LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time You Bought Your Own

My first time I bought some Depends at a nearby Walgreens. Stood in line holding them and a couple bottles of pop. I was self-conscious about it, but figured I'd use the "for my dad" excuse if asked.

My most recent in-store purchase was a couple packs of Depends along with a shopping cart full of other things at Target. The clerk went through the process of ringing things up and putting them in shopping bags. That was until she got to the diapers. After scanning the first package she then asked me if I wanted my diapers in a bag. I said, "sure", she bagged them, and that was that. Not sure why she chose them of all things to ask me about.

Not sure why she chose them of all things to ask me about.

As opposed to bagging them without question or not bagging them without question?

A reason not that springs to mind is conservation.

A reason to would be to hide the nature of the product. (she probably figured that a person, especially a young one, didn't want to be seen carrying adult diapers regardless of reason).

I guess she just figured she'd let you decide.

Guest diapered67

Very good question, My official first time buying diapers was nerve racking....I had to walk around the store just to ensure I did not know anyone in the store before buying the diapers. I was in a longs drugs for about an hour pacing the isles in and out. Finally I grabed a bag of depends and walked up to the front of the store. I know I was sweating and was in fear that someone would walk into the store that new me.... I bought the diapers and got the hell out of there... asked for a double bag before walking out.

The next time I bought diapers, i drove across the island just to ensure I would not run into anyone...

Now a days when I run out of diapers at the house, I usually go diapered to the store and get a rush out of buying diapers today...

Thank you to all who have shared your experience...

Stay diapered

I'm not sure of the exact order but these are the first few buys I had in my life in the order I think they were in.

In 1999 I was 16 years old and finally got my license. It was also the year that GoodNites XL came out and I remember just being so excited to see a diaper that was so mainstream and fit a person 125+lbs. I couldn't get over that thinking of all the people that could fit into those I knew from school. Anyway, I have sisters and both parents that were always home and I didn't know how I was going to pull off buying and bringing diapers into my home. I knew if I was going to ever buy diapers, it'd have to be late at night and somewhere nobody would really recognize me. Then I found my chance. The stars were finally going to aligned for me as I discovered I'd be home alone the whole night for the first time in my life. I was also finally old enough to drive and had a vehicle of my own so I decided it was then or never. I came up with a plan prior to the night by myself of what I was going to do. Living in a close neighborhood and neighbors knowing I was home alone, I had to come up with some excuse for why I may be leaving the house at 3am in case the next day a neighbor asked and or told my parents so I came up with the excuse in my mind that I wasn't feeling well and went and got something to help that from the local 24hr grocery store. I set my alarm and got up and left with butterflies in my stomach so bad I couldn't help it. I got to the store and found the goodnites I wanted, the largest size pack they had and got the guts to finally make it to the register but not before scoping out the large store and getting something for my "upset stomach" too as an alibi. I had contemplated buying real adult diapers there, Depends, but decided on the goodnites instead as these would more easily be explained and were somewhat less embarrassing for me to buy I felt. The cashier said nothing as I checked out and I acted all calm and cool. There were other people who were in front and behind me in line but I just felt like I got a few glances and nothing more. Once home with my prize, I tried it on not knowing whether or not it'd fit as I was probably nearly 200 lbs and 6'2". To my amazement, they fit without ripping at all. They were fully stretched and it was a little short front to back but it was the first diaper that I wore since I was baby that actually fit without modification. I use to take baby diapers from the closet, mom did daycare, and make taped together makeshift diapers but this, this was so awesome. They were kind of narrow in the crotch too and I had to be careful about wetting them especially if I was aiming up or out to the sides. I wore them a lot without wetting them as I didn't know how long before I'd get anything else.

