LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Precautions With The Flu!

H1N1 Flu Shot  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be getting the H1N1 Flu Shot

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

wait what is the track record with MMR and gardisil? while i [personally am against HOW they are advertising for gardisil. i.e. the vaccine in and of itself does not prevent cancer, only a virus that has been linked to cancer... i'm not against the vaccine....

Seriously.. its the friggin flu... the flu comes around every year, people get sick, some people die from it... ...

its just the flu.

That's just it. It ISN'T "Just The Friggin Flu". This is H1N1. A nastier strain. It isn't the "common flu" that rolls around each year.

Maximize your odds... take the vaccine if your in an at-risk group.

Seriously.. its the friggin flu... the flu comes around every year, people get sick, some people die from it... just like everything else... use common sense... but if you over sanitize then you are now allowing your body to build up natural resistance and then become even more susceptible to illness, this is esecially true for young children who are just building up immunities, and instead are stuck in a sterile home and school environment and then as adults catch everything known to mankind..

its just the flu.

Well said Sarah_AB. This is why diseases like MRSA and VRE exist. We over sterilize and over medicate to the point that we are limiting our natural immune responce and we're breeding super infections like MRSA. What I can't understand is when I see a person taking antibiotics for the flu. I saw this at our clinic when people would come in from the ER with a script for an antibiotic with the flu as the Dx. It's nuts. Then there are the antivirals like Tamiflu and Relenza. Those are a whole other can of worms. The common side effects of those are enough for me to say "no thanks, I'll just deal with the flu".

I don't know why people are unaware that one of the best treatments for any flu is Vitamin C, rest, and plenty of liquids. No real need to take some synthesized, compounded, man-made antiviral when good ol' vitamin C will do the job.

That's just it. It ISN'T "Just The Friggin Flu". This is H1N1. A nastier strain. It isn't the "common flu" that rolls around each year.

Maximize your odds... take the vaccine if your in an at-risk group.

But it isn't a nastier strain! compared to what we face every year. By all accounts its less lethal compared to the seasonal one. Bird flu was a true risk, this isn't.

wait what is the track record with MMR and gardisil? while i [personally am against HOW they are advertising for gardisil. i.e. the vaccine in and of itself does not prevent cancer, only a virus that has been linked to cancer... i'm not against the vaccine....

Start here Just some posts on a medication forum about gardasil only 250 measly posts. By far more posts than most other medications. The real fun is when you get to the stories about viral meningitis and parents feeling guilty about making their kids take the shot after their kids died. Fun times, fun

There are even a few news reports on CBS/ABC News about it. Youtube them if you want.

I don't trust Peter Mandelson, he said we all had to have it before retraction, therefore I distrust what he says.

Besides, he is a vampire (he was bitten by Michael Howard) and is now undead, therefore cannot die.

He was a vampire long before michael howard was involved.

*sigh* Once again the lack of knowledge of "comparative risk" rears it's ugly little head.

If the odds of getting sick from the vaccine are lower than the odds of getting sick from the flu, take the stupid vaccine. I have yet to see ONE real article on the dangers of the vaccine.

Googling for "H1N1 vaccine issues" is like looking for "grassy knoll theories". You'll get a ton of hits, and most of 'em aren't worth the silicon their written on.

I suppose you think polio vaccine is a Bad Thing too, eh?

Sorry... but this is one issue that just makes me fume.

I have to agree with you. The odds of avoiding the flu with the shot are GREAT. Even if I have a strong enough immune system to survive the flu, I could still pass it onto others that do not have that ability.

With every flu shot some people do have complications or die. Yet thousands of people die each year because they "DID NOT" have a flu shot.

I have yet to see any scientific evidence that supports these wild claims made on the internet and in the media that the vaccine is worse than the virus.

I guess the one good thing is people are free to "not take it"

I was wondering however, most Americans it seems will get the shot from their family doctor. Is that the case if you were to do this? Do any Americans have to pay for the Flu Shot?

The shot is free in Canada and I expect in the UK as well.

So does the government have the right to make you get the vaccine?

Also here's a neato site you should look at.

Some facts about vaccines. <- Bonus points to anybody who can find some of these ingredients in the pamphlet I posted above. :thumbsup:

Well I went to that site. I suspected it would be a site opposed to vaccines, but it is in fact a site set up by people that "DON"T want vaccines of any kind.

