LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fetish Hoarding

Someone mentioned diapers in the show hoarders. It got me thinking. I remember growing up and reading about fetishism in the old psychology manuals. It talked about how the objects that were desired were hoarded and used for sexual fulfillment. I reasoned that I didn't have a fetish because I didn't hoard diapers but I did use them for sexual fulfillment. Then when I read stories about people with shoe and panty fetishes having closets filled with them I figured it was something else. I think the definition changed and now I qualify as a fetishist even though I don't keep diapers. I wonder if there are people on these boards that do hoard diapers, like even keeping used diapers? I remember wayyy back in ASFD days there was some guy who went around hoarding other peoples diapers, like taking them out of trash cans. I don't know what to call that.

Also, those who are really into the hobby of collecting diapers may have hundreds of different kinds of diapers at their house. I wonder if that counts as hoarding? You know, one mans trash is another mans treasure. I guess what probably clinically means hoarding is when there is some kind of physical problem brought on by it, like not being able to enter a room or getting evicted. I guess moderation is the key and knowing when to stop and clean is part of it. I think maybe if I was in some kind of clinically depressed state I probably wouldn't care to clean anything and then I might be a hoarder. Any thoughts? Anyone here hoard diapers?

SDB

It depends on how you classify hoarding... Around my place in July and January, one could say that I was hoarding diapers... Come December and June, my stash is lucky to be half a bag... Some of us just stock up on resources to avoid multiple trips or whatnot... It certainly saves on gas for me.

Well, I think there's a fine line between "hoarding" and "collecting". I like to collect different diapers from different companies but usually use all but one and save just the one. Eventually though, I use up the one and move on as I'm not much for saving anything for a long period of time either. Also, many may have a "stash" of diapers but it could be for reasons like a good deal, delivery methods, whatever. They wouldn't really be hoarders in the negative sense either. I mean, we're all hoarders to an extent.

Hoarder is defined by allwords.com: One who hoards; one who accumulates, collects, and stores.

Well, you could say if you have more than one stamp you're hoarding, or more then a couple cans of peas a hoarder, or someone who has any sort of collection a hoarder.

The hoarding the people have on this show is a different type and is an actual medical condition.

Pathological Hoarding defined by medterms.com:

Pathological hoarding: Excessive hoarding of material goods, a condition that affects up to 40% of people with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Excessive hoarders, who fill their houses with accumulations of junk, usually newspapers, bags of old clothing and lists, tend to experience more anxiety, depression and social disability than OCD patients with other symptoms. Hoarders are also less likely to seek help.

Pathological hoarders have decreased activity in the anterior cingulate, a brain structure involved in decision making and problem solving, compared with people with other OCD symptoms. The hoarders also show less activation than the healthy subjects in the posterior cingulate, an area involved in spatial orientation, memory and emotion. Hoarding may therefore have a distinctive basis in brain activity.

Also check out Wikipedia: Compulsive Hoarding

At this site you'll also discover book hoarding, animal hoarding, and digital hoarding. Most cases involve some sort of OCD and the hoarding is somewhat considered a disease when it affects there health, living conditions, mobility and the items are useless or the items are in an unmanagable number.

So hoarding really all depends on how you look at it. To me, my diapers are a collection as I use and discard them and the unused ones I save, don't affect anyone or anything around me.

• Like 1

I probably qualify as one who hoards diapers. I just can't resist buying them if I find a good deal on them... and I look for good deals way too often. I probably have close to 400 diapers right now. The worst part is that my wife doesn't know about my fetish (I know, I know, big mistake) so I have to keep them hidden. On a positive note, I get to wear 5 days a week while my wife is at work (I work from home) so I do go through a lot of diapers.

I probably have close to 400 diapers right now. The worst part is that my wife doesn't know about my fetish (I know, I know, big mistake) so I have to keep them hidden.

Wow. You, sir, are the man. Or are you married to a blind woman and you neglected to tell us?

Wow. You, sir, are the man. Or are you married to a blind woman and you neglected to tell us?

She is not blind. I keep them in big plastic bins in a locked closet. It was her idea to put a lock on the door since that is where I keep my guns.

I am really trying to get the number of diapers down, but I can only wear so many diapers in a week :) My downfall was finding a lady who had eight cases of Attends for sale, for $10 each. It took all of my willpower to only buy four of them. Then recently I found another lady selling four bags of Depends for $10.