I believe the first package of adult diapers I bought was at a local pharmacy about a mile from my house. I "ran some errands" and went there early one morning to buy them. I had been scoping out this very large package of Medium size attends, the ones from 1999 of course. The packaging and information I had seen about them online was just such a draw to me. The three blue tapes on each side and the smooth looking plastic bag they were in, not to mention, a lot of the first diaper girl photos I'd seen online were women wearing these exact diapers. There weren't a lot of diaper lover websites then or photos of adults wearing them. I decided I just had to have them. I did a loop through the store which was in kind of an indoor mall like setting with a small cafe right outside it and a hardware store. Nobody, I recognized, I had to act fast or I'd chicken out so in the pharmacy part I swooped in, grabbed the diapers, went to the register and paid. The bag had a built in handle and after paying, the lady just left it like, here you go, carry it outside now. I somewhat panicked inside going, I can't go outside carrying this huge bag of diapers. I asked for a bag and she said, I don't think I have one that'd fit it. My mind was racing and I contemplated returning them right when she said, Oh here, I think this one will work. Thankfully for me it was right around Christmas and they had these huge plastic bags that they fit into no problem. I thought, oh thank God, and now I just couldn't wait to get them home. I went out and did some more shopping for x-mas gifts and when I got home, I told everyone to not look as I was bringing present up to my room for them so they all turned away as I carried my diapers and some gifts (not a total lie) to my room. HOME FREE!!! On a side note, I was sooo worried about getting in a car accident too with these diapers in my truck and having to explain that. Oh man, what a worry wart.

Anyway, I also went to a Walgreens and got a bag of the store brand "overnight" diapers which were just junk and the tapes would hardly stick. This may have been my first adult diaper buy but it doesn't stand out too much, just remember buying them and thinking these aren't all that great but better size wise than the goodnites and were true adult diapers.

Lastly, there was a place I frequently visited. It was a very small drug store, with about four aisles that were short enough to look over. I would wonder the store, late at night and wait for everyone else to leave except the pharmacist who was at the back of the store filling orders. There was a register at the back of the store where she was at. I would act like I was looking at an item the next aisle over from the diapers but face the diapers section while "reading" a package label or something. I would do this when people were in the store so I knew when I got the chance, I could quickly grab what I needed, pay and leave without taking time finding what diapers I was going to get. Once everyone was gone, I'd grab and pay. I remember buying depends, regular and overnights, first ones I bought were green. I also bought some Tranquility there, they had some sample packs at times I bought and once got some belted undergarments. What a strange feeling it is having those things on. I'd say I bought from there four to six times or so. It was always the same lady there who I bought from and I'm sure she figured out my routine after a while but kept her professionalism and never said a word.

A year or so after my first diaper buy, I had found a diaper warehouse that sold adult and baby diapers. They didn't have a store front and were mainly just online but I would get a hold of them over the phone and ask if I could come to see what they had. They allowed people to do this so it wasn't a big deal to them and you could save on shipping. They just had some tables and a few small shelves set up in a big empty building with cases of mainly baby diapers all around. They had a lot of sample packs and opened packages on the tables and shelving that I often bought for a greatly reduced price as they didn't sell these online. This is mainly why I went there. Some of what they had wasn't mainstream items either which was kind of cool too, getting something not everyone could, just something the mfg sent to distributers. The owner was probably the first person to see my diapers as I always wore them underneath my clothing and I know they peaked out a couple times as we were up and down the inventory looking at what there was. I know she knew they were for me but neither she nor I made a big deal of it and it was nice to openly talk about adult diapers for myself with somebody. I even changed my diaper there in there bathroom once, I asked permission to use the restroom before I left which she said was fine and I put a fresh diaper I just bought on and took my used and other new ones with once done.

It was a lot of footwork back then, now I'm happy I can just order and have delivered whatever I want to my own doorstep. Still think about those first few years and all the butterflies I got getting my next stash of diapers and the thrill of getting them. It's almost too easy now but anyway, that's my story!

I'm surprised so many people here remember their first time buying adult diapers with such clarity. For me, I remember the feeling of buying adult diapers back in the '80s, but I don't remember THE first time.

But the feelings don't change much from person to person, it seems. More than butterflies, it feels like you have bats in your stomach and your legs are made of jelly. You look at the checkout counter to see how long you'll have to stand there, holding the most embarrassing thing you can buy, and wait for the line to disappear or at least diminish.

When you finally make a break for the counter, you pray no one slips in front of you, prolonging the agony, or behind you, in clear sight of your diapers.

