LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Loosing Bladder Control Can Be A Good Thing

I put this thread of the "Depends" forum.

Guess I was looking for a more open minded reply.

And maybe a good night time alternative...

Hello,

I know there are many AB/DL "lurkers" here and that's ok.

I have been a "DL" for years.

The reason why I write this is because I am now in my early 40's, seeing a urologist and slowly loosing bladder control.

Most of the time it's just leaks before of after going to the restroom.

Now it has progressed to some bed wetting.

I don't wish to have nocturnal enuresis, but I didn't want it as a child either.

As I get further in my 40's I have learned to "give in" to the rigidify that has controlled me from age 10 up till now and learned to RELAX emotionally as well as physically.

Right now I wear the belted undergarments for moderate protection when I'm out all day.

At home, I don't wear anything usually, but I'm starting to more as my bladder relaxes when I sleep.

I have gone back to plastic sheets and washing sheets every day.

It is in some ways comforting to know that even if I wet the bed, I am in charge.

I feel more in control that whenever I can remember.

Is this belief and /or feeling something I share with anyone else?

To be honest, I feel a bit like a "nut" for feeling this way.

• Like 1

The same thing has happened to me, only I'm in my mid 50s. I recently went to an urologist, the cost was staggering. He diagnosed me with OAB and perscribed some pills, that I've yet to take.

I've been a DL since my early teens so wearing diapers and plastic pants is not an inconvenience. My bladder is also weakening during the day so for long trips (one hour or more) I wear diapers.

As I said, I don't mind wearing diapers almost all of the time, the only reason I went to the doctor was to make sure there wasn't something else going on.

There are much worse things that can happen to you than having to wear diapers and plastic pants.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, there are times it gets old, just like everything else. There are no days when I wish I could go without diapers. They are my lifeline to sanity! That's the truth.

true vary true

DO you know what has caused the loss of control? Could it be diabetes? I have been diagnosed this year with type 2 and the symptom that led to it was weakening bladder. Have had umpteen bladder infections with it. Have started finding that when I stand up in the morning out of bed, I get the urge to pee and it have to hold back as soon as I feel the urine moving along my urethra. Also when I bend to lift the seat or put the bath plug in, I might leak small amounts of urine. Have noticed my underwear has started to smell pissy - hope no one else notices. Is this likely to get any worse, does anyone else have urinary symptoms from diabetes?