As to your question about the government making one take the vaccine, I suppose generally no, but then protection of the larger community may make it so sometimes.

I voted Maybe, as it's highly dependent on if they finally managed to fill the order, here. We're in severe shortage/rationing situation with the vaccine, here. At present, they're only letting the "high risk" people have it.

I don't know why people are unaware that one of the best treatments for any flu is Vitamin C, rest, and plenty of liquids. No real need to take some synthesized, compounded, man-made antiviral when good ol' vitamin C will do the job.

Vitamin C isn't a preventative. It's a cure. It won't keep you from catching disease. It'll help you get over them once you've caught them. The idea of vaccines is to prevent you from catching them in the first place.

ok...i am high risk...but i will not be getting it!!

a few reasons

one is that i have crrently got it....oink!!...so i shuldn't pic it up again!

the other is that i am sensitave and my skin crawls with the normal one...with both i might just be too bad after!!

having said that i will be getting the normal one...i will suffer a lil but i have had flue 2 times this yaer and dont want it again!

hugs all

juniper

xxx

Isn't that kinda like saying "I've had the cold once already, so I shouldn't get it again"? Viruses then to recirculate. When I was living with my folks, it wasn't uncommon to get over a cold or flu, only to get it again from a family member caughing in my face.

i did think that....they mutate and stuff...but still not having it...heck most nurses arnt, that gotta say somthing!!*i diddn't tell you that!!*

i just think my body bearly takes 1 flu shot....i hate to think what 2 will do....

apparently it might not be good for me as i trying for baby too...they dont know enough about it....i guess i am looking for excuses a bit too...

but it was bad ...oink...dont want it again!!

hugs

juniper

xxx

The overall lack of understanding of statistics and probability is going to be the downfall of our society.

In 1976, about 25% of the United States was vaccinated against the '76 Swine Flu. That's 53,000,000 people. 500 of those people might have gotten Guillen-Barre syndrome (0.00094%), and 24 might have died (0.000004%).

There was a great article in the November's Wired about the vaccine fear. It's nice to see well-reasoned, legitimate articles every once in a while.

I already have the seasonal flu shot (not dead from it), and I'm seriously hoping I can get the H1N1 shot before I actually get catch it. I've had a couple of friends catch it, and they say it's the worst flu they'd ever had. One of them was out of commission for 2 weeks. I'd not much of a gambler, but I'll take the 0.000004% chance of dying over feeling like I'm coughing up glass for a week, and being delirious with fever.

The overall lack of understanding of statistics and probability is going to be the downfall of our society.

In 1976, about 25% of the United States was vaccinated against the '76 Swine Flu. That's 53,000,000 people. 500 of those people might have gotten Guillen-Barre syndrome (0.00094%), and 24 might have died (0.000004%).

There was a great article in the November's Wired about the vaccine fear. It's nice to see well-reasoned, legitimate articles every once in a while.

I already have the seasonal flu shot (not dead from it), and I'm seriously hoping I can get the H1N1 shot before I actually get catch it. I've had a couple of friends catch it, and they say it's the worst flu they'd ever had. One of them was out of commission for 2 weeks. I'd not much of a gambler, but I'll take the 0.000004% chance of dying over feeling like I'm coughing up glass for a week, and being delirious with fever.

Thank you for this. Here is a link to an extensive article on issue of vaccines here at Wired Magazine.

see for me the wierd thing is that when i had a weak immune system (from immunosuppressents <<sp...) i was fine for years, i lived in a big city, never got any thing!

came off them this year....got flu twice...last time piggy flu, oink!

it went on my chest was in bed for a week....no anti biotics as i am immune to so many and it is realy last resort...and would need to give sample to be sent to labs were they see what combo will kill it.....

thing is, yes it was yukk, but i got over it...no tamiflu eaither...just lots of rest and fluids...

im having seasonl flu jab as soon as i am well enough but thats it...

i belive bird flu and piggy flu and everything elce is not nice, but sometimes we will get these things and theres realy nothing we can do!

personally i am more worried about myself and my son getting menangites (<<sp?) we both have eczema and it will be hard to spot! so i fear by the time i spot it will it be too late??

so i could go around, as many mothers do worrying about everthing....but what kinda life would that be for us all....

each of us have our reasons to have it...or not, i can see both sides of it, but for me i just think that there are so many other things that could be far worce.

hugs

juniper

xxx