LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Psychiatry Report On An Adult Baby

Yeah I've read it a couple of times. The guy sounded like a sad case to me. It's sad in our society that people have a hard time finding what they want so therefore people like this guy uses therapy as an attention getting tool to try to find an understanding lady to act as a mommy role which in this case was the psychiatrist.

i read that and it was a spitten image of me as im 35 and was diagnosed with infantilism back in 1982 im beter shape now i dont want 2 grow up im 2 now and loving it and have a loving GF and son that is almost 2 i was told 2 let it run its course but its still running 4 me im such a big baby boy

Is it just me or did none of the Dcotors involved in Mr. A's case study have a rmote damn clue as what to diagnose or do? This is why I think psychiatry is a joke or at least a junk science. They basically acknowledge that a fetish isn't a mental disorder and then try to back track on that statement. I found this rather humorous. The first subject definitely had issues though, to me if your fetish interferes with real life then you have mental problems.

I'll be damned if someone's gonna tell me I have (another) syndrome, on top of that treating it as if it was some super-sick perversion....being an AB to me is trying to recapture some innocence, and have childish fun like i couldn't have when i was a kid.....I'm doing what probably a lot of the world only wishes they could do, set all their cares aside for a while and have pure, wholesome fun.

Is it just me or did none of the Dcotors involved in Mr. A's case study have a rmote damn clue as what to diagnose or do? This is why I think psychiatry is a joke or at least a junk science. They basically acknowledge that a fetish isn't a mental disorder and then try to back track on that statement. I found this rather humorous. The first subject definitely had issues though, to me if your fetish interferes with real life then you have mental problems.

I take a bit of offense to this seeing as that I'm a psych major.

This article actually reminded me of why I wanted to become a psychologist.

Mr. A didn't come to the office to beg and plead for attention. (Though it did happen that way, which says more about him) But he came to try to break himself of his lifestyle. It seems like when Mr. A is alone, doing his baby thing, he gets lonely and depressed. So he goes to seek treatment to get himself to straighten up and fly right so he can go and have a 'normal' social life. But when the doctors tell him that in order for this to happen, he would have to cut back on the 'destructive' behavior. Which he does not want to do. He wants to have his baby life, but also a social life with it. And until Mr. A finds a good mommy or daddy to live with, than he will continue this circle of doing what he loves, but hating how isolates him.

This just goes to prove the universal advice of "practice moderation".

I really hope that once I'm in a position of credibility, that I can start working on finding ways to help people have the social interaction that they desire, but the fantasy and desires that they dream of. Be it wanting to be babied, wanting to be a sex slave, or wanting to be sneezed on.

please remember, when you are a psychiatrist/psychologist etc...etc...etc.... you do not do anything, if the patient doesn't want to change, then there is nothing you can do. Clearly Mr. A wanted the easy way out and wasnot willing to work towards anything. While i do see faults in the way the professional handled the sitaution, inevitably the fault lies with Mr A for not seeking out a better qualified or experienced professional and for not being willing to do the work to improve his situation. Its sorta like school, the teacher gives you the skills but you still have to utilize them in order to do well. The therapist will give you skills but if you aren't willing to use them, you will not succeed.

Moana,

You've got a great point.

I personally don't like how every single thing I've seen in the mainstream media so far has portrayed our community as a bunch of freaks to some extent or other. I watched that CSI episode "King Baby" and the reaction to his other side made me sick to my stomach, even Family Guy--one of if not my favorite show ticked me off with the episode where Brian ends up in diapers because Stewie starts making fun of him and pressuring him.

In the past few decades, it has become okay to be open about sexual orientation, and to a lesser extent BDSM has been on the road to acceptance. I say that because the last GTA:LCS mission I played didn't have me takin pics of a dominatrix (if you've played you prolly remember that mission).

Meanwhile, those of us who are for the most part on the opposite side of the spectrum so to say from BDSM, are ostracized.

Being here has really changed my outlook on many things, for example, I used to swear that Jacko was guilty, but now I realize, he wasn't after what he was accused of, he was an Adult Kid! To prove my point, just look at the day he showed up to court still in his PJs. It's a shame he got into drugs--because that I CAN'T condone, but had he actually come out, he could have been someone we as a community could have rallied around, in a similar way to how the LGBT community rallied around Ellen.

No offense intended moana, i just personally believe people go into psychiatry to mask or justify their own insecurities. Nothing really wrong with that, just find it funny whenever that proves itself out. It's kinda like a racial stereotype except career oriented. I ran into an old ex from six years ago and she is bi-polar and on social security and guess what she wants to be? Yup a shrink. Stereotypes are fun when they come true.

In the past few decades, it has become okay to be open about sexual orientation, and to a lesser extent BDSM has been on the road to acceptance.

Meanwhile, those of us who are for the most part on the opposite side of the spectrum so to say from BDSM, are ostracized.

I thought it was part of bdsm, so I'm just as confused as you are.

sorry was referring to the first quote where the reader says this is the opposite side of the spectrum from bdsm, for many here, even if its not sexual, its about having someone else be in control, to be dominated by an alpha personality, whether sexual or otherwise... to me thats pretty Dom/sub....