When you get up there, after what seems like a mile, you pray the diapers scan okay and that they don't have to do a price check over the PA (I've actually had this happen).

When you've paid for the diapers, you get out to your car as quickly as you can. Once there, you either break open the package right there, and enjoy the smells and feeling of nirvana, or you get home as fast as you can.

Once you get home and can finally put one on, you realize it was all worth it. The soft caress against your most sensitive areas, and that secure feeling that almost begs you to let go, to stop worrying about anything. It's okay, the diaper seems to say, you don't have anything else to worry about right now. Relax and let all your cares drain away.

I miss the incredible rush of buying diapers, but there is freedom in not caring anymore. I like home medical stores because you're unlikely to run into anyone you know, and because you can talk openly about the fact that the diapers are for you. Just changing the pronoun from "he" to "I" changes the whole conversation, and I find it thrilling.

-RMS

i went to wal mart.

got some diapers

some wipes

some powder

a pacifier

some wipes

a bottle

wentto check out

chit chatted with the cashier - i had a class or something with her

took my purchases and went home

was not nervous, scared etc..

there was no planning other than the prerequisite " i think i'll go to the store and buy some diapers" thought

I was about 14 years old and I finally scraped enough cash together to make a mail order purchase from DPF. I bought the disposable diapers they offered. In retrospect the diapers were of poor quality (same as a generic grocery store brand) and I'm pretty sure I paid about twice what they were worth.

It took about a month for them to show up at my door, I spent that month on pins and needles. I also spent that month thinking of a cover story for my parents, as to why I had a large package being delivered under my name. Eventually they showed up and my cover story was pitiful at best. My mother's curiosity got the better of her and I was "found out" by her snooping through my closet to figure out what exactly her child was buying.

I still remember that original rush from the first time I strapped on an adult diaper. I could only compare it to the first time a person discovers masturbation, or tries drugs. You spend the rest of the time chasing that original feeling, that original butterflies in the belly and goosebumps on your arms sexual adrenaline. Each time the experience is replicated the original thrill is diminished a small amount. I still love my diapers and I would not give them up for anything, but I do not know if ever I will be able to feel that first time excitement again.

As opposed to bagging them without question or not bagging them without question?

A reason not that springs to mind is conservation.

A reason to would be to hide the nature of the product. (she probably figured that a person, especially a young one, didn't want to be seen carrying adult diapers regardless of reason).

I guess she just figured she'd let you decide.

Bagging them without question. She automatically put everything else in bags without question, including a couple items that were bigger than the diaper packages. The diapers were the only thing she asked about, which was why it seemed odd.

Same reason they ask if you want your milk jugs in a bag. They are bulky and have a handle.

There are no handles on the diaper packages. And she didn't ask about the bigger, bulkier items

in my shopping cart - she just went ahead and put those items in bags.

Interesting story, Brudda. But you never said what happened with your mom. How did she react? What did you say to her? Does she know you still wear? What's the story there?

-RMS

Truth be told I don't even remember what I told her the package was. I remember telling her to mind her own buisness eventually and then leaving the house in a huff. So of course she took it upon herself to do some snooping to get to the bottom of things. Once she saw her teenage son had adult diapers hidden in his closet she had a frank discussion with me. I answered a few questions about what I was doing with diapers in my closet. I gave a brief run down on what the fetish was all about and she was obviously disgusted. I was called a few names and told it was probably just a phase. It only came up once or twice more in my youth and only very briefly. It appears my folks had about as much desire to talk about this as I did (which means no desire whatsoever). It was just kept as a silent secret. I kept buying diapers (no longer online) but my folks no longer brought it up. I suspect they knew (and probably still know) but figured it was just one of those things best left alone.

I hope that answers your questions.

Voodu

I was in sixth grade and rode my bike down to the nearest gas station that had a mini-mart in it. I picked up a orange box of Pampers and paid for them. I asked for a bag, but to my disbelief, they didn't have any big enough for the box of diapers :o . At that point since I had no choice, I just attached them to the "rat trap" cargo carrier on the back of my bike and proceeded to peddle to a predetermined spot close to home. Luckily, I didn't come across anyone I knew on the ride.

