LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Computer Builders?

Wasn't too hard actually. I pre-researched all the parts to select stuff that plays well together and basically knew all the install from swapping out parts over the years.

had a little trouble with the CPU tempature, but redid the thermal compound and heatsink - added a couple extra fans for insurance; and all seems good now. Running at 22c at startup and staying around 30 when in use. Rand Warcraft and was getting no lag and 60fps with no heat issues.

Wasn't too hard actually. I pre-researched all the parts to select stuff that plays well together and basically knew all the install from swapping out parts over the years.

had a little trouble with the CPU tempature, but redid the thermal compound and heatsink - added a couple extra fans for insurance; and all seems good now. Running at 22c at startup and staying around 30 when in use. Rand Warcraft and was getting no lag and 60fps with no heat issues.

Not too bad.... I remember on I built in the very early days.... the heat sink dropped off :S "hmmm its running a bit slow...." "oh dear". Managed to get it replaced through :X

Weeee just installed windows 7. Was going to post about how hard it is to find all my fave little programs again etcetc but http://ninite.com/ installed em all before I finished the post, so into Firefox now :D. It was a breeze to install just some faffing about with my wireless connection, seems windows doesn't like WPA but does work with WPA2, go figure :/. Shame I had to reset my router cause I forgot the password, so have to redo all my port forwarding :(. Also need to find all those little addons that make firefox great again.

Oh well, I got a 5.9 on windows exp as well, the hard drives holding me back too.

2hours is nothing! I've had installs of xp lasting over 3 :S

Yeah. Two hours is pretty good for Winblows. Lol

Not Win 7 but my Kubuntu upgrade to it's newest version took over 7 hours, to think that it didn't work correctly. It woulda upgraded faster if I would have chose not to upgrade on Release Day. Lol. I ended up having to backup and reload my whole system, got around to that, I hit the same problem again... I was just looking in the wrong spot for the fix. =\ I spent like 12 hours on my machine, just upgrading and reloading last night...

my roommate spent two days upgrading to win 7 and had to do some light programming, but that's because he needed to mess with the key code authentication :whistling::angel_not:

nice looking computer there DailyDi, does it have any LED fans or cold cathodes in it? I guess I have to post a picture of my setup now, I'm a little worried though because my computer is so unique that its easy to tell its mine if someone I knew came across it on this site, but oh well...

when I have a little free time later I'll write up my opinion on raptors/velociraptors for you DailyDi

Yeah. Two hours is pretty good for Winblows. Lol

Not Win 7 but my Kubuntu upgrade to it's newest version took over 7 hours, to think that it didn't work correctly. It woulda upgraded faster if I would have chose not to upgrade on Release Day. Lol. I ended up having to backup and reload my whole system, got around to that, I hit the same problem again... I was just looking in the wrong spot for the fix. =\ I spent like 12 hours on my machine, just upgrading and reloading last night...

I take it that was including downloading? If not then you can't really call windows crap :P

I take it that was including downloading? If not then you can't really call windows crap :P

Yeah, It WAS including downloading, but you have to account that the Repositories for the 'buntu's are going to be CRAZY SLOW on release day because a lot of people are upgrading..

If I'd of waited a couple of days, I could of upgraded in probably an hour.

• 1 month later...

Whew! Custom PC's can be a pain! My build had an overheating problem, to the point I thought the motherboard was bad. Turns out my processor runs unusually high and required an insane cooling system. Rebuilt it tonight and stress-tested it. Now it maxes out at 60 degrees with all 4 cores at 100% Thermal limit is 100 so I should be good now. Had to take out a couple of case fans just to get this thing to fit:

Coolermaster_V8.jpg

ok i'm impressed. congrats on your new comp :thumbsup:

i built my own comp a few months back and this is my build:

x ciclo cooler master case (full atx tower with 5 fans)

intel core 2 quad 3 gig processor

3 2 gig reaper ocz 2 gig sticks of ram (they have heat displacement pipes to disperse the heat from overclocking your ram.

apower 850 watt ak series power supply

2 1 tb seagate sata hdd's

asus p5q3 deluxe motherboard (built in 5.1 surround sound card and onboard operating system incase windows crashes)

23" samsung sync master 2343bwx widescreen monitor

i installed 64 bit windows vista before i set up the raid so i haven't put my second harddrive to good use yet because they have to be formatted for it which will erase my data, as soon as i can afford it i'll be getting a external harddrive to make an image of my drive then get raid going. the whole system cost about $1,200 but i overdrafted my account for $400 before i could get the rest of the goodies i was drooling over so i had to go with the processor's stock cooling fan which does a decent job (the hottest i've seen it run at a full load was 48* celcius) and a friend gave me one of his old graphics cards which isn't too good so that's bringing my windows score down to 4.4.

unfortunately the lack of decent cooling has prevented me from overclocking it, not a big deal because it almost never lags unless i'm playing a next gen game. the only game that i've had to play on the min graphics settings is dragon age: origins, the higher settings make it skip a few frames which is slightly annoying but it still looks good in low detail.

if you're anything like me building your own comp was insanely fun and gave you an excuse to let your repressed inner geek play.

i hope you had fun ^_^

I had a lot of fun building it. Was actually impressed with myself on the rebuild, whole thing took about ahalf hour. Tore it down to parts and rebuilt it to be sure everything was right and secure. When cash allows I'm going to do an i7 next