LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Pins With Disposables

I heard about this trick years ago. Read about it again yesterday at Fetlife. Adding a diaper pin through your disposables tapes will prevent the tape from popping or causing the plastic top from stretching out and ripping.

I wear Tranquility ATN's with a Huggies Overnite size 5 as a stuffer. Sometimes one of the top tapes will pop during the night. More so for me are problems with the bottom thigh tapes. I like to make my diaper tight. So when applying the thigh tapes the plastic starts stretching and ripping right away. Especially right before putting on the waste tapes I lift my butt and pull the diaper up to from the back to get the diaper in the the groin tightly. This is where the ripping may occur.

Last night I put on 4 pins for all the tapes. The trick here is to pin the tape as soon as you apply it, keep the pin open and in your lips to use.

Not only does this keep the tapes in place but it keeps the diaper the way you want it, the diaper didn't move at all last night. Right now with the Huggies swollen, the diaper still stays perfectly in place with no sagging!

Phil

post-8840-12608010235184_thumb.jpg

post-8840-12608010235184_thumb.jpg

Someone gave me some old First Quality medium size diapers last week. I'm a large and I had to cut the thigh tapes since it wouldn't fit. So now I have a nice looking old fashion adult diaper that is like the baby 2 tape diaper. The tapes hold up well accept for where they are attached in the back, they would pop off after a few hours.

So I used a large pin, I have the pin not only in the front but the back as well. So now just like my Tranquility the tapes stay in place and by doing this no sagging of the diaper. This shot shows my diaper a couple of hours later and I was out doing lots of walking. Last week before the tape popped in the back they started to sag right away.

Phil

post-8840-12608131910962_thumb.jpg

post-8840-12608134708513_thumb.jpg

post-8840-12608131910962_thumb.jpg

post-8840-12608134708513_thumb.jpg

You made your own two tape diaper!! Wow, guess I never though of trimming the side panel and cuting the bottom tape off, what a great idea. Surprised nobody I've seen has mentioned this before. Like the pin idea too but for me, I guess the only time I get one to come loose is when my velcro cloth diaper tapes snag the flannel sheets and pull them right off. Sometimes I just wear boxers or pajama pants to cover the tapes so it doesn't happen.

I use diaper pins with my disposables quite often. When the the tapes loosen or it pops off it sure comes in handy. I've found that on the Molicare's or the Abena X-pluses that the tapes will pop off after a while and when they do it usually rips a hole in the diaper.

You made your own two tape diaper!! Wow, guess I never though of trimming the side panel and cuting the bottom tape off, what a great idea. Surprised nobody I've seen has mentioned this before.

i do that all the time, cut off the bottom tapes. take a look at my avatar picture :thumbsup:

A week later now, I'll make this the last post on this subject unless someone wants to continue the discussing. Have to say the pins have never failed or caused a problem. I'll never put on another disposable without pins! They keep the diaper up even when wet.

This photo is from this morning, this is my night time diaper 14 hours later and soaked. This is after working in the garage and it is also hosting a Huggies size 5 Overnite as a soaker.

Summary, prevents the tapes from popping, prevents the plastic film from stretching or ripping, keeps the back up high and the diaper from sagging even when wet. Also I sleep better, the film on the sides don't shift causing me to wake up at night.

The pin says it all!

post-8840-12613469558261_thumb.jpg

post-8840-12613469646296_thumb.jpg

post-8840-12613469558261_thumb.jpg

post-8840-12613469646296_thumb.jpg

How many of us remember when disposable diapers did not have sticky tapes? Originally you had to use pins to fasten disposables.

Of course it turned out to be the sticky tapes which became a major selling point for Pampers.

When I bought my first Attends in August 1981 those did have 2 sticky tapes per side. The first week, when I was getting used to sleeping in Attends, I put a diaper pin through the top tapes, just to be sure. Similar to the way PhilDL uses pins. Then I tried it without the pins and the tapes held fine. Still, I took a couple of dozen diaper pins with me to university.

