl (I hate the term infantalism)is more prevalent now, with tv, internet and disposable diapers. People being people and toilet needs being what they are, yes I think their has always been diaper play in some fashion throughout history.

I don't think that it's more prevalent than it's ever been... I think it's more of the fact that we can now communicate across previously unbridged gaps... I think that any of the more basic things (like furrydom, bondage, etc.) have always been with us at perty much the same level of involvement, but not necessarily the same level of perception or interaction... A good parallel would be our understanding of various diseases and "mental illnesses". For example, there have always been people with such things as migraines. But until relatively recently, we either didn't know about this conditions, or didn't understand it enough to know that it's a legitimate medical condition... Most often, throughout history, people suffering from migraines would either be thought insane or possessed...