LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shopping Cart Gokart

Hey All.. I know I don't post here much, but I figured I share with you one of the coolest things I've seen.

A guy at MIT built a GoKart out of a Shopping Cart...

One of my friends sent this to me and said...

It has been a common dream for boys to attend an auto racing, and now the coolest way to make that happen is to get a go-cart modified from a discarded shopping cart. A student from MIT did make a shopping cart run at a speed of up to 45 miles per hour, by equipping it with batteries and an engine and replacing its wheels. That’s cool!

Here are some videos on YouTube of the Cart.

- "Dancing in the Rain"

- "Around the Institute"

I'm kinda curious on what everybody else thinks of this.

EDIT: To add something to Link Name

Edited by vampiresdiaper7

Are you mechanically inclined and can use a welder? Or at the very least can understand basic engine operation and can do simple design work? Are you confident in your ability to source parts and improvise?:thumbsup:

It's like putting together a big puzzle. But none of the pieces are included, you have to find creative ways to get them to put them together, and in the end the puzzle makes a lot of noise and is moderately dangerous.:whistling:

Oh and did I mention the two foot long flames? Or the afterburners? B):P

Are you mechanically inclined and can use a welder? Or at the very least can understand basic engine operation and can do simple design work? Are you confident in your ability to source parts and improvise?:thumbsup:

It's like putting together a big puzzle. But none of the pieces are included, you have to find creative ways to get them to put them together, and in the end the puzzle makes a lot of noise and is moderately dangerous.:whistling:

Oh and did I mention the two foot long flames? Or the afterburners? B):P

Fire... Sounds good already!

Yeah. I'm mechanically inclined.. probably not so much a welder.. but I do work in the automotive some days.

Fire... Sounds good already!

Yeah. I'm mechanically inclined.. probably not so much a welder.. but I do work in the automotive some days.

So then I take it you understand how jet turbines work? And how turbochargers work? It may be prudent to take this to PMs if I am to explain how to build such things.

I'm not a great welder, but I can make it work. They just wont be pretty. But honestly if you can turn a wrench and improvise, you can make a jet.

So then I take it you understand how jet turbines work? And how turbochargers work? It may be prudent to take this to PMs if I am to explain how to build such things.

I'm not a great welder, but I can make it work. They just wont be pretty. But honestly if you can turn a wrench and improvise, you can make a jet.

Nope, Not a clue about Jet parts. Lol

Jets are actually very very simple. Plenty of video on youtube to help explain them.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ON0sVe1yeOk

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cLrj0MOhBmE

Now these are much more complicated than the junkyard version. But the principle remains the same.

Now the next question is; do you understand how a turbocharge on a car works?

Let me correct how mechanically inclined I am.. :P

I change oil, Brakes, tires, rack and pinions, and I've done a couple Fuel Pumps.

Lol

So no, I don't. Lol

Let me correct how mechanically inclined I am.. :P

I change oil, Brakes, tires, rack and pinions, and I've done a couple Fuel Pumps.

Lol

So no, I don't. Lol

Well at least you do that much. :thumbsup::P

Now watch this and try to see the similarities between a turbocharger and a jet turbine.

I much rather drive this one:

http://www.google.co...ved=0CA0Q9QEwAQ

That's for me when I go on a clothes shopping binge :roflmao: Funny that I've never heard of it- that's not too far from here :huh:

To the OP, there was a time when a civilian could buy obsolete surplus jet engines from the military ;) Most were disassembled for the scrap metal (titanium etc.) After WW2 for a short time you could buy surplus JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) rockets. These were solid fuel electrically fired rockets strapped to heavy prop-driven bombers taking off from short airstrips, providing 20-40 seconds of thrust. Most of these were used up by dare-devils who strapped them to cars for shows at racetracks where outrageous claims were made for the car's speed B) Lots of fire, smoke, and noise to please the crowds- a lot like the Jet Dragsters of today :) I kind of doubt that the government would sell such dangerous things today- some idiot would try something stupid, get hurt and file a lawsuit :bash: I guess making a Jet is fun, but making a rocket would be simpler- just bit more risky if things went BOOM :o

Bettypooh

That's for me when I go on a clothes shopping binge :roflmao: Funny that I've never heard of it- that's not too far from here :huh:

To the OP, there was a time when a civilian could buy obsolete surplus jet engines from the military ;) Most were disassembled for the scrap metal (titanium etc.) After WW2 for a short time you could buy surplus JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) rockets. These were solid fuel electrically fired rockets strapped to heavy prop-driven bombers taking off from short airstrips, providing 20-40 seconds of thrust. Most of these were used up by dare-devils who strapped them to cars for shows at racetracks where outrageous claims were made for the car's speed B) Lots of fire, smoke, and noise to please the crowds- a lot like the Jet Dragsters of today :) I kind of doubt that the government would sell such dangerous things today- some idiot would try something stupid, get hurt and file a lawsuit :bash: I guess making a Jet is fun, but making a rocket would be simpler- just bit more risky if things went BOOM :o

Bettypooh

As fun.. as building a rocket or jet sounds...

I think I'd end up arrested for just setting to what even LOOKS like an engine here..... the City of Valley Park has some really stupid laws....

Oh apparently outrunning a cop on a bicycle is a no-no in VP. Lol, the cop stopped me and asked me why I passed him.

Bettypooh

Hybrid rockets are unreasonably easy to make. Some plumbing fittings and a few household chemicals, put them together and you have a rocket. Strap that bad boy to a bicycle for some extremely dangerous fun! Which coincidentally is the best kind of fun.

Hybrid rockets are unreasonably easy to make. Some plumbing fittings and a few household chemicals, put them together and you have a rocket. Strap that bad boy to a bicycle for some extremely dangerous fun! Which coincidentally is the best kind of fun.

I'd have to take it FAR away from my house.. since I live next to the Police Station.