• Like 1

I don't remember disposables with pins. I bought my first Pampers {yeah, the box with the great baby powder smell} in 1976 or 77.

Phil

How many of us remember when disposable diapers did not have sticky tapes? Originally you had to use pins to fasten disposables.

Of course it turned out to be the sticky tapes which became a major selling point for Pampers.

When I bought my first Attends in August 1981 those did have 2 sticky tapes per side. The first week, when I was getting used to sleeping in Attends, I put a diaper pin through the top tapes, just to be sure. Similar to the way PhilDL uses pins. Then I tried it without the pins and the tapes held fine. Still, I took a couple of dozen diaper pins with me to university.

Most of my family was anti-disposable when I was a child. According to history there were paper diapers for sale in the 1940s. In the late 1950s infant disposables with a poly-plastic outer layer hit the market. We were returning from a trip to Yosemite Park in August 1972. My youngest sister Missy was almost 3, but had gotten sick enough her poop was runny. With our supply of clean gauze diaper dwindling, Mom asked Dad to stop at a Fresno supermarket. Mom bought a box of Pampers. Those did not have sticky tapes, so Mom had to pin them on Missy. Just to be safe Mom also covered the Pampers with Gerber vinyl panties that Missy routinely wore over gauze diapers.

Due to Mom's anti-disposable thinking we did not discuss developments with Pampers. I think it was sometime in 1973 that I saw a magazine ad bragging that Pampers no longer required pins. Our Dad was assigned to management training at his employer's Davenport, Iowa plant in June 1976. Shortly before we left I remember my favorite Aunt Betsy putting a Pamper on her infant son Nathan. During the long drive to Iowa I was always wearing gauze diapers and Gerber panties. A few times in ladies rooms I saw women changing babies and kids into Pampers or similar disposables with poly outer layers and sticky tapes. By then hardly anyone we saw on the trip was using cloth diapers except us.

The sudden acceptance of baby disposables with sticky tapes must have come as a huge shock to Curity and Dundee.

I don't remember disposables with pins. I bought my first Pampers {yeah, the box with the great baby powder smell} in 1976 or 77.

Phil

So was there a reinforced area where a regular diaper pin was attached?

I wonder if anyone has a picture of them?

BTW, I highly recommend that everyone try them!

Phil

Most of my family was anti-disposable when I was a child. According to history there were paper diapers for sale in the 1940s. In the late 1950s infant disposables with a poly-plastic outer layer hit the market. We were returning from a trip to Yosemite Park in August 1972. My youngest sister Missy was almost 3, but had gotten sick enough her poop was runny. With our supply of clean gauze diaper dwindling, Mom asked Dad to stop at a Fresno supermarket. Mom bought a box of Pampers. Those did not have sticky tapes, so Mom had to pin them on Missy. Just to be safe Mom also covered the Pampers with Gerber vinyl panties that Missy routinely wore over gauze diapers.

Due to Mom's anti-disposable thinking we did not discuss developments with Pampers. I think it was sometime in 1973 that I saw a magazine ad bragging that Pampers no longer required pins. Our Dad was assigned to management training at his employer's Davenport, Iowa plant in June 1976. Shortly before we left I remember my favorite Aunt Betsy putting a Pamper on her infant son Nathan. During the long drive to Iowa I was always wearing gauze diapers and Gerber panties. A few times in ladies rooms I saw women changing babies and kids into Pampers or similar disposables with poly outer layers and sticky tapes. By then hardly anyone we saw on the trip was using cloth diapers except us.

The sudden acceptance of baby disposables with sticky tapes must have come as a huge shock to Curity and Dundee.

Mom does not remember there being any reinforced places on those 1972 Pampers. Apparently the poly-plastic layer was more robust and probably thicker than modern disposables. Although I did not notice it at the time, supermarkets and most stores sold sticky tape in rolls in the same shelf as Pampers. That was called "Diaper Tape" which continued on the market long after sticky tapes were standard on disposables.

Jeeze. So finally somebody, for once, understands what an actual diaper pin is for? After what, three DECADES? Duct tape? What the hell for?

Honeywell6180