LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence And Family

I was wondering if you have children, and you have incontinence, do you tell them about it? I am about to have my first child on December 3rd and I'm not sure how to handle this situation when it comes time that they would understand what is actually going on with me. Do I hide my catheters and diapers and try to keep it a secret, or when they are old enough, do I just explain everything to them? If you do tell them, what would be the right age? What if they see me with nothing but a diaper on? Any feed back would be greatly appriciated.

Children are needy and nosey. They WILL find your diapers or enter the room at the wrong time and see you diapered. Age appropriate info is called for. For little ones: "Daddy needs help staying dry" should be enough, for older ones: the truth is always good.

I have been wearing a diaper for many years, when my son was born it was a challenge to buy diapers for him and me. My son and I grew up wearing diapers. He eventually was potty trained and is now wearing "normal" underwear for boys. I on the other hand still wear them, and he is used to seeing me in a diaper. It is not that difficult. I wear diapers for urge Incontinence and my son knows my diapers.

I dont have kids my self. but my nephews all know i wear diapers. they were told that there uncle tommy. got sick and his bladded was hurt and now he is all better is bladder has been damaged. Its cute when im out with the little guys and the family and my little buddy joey. comes up to me and asks if i need to change my diaper. I some times say i dont think so buddy why. and once he said because your butt is has a wet spot. and i think you need to change uncle tommy.

I then said i think your right. thank you buddy. and he said just watching out for ya. to this day. everytime i go to my sisters house. joe tells me not to drink to fast or Ill have to change my diaper. during the movie. and ill miss it.

Bobby, I have a daughter that just turned 4 and only once has she pointed and said "Papi, you wearing pampers!" (that was around 3 months ago and has to wear them in the daytime too." She just smiled and said "OK".. that was that. She has seen me wearing only diapers several times before and never said anything about it. A few weeks ago she asked her mommy *uugghh* (while buying her pullups) if she could get some "pretty pink princess ones for Daddy". When asked why she said,"'cuz Papi needs them too an they pretty." My wife was a bit embarrassed from the comment around other people but since then nothing has been said and she knows now it's not something to talk about. While packing for this last weekend for a vacation, I was putting hers in her suitcase and was a little surprised when she saw that and very "matter of factly/politely" asked not to forget mine too. I try to keep it as discreet as possible but all in all it hasn't and doesn't seem to be an issue.

babytommy - that's downright adorable hehehehehe

I didn't really have any say in it. The kids were at grandma's while I was in the hospital and she apparently told them that I was probably going to have to wear diapers for awhile. I know she was just trying to help, but I had been trying to figure out how and when to tell them (they're 6, 4, and 3) not knowing she already had. So imagine my surprise when they came home and my daughter asked, "Daddy, why did grandma say you have to wear diapers?" After a few seconds contemplating choking my mother-in-law, I decided it was already done and there was no need to be upset about it.

I was changing this morning (about 15 minutes ago), and my 4-year-old barged into the bathroom. I politely asked him to go back to the living room and he said, "Can I get one of your diapers for you?"

At least they're helpful...

i think when they are young its easy for them to understand better. as they are dealing with there own problems too. but then again when i have my own kids. i dont want my kids to think that they will be in diapers for ever and dont need to get potty trained.. as im waiting for the day they say. "why do i have to stop wearing diapers when daddy wears them all the time" thats going to be hard i think dont know untill that day happens. but i would turn and say daddy did need to wear diapers till i got injured and my bladder got hurt and daddy now needs to wear them so he dont have accidents.

Children are needy and nosey. They WILL find your diapers or enter the room at the wrong time and see you diapered. Age appropriate info is called for. For little ones: "Daddy needs help staying dry" should be enough, for older ones: the truth is always good.

The truth is usually best. Our kids never slept in our bed, but there were times when after a nightmare or during a storm that we got visited. I never tried to hide it, but I didn't walk around the house in just diapers and plastic pants either. When they asked I explained, letting them absorb the information at their own pace. By the time they were teens it wasn't ever a problem and no, my kids didn't want to wear diapers as adults. (At least none have come out with that!)

The truth is usually best. Our kids never slept in our bed, but there were times when after a nightmare or during a storm that we got visited. I never tried to hide it, but I didn't walk around the house in just diapers and plastic pants either. When they asked I explained, letting them absorb the information at their own pace. By the time they were teens it wasn't ever a problem and no, my kids didn't want to wear diapers as adults. (At least none have come out with that!)

Well of course not! Seeing a parent wear them has made diapers thoroughly uncool! :)

• Like 1