When I got to the predetermined spot, a place in the nearby woods I opened them up and took one out. it was total euphoria :D since I was in the woods, I couldn't do much with it there and I just stuffed the one diaper down my pants and rode home leaving the box behind in a safe place. When I got home, I went to my bedroom and tried putting on the diaper. It didn't fit which was no surprise but I really liked it anyway. :thumbsup: Next I had to get the remaining diapers home. So i went and found an old grocery bag, the paper kind and went back to the woods to retrieve them. I stuffed the box down in to the bag and walked back home. I had to sneakily walk to the far corner of my house where my bedroom was and hide the bag in the bushes below my bedroom window. Since there was no way for me to bring them in through a door without getting caught. Next I went inside and opened my bedroom window and pulled the bag inside. B)

I pulled every diaper out of the box and rolled around in them as if it was hundred dollar bills. I then stuffed one down my underwear to make it fit the best i could and laid down on my back trying to pee in it. I couldn't :crybaby: so i just rubbed it all over until I exploded into orgasm. I did this twice more in about a half hour span. For the rest of the night I held my pee until i was bursting and then i was finally able to let it fly in the diaper. oh my god that felt soooo good! I rubber it all over again and exploded into orgasm for the 4th time in as many hours. :P I wore those diapers every night wetting in them before I went to bed until they were all gone. Then I did nearly the same thing only the next time I got Huggies and I liked them better.

I was probably around 12 yrs old, and I had to ride my bike to town to get them. It was at a Ben Franklin's and they were either Attends or Depends but they came in a box back then. Yea I was really scared and worried someone would spot me on my ride back home. I can not remember not being attracted to diapers...

I had obtained a few here and there and by obtained, sadly I mean stole. My first pack I was actually rescued from the garbage. I was always peaking in the dumpster for cool stuff, Once I found at least 1/2 pack of brand new XL diapers, guess someone got potty trained. Anyway I couldn't just leave them there so I claimed them. My family was preparing a trip to California, and I was pretty excited about going. However with my new found treasure I went into this whole thing about being old enough to stay home alone, my folks didn't get it as they knew I wanted to go. I raised a big stink (no pun intended) about being too old for family trips and basically was obnoxious enough my parents let me stay home alone. I had to assure them I was drinking or doing drugs, which I never did so it was an easy sell. I ended up getting the place to myself with a dozen or so diapers to play with, woohoo. I used them all and disposed of any evidence. I still got lots of questions un their return and just said I did a lot of thinking and enjoyed being my own man (if they only knew).

I don't remember my first adult diaper purchase but it was after I moved out.

I only had a comment one time, I bought some adult disposables at a thrift store and the clerk said "enjoy your pampers" with kind of a knowing look. Caught off guard I fumbled out a muttered thank you, that probably confirmed her suspicions. I secretly want to get some comments but only have that one time.

• 4 weeks later...

When I was 17-18. I hesistated far too long. However, I got tena flex at a store. It was straight forward, reliable and although a little embarrasing (it always is), it was well worth it. They were very second-rate, however, and a few months later I got some proper molicares.

My first time was at 17 or 18... it was summer and I was home from college. I didn't have a car, but at a Walgreens a few miles from my home I'd noticed a display of trial-size two-packs of depend briefs (which were fairly new on the market at the time), which were small enough to fit in my backpack. I spent days working up my nerve, and then finally took the bus over there, picked up one of the little one-dollar boxes, and took it to a cashier. Luckily, no one else was in line. Unluckily, the cashier was an attractive girl not much older than me, and I waited tensely for the inevitable disgusted stare as she took in what I was buying. Instead she rang them up, put them in a bag, took my money and made change without even seeming to notice what they were. Which, of course, is what nearly always happens. :)

I still get the butterflies a little bit now, but not like then. And I've gotten to kind of like the butterflies anyway.

Cool thread!!!!

