LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab/Dl Parents With Ab/Dl Kids

Unless I saw serious problems (grades slipping, neglected responsibilities, withdrawal from the family, etc.), I'd probably just let it be. I wouldn't actively enable the fetish (e.g. buying diapers for the kid), but I wouldn't disallow it, either. I certainly wouldn't impose my own fetish on him, much less have him participate.

That pretty much sums the whole thing up to me. As we all know, if a kid is into diapers (or any other unusual fetish/lifestyle/habit for that matter) then there is no point whatsoever in trying to stop them doing it because you've got pretty much a zero percent chance of succeeding. I'd prefer not to know that sort of thing about my step kid's private lives and so long as they were discrete, I would probably just ignore it. Were it to become unavoidable, I guess that the "I don't want to see that so please keep it behind your bedroom door" conversation would have to happen.

It's highly unlikely that I'd make a big deal of it though. Some things are best ignored.

Is don't ask don't tell so wrong? :rolleyes:

I don'tr know how I qwould react, I'd hope that I didn't do anything to contribute however what my child wants to be and do in life is ultimately his/her decision. If I didn't approve I'd let them know however they are my child so I would love them regardless.

For the most part I agree with you. However the parents influence is not everything. I'll be honest I was spoiled sooooo badly and being the youngest of 4 kids I was allowed to be me and of course as a kid it corrupted me :D . Growing up I threw a lot of tantrums when I didn't get what I wanted, I was snobby, rude, without manners, I wasn't polite and I was selfish. At my age now I won't say I'm still not spoiled lol but being around other people taught me social etiquette, it taught me about the differences in the way people are and the way they grow up and to be polite to people. I could be the most rotten, selfish and rude, unmotivated person this world has ever seen but I'm not. This is a testament that all this bunk about that all children need structure, prohibition and to be sheltered is just not true and if this woman chooses to be liberal as a parent and the kids are happy then leave her alone besides it's not your business.

Thanks for standing up for me and my children. Honestly, I catch hell quite often from people who do not understand the concepts fully. But when i compare my children to other children, I notice a difference. I notice that mine are happier, it seems anyhow, they are more content, and we do not have any power struggles. We have a good relationship with the children, and our communication lines are open, unlike most who withdraw from their parents because they feel like their parents are not more than dictators that look down at their youth and the last thing their parents could care to do is take the time to understand them rather than take so much time barking commands. Not downing any who are different. I'm just stating what I observe.

When they do fight with one another, as does happen with siblings, we all sit down and talk about a solution that will make everyone happy. My children learn so much about how to interract in society. Rather than parents making all of the decisions for them because they are believed to be dun and know nothing because they are children, my children work to solve problems on their own. They are tought problem solving skills that even some adults don't know. So, if anything, they will be very equip to go out into the world when it is their time.

Also, his tax dollars do not pay for my children's backside to be wiped because my children are on scholarship to a private school for possessing above average intelligence. And because they are nine, they take care of their own stuff. I did not MAKE them be this way. This is what they chose.

My children were extremely terrified of the potty beyond belief, and I did not feel comfortable forcing them to do something that scares them all because it is part of conforming. Not to mention, psychologists give enough information concerning trama and fears. If one is forced to do something he or she is terrified of, especially if they are children, the effects can be traumatizing and dammaging. As a mother, I do not want to traumatize and dammage my children.

My daughter is showing an interest and will possibly be trained completely in the next few months, as she is intelligent and catching on fast. Who knows what will happen to my son. i'm not going to influence him either way. It is not like he is shelter and has never seen a potty or how it works. He knows enough to make an informed decision when and if he wants to make it.

• 6 years later...