LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Value Of People

I've been thinking a lot about this particular subject in the past few days. Some people don't know just how valuable they are. I know many of our friends in here have difficulty attributing value to themselves. This morning a client we helped get a motel room for a week, provided groceries for her and her children, gave her three changes of clothing for her and her four children, and hooked her up with other agencies to help her in her time of need called me a racist fatherless child. Why? Because she doesn't understand just how valuable she is, and can therefore not understand the intrinsic value of others. She missed our Christmas toy sign-up and has no money to buy toys for her children. She's angry and lashing out and I get it. I'm going to buy presents for her kids, and when I give them to her I'm going to give her a big old hug and tell her that she's wonderful. She is.

Her courage is inspiring. This is the first time in twenty-two years she's been out of a job. Her husband left when they lost their house. Her kids are staying with his parents and they won't let her stay in the house with them. Yet she set about finding help any way she could. She came to us and I was able to send her to other organizations that could help her. She's living in her car now that she has a place to shower every day and clothes to change into, and a place to wash her clothes when they need it. Every day she's out beating the street looking for a job. She's thin as a rail and hoping against hope that somehow she can reunite with her children somewhere for Christmas. This is a brave lady and she has all my respect.

There are lots of brave people facing unbelievable odds every day. Many of us are haunted by horrors of the past, yet we find time to encourage one another, and laugh together. Every time I go into the chat room I get blessed. I love reading through the posts and stories. I feel like I belong to this collection of people. And I want you to know that you are all heroes in my eyes. Merry Christmas! God bless us, every one! Or, as the ghost of Christmas present says in The Muppets Christmas Carol "Wherever you find love, it feels like Christmas!" Diaper on dudes! Luv and hugs!

• Like 3

I have allways had trouble knowing my value. My neighbors say i can fix anything and alot of time do it for free. since i am on disability for bipolar, i often feel useless since i cannot hold down a job. It's not that i don't love working i get stressed out and have mania spells ( where i stay up for days) i found that my ab side is very relaxing, and when i go into mania i have to but my diapers on thicker and keep my nuknuk with me for the calming effects. and when it is all over i have my baba and go to sleep

I have allways had trouble knowing my value. My neighbors say i can fix anything and alot of time do it for free. since i am on disability for bipolar, i often feel useless since i cannot hold down a job. It's not that i don't love working i get stressed out and have mania spells ( where i stay up for days) i found that my ab side is very relaxing, and when i go into mania i have to but my diapers on thicker and keep my nuknuk with me for the calming effects. and when it is all over i have my baba and go to sleep

oh don't get me wrong i have tons of image issues, however i know i'm called to something great, i just tend to nto see how i'm gonna get there.

In the end what we accumulated means nothing. What we leave behind means almost nothing. It is what we were and who we were that is remembered ;) We're all humans tossed into a crazy unfair world that dumps on us all too regularly, and it's how we deal with that which makes us who we are B) At times we all lash out with little regard for who gets hurt because we need relief. We say things we don't mean but when we calm down we need to let those we hurt know that we still care and that we didn't intend any harm :angel_not: Allow time for this from others, for someday all will either see the light or prove themselves not worthy of any more of concern until they do :rolleyes: What little we can personally contribute adds up to the total of who we are and in the end only people really matter B)

Never give up on the things which are right and proper even if you know you will never see the results of doing it- it keeps the dream alive for others who will follow you :D

Bettypooh

Just when I thought my life sucked...... Thanks for that post Turtle, Bless you and your organization. Times are tuff, been there done it! I hope you can put just a small smile on those kids face for Christmas. It's such a shame the kids have to suffer during this time of year. Perhaps another organization such as a local fire department or the Marine reserve can be notified of the children. I'm sure they will help. Merry Christmas to you and your Mommy!:thumbsup:

Turtlepins, what a wonderful post! Yes there are some people who just won't make anything of themselves because of laziness. There are a whole host of reasons we are like we are.

At the same time (and I'd rather not turn this political or into any kind of rant, but...) there seems to be a pretty heavy attitude out and about from many people of "I've got mine...tough luck for you!" I think this may be a version of the old 'trickle down economics'! Once I have five times too much, the poor slob below me can get whatever I happen to drop and so on down the line til unfortunate people like this woman have no reason to think they're worth anything (financially or otherwise!). Of course, it is NOT all about money but neither is the initial attitude.

Turtle, I give you all the credit in the world for doing what you are doing! Please don't ever forget or diminish YOUR worth!

Turtlepins: Nice post!

Everyone is here for a reason. We just don't know why. You're right about leaving a legacy to be remembered by. It's not the material things that matter, it is the joy you bring to others. That's the real value of human life. Just because a disorder keeps someone from being the breadwinner in the family doesn't mean that one has no value to others. A child who dies shortly after birth still provided many months of happiness and closeness to the parents. How you treat others is so important if you want to succeed in real life (not material life). So I leave you with this:

Anyway

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.

Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.

Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.

Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.

Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.

Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you help them.

Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.

Give the world the best you've got anyway.

By: Mother Teresa

Regardless how anyone here feels about Christmas, what Turtlepins posted is the MEANING of Christmas. It's what Christmas is supposed to be about. Thanks for the awesome reminder Turtlepins! It's always nice to be reminded that there are people out there who genuinely still care about other people.

myself i have no problem with. i can do some things, i cannot do others. in the job i have my abilities are appreciated and approved of.

other people who grew up in the "me" generation dont have the inward respect to see themselves as useful. i mean even if i lost my job, and didnt have any money i can still grow a garden, i can still hunt for food, i can get by. i KNOW i can make a go of it regardless. most people do not and fail victim to despair and "i cant do it" mentality.