First time as a kid:

Well if mom buying them for me while doing the weekly shopping doesn't count then we will go with my first experience by myself. ( Mom bought toddler disp for my to tuck into my underpants at night so I wouldn't soak the bed. You can read my story about this in the story section. )

I stayed home sick from school, probably sixth grade, so I was 10. I rode my bike to the local grocery store and bought a huge bag of store brand toddler disp in the largest size they had. I never said a word to the checkout lady, even though I got a stare down! I just paid her and left on my bike. A 10 year old boy riding his bike a mile home with a huge bag of disp toddler diapers hanging from my handle bars, what a sight! So I get home and rip the bag open and enjoyed those for a few weeks. I couldn't fit in them of course, but did have a fun time playing!

As An adult I have the funniest story:

I was buying at the local CVS or something like that, a big bag of Attends. I was blindly walking up to the counter to stand in line and who do I see right there in front of me? The kids that I was babysitting for AND their mother!!!!!! I almost died. Thank god there was a rack of candy or something that I went behind and then did a tear around the corner into an isle where I could watch the checkout. They never saw me, but DAMN that was close. I mean how the heck would I have explained that one?

Now I sew my own cloth diapers and buy everything I need online. What a life saver, although I buy a lot of cloth at the local cloth store and the ladies there always want to chat about what I'm making. I told one once, but didn't say they were for me. She was surprised that a guy would know how to sew, let alone, diapers.

When i was about 14 or 15 in the middle of summer vacation my parents went away for a couple of days and my brother being older they left us alone. He was staying at his girl friends all the time so i got up the courage rode my bike to a mini mart bought a purple box of pampers. I brought a garbage with me because i had been casing them out for a long time! and knew how big the box was. I raced home hardly even able to breath adrenaline WOW!!. they were to small bummer but i figured out a way to cut and tape them together and after some xperimentation i got them to look like a real diaper. I was eventually able to get the nerve to wet and mess they ended up working pretty darn good !! These days it's tenas and depends but im going to try to start ordring hopefully online yo try better brands

I think I was 16 and I had my Driver's License. I went to a Wal-Mart since they are huge and anyone can blend in there. I had scoped them out like I was robbing the place for weeks. I would go by look at them sometimes pick them up when no one was looking and read the package.

I finally got up the nerve to buy them so I grabbed them and made a bee line to the check out lines. I chose one with an older woman as the cashier since I figured she was the least likely to judge given that she had probably seen everything imaginable in life (or so I thought). When I got there they switched her out for a break and a young attractive girl in her early 20's took over. I shrank 'Dear God' she scanned them, placed them in a bag I paid and nothing at all happened not a look or any reaction.

I got them home and they really sucked for 'general use', but for 'play time' they were better than anything I had experienced. I bought them a few more times from the store and didn't hesitate or even think about it again.

The first time I ordered online I learned what a 'real' diaper was and never bought from another store again.

I left softball open gym and I decided to stop at the grocery store to buy diapers. I was real nervous. I walked to the aisle and grabbed a pack and I pretended I was getting them for someone. I paid $11.99 for the diapers and left. I felt so happy in my life and I couldn't believe I did it.

I remember buying a packet of Huggies for Toddlers from the local pharmacy, and saying that I was doing my neighbour a favour (not that I reckon anyone would have cared either way, as I would have been about 17 at the time). I went back a month or so later when I knew nobody was home and grabbed a pack of Depends, (for my grandmother, I volunteered so helpfully, and was then known as a "kind young man"), which were pretty rubbish from what I remember. I have seen been buying from the internet suppliers, and eBay as well. As long as they arrive in discreet packaging, nobody asks any questions...

I remember practically laying an egg both times between walking into the store and walking in my front door, although the stress was gone within minutes of walking in the door both times (although with the Huggies I had to tape them together and then on me with electrical tape, it still felt good...). I don't think I've ever transitioned from walking in the door to fully diapered, wet and messy so quickly.

Kicked the crap (bad pun) out of the homemade ones with white garbage bags and toilet paper, which I had been using once a month prior to that (usually too afraid to wet unless I was home along for an extended period and it was REALLY well stocked... Upside was they could get so thick I couldn't walk. Doing the same thing with Abena's is a little bit more expensive!