LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Absynthe

Well , My 20th birthday is comming up and ive never drank more then a sip of beer in my life. What I was wondering ifshould Absynthe be my first drink? I've been a fan of Marilyn manson for a while and alot of his watercolors were of absynthe on canvas. But I was thinking for drinking purposes. Anyone try it before? whats it like?

Guest MunchKitten

Absynthe is very trippy stuff, I don't recommend it, plus you have to go to the UK to get the good stuff (US stuff unless imported from the UK doesn't have Wormwood (the stuff that makes you hallucinate). I'd love to try it, but I haven't yet, then again I'm not 21 yet.

You will never get real absinthe in the USA unless you order it online. Even then there is a chance customs will keep you from getting it. The majority of absinthe is alcohol which by itself is not tasty and to make taste worse the herbs used in it are bitter beyond belief. Absinthe taste like chewing on chrysanthemum leaves.

I would say the best way to introduce alcohol to yourself is vodka and (anything really) mountain dew.

Vodka is clean and almost tasteless meaning you can mix it with lots of stuff like, soda, slurpees, orange juice, other liquors.....

Personally I prefer beer as my choice of drink because it's so complex and that it is legal to brew.

Basically all I am saying from this is that absinthe (real or not) tastes nasty and is not a good way to introduce yourself to alcohol.

The best part of this post....I am drunk

Guest lucys junibug

i love bacardi always have.....and i am in the uk so can get good Absynthe, not that i've tried it....

and i have been able to drink since i was 18 :D .....just wanted to rub it in....hehehe

xxx

juniper

Dude, no.

I know nothing about absinthe, but I had tequila as my first 21st birthday drink. One tequila alone got me drunk - let yourself enjoy feeling "loose" for a bit instead before getting all out smashed...

~ moogle

best to wait till you are 21 before experimenting... ;)

awful advice

age has nothing to do with it at this point

IMO you are old enough to drink no matter what the laws are. I say go with vodka, rum, gin, tequila, whiskey...try it all......try something....i say whatever your friend likes who is 21 drink that. the bonding will be greater

just remember that alcohol comes in many forums....just because one dont work for you dont mean none will work for you....

...when you are young you WILL vomit...but once you learn your body all will be well....its all part of the process.

awful advice

Drinking legally for two years and thinks he is an expert! Please sobre up.

Acemanner,

if you wish to try alcohol, then try alcohol. If you wish to celebrate your birthday - then celebrate your birthday. As a novice to alcohol, please don't mix the two. I presume that you want to remember the celebration for good reasons, and not for the possible bad - possibly drunk & disordely, maybe abusive, will be sick, massive hangover for a day or two, might end up in hospital etc.

All the 'alcoholics' have not told you the negatives from overindulging in a drug/poison such as alcohol. The mention the 'good'. Ask yourself why? When you answer that question, you will learn that alcohol dulls the mind, and as such - the 'alcoholics' either don't know the 'bads' or can't remember.

As I suggested, enjoy your birthday celebration, but do it sobre. If you wish to have a drink at a later stage, do so at your own pace and time., but don't let alcohol ruin your birthday.... and like others, your life.

Guest MunchKitten

Vodka tasteless? my ass! Also, a good bomb idea is Half a can of Amp (any flavor) half any GOOD vodka (skyy, smirnoff, etc) any size works, but remember, the bigger the can, the more vodka, the drunker you get. http://www.drinknation.com/drink/Applesauce (applesauce) is also AWESOME, although it gets you drunk quickly, and isn't cheap (4.50 at a bar I think, the 4 we got were on the house. W00T) Stay away from Josie, hes not my friend, nor a lot of my friends.

Guest MunchKitten

oh and a word of advice NEVER and I mean NEVER Mix and match dark and light alcohol (lights like vodka, darks like Jack D's, etc.), you WILL puke.

a friend just had her 21st b'day a few days ago, she BARELY remembers the night, but we did spend close to $300 on booze.... and yes, she felt like shit.

All the 'alcoholics' have not told you the negatives from overindulging in a drug/poison such as alcohol. The mention the 'good'. Ask yourself why? When you answer that question, you will learn that alcohol dulls the mind, and as such - the 'alcoholics' either don't know the 'bads' or can't remember.

seriously way to be a buzz kill... but on an even more serious note, thank you for injecting a voice of reason/caution.

while i indulge in a drink, it is for the taste, not to get drunk, but i too turned 21 once, and celebrated it by going out with a friend (who remained 100% sober as in not drinking any alcohol whatsoever) and i myself drank enough to become drunk, but having a friend with me who i trusted, i did not drink to black out, and did not drink till i vomited, and was driven home safely.

celebrate your birthday, just be smart about it.. dont make your 21st birthday your last birthday

It's his 20th birthday. Personally, I've seen alcohol destroy enough lives to stay well away from it. Among other things, alcohol is a poisonous substance, which is why it causes drunkenness. I'd say be smart and don't drink. But if you wanna wreck your body and mind, go right ahead. But, don't expect any sympathy from me when it bites you in the ass...

Really this is a 1 time thing for me. I just want to do something other then just cake and ice cream sorta thing , im not drinking just to get shit-faced, thats not my idea of fun. But i just want to do soemthing new and have a good time.

side note- Thanks for all the advice and I still have a few months before the party so this isnt a spur of the moment thing

Absinthe, hmmmm, I wouldn't recommend it. A high-vodka like Grey Goose or Absolut are good options for your first drink, as higher end vodkas do tend to go down like water.

If you go beer, I would suggest a "green beer", like Rolling Rock. It's pretty cheap and has a taste to it without being overpowering to a first timer. Personally though, I enjoy Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Also, might I suggest weed?

i love how doing something new and exciting for your birthday means drinking ... honestly, why not plan some cool party somewhere, or go somewhere neat... i mean why does cool and exciting have to translate into drinking an alcohol which if you have 2-3 shots can MAKE YOU GO BLIND.... not sure that equals cool and exciting....

go camping...

take a train somewhere for the night,

take a plane somewhere for the night

go camping by a lake and go skinny dipping

go to a hotel just down the road and pretend to be a tourist from out of town

save up your money and treat yourself to a shopping spree

have all your friends pool together and get a super nice hotel room for the night in a really nice hotel, get all dressed up and hire a limo to take you there

go to a zoo, or an aquarium, or a musuem...

seriously there are so many more things you can do other than just 'drinking for something new to do'... if tahts the best you can come up with you really need to get out more...

Why are there so many fuckin' sheltered pussies on the internet? :huh: acemanner? Best thing you can do for yourself right now this very second is find someone to buy you a handle of Jack and fuckin' drink it! Cut the fuckin' umbilical cord already....SHEESH! Reading this thread is enough to make someone get fucked up.

Why are there so many fuckin' sheltered pussies on the internet? :huh: acemanner? Best thing you can do for yourself right now this very second is find someone to buy you a handle of Jack and fuckin' drink it! Cut the fuckin' umbilical cord already....SHEESH! Reading this thread is enough to make someone get fucked up.

Yeah i guess you right. But i dont want to turn drinking into a hobby.So this really is just a 1 time thing with friends. At this point in my life, I really dont have anything going on so i'd probbaly end up drinking, I just dont want to turn into an alchoholic, I have enough problems as it is >..<

( starts to sing "I drink alone" to himself)

Sorry for implying you were a sheltered pussy. I was in a bad mood last night. I'm certainly not one to advocate a blitzkrieg of alcohol for someone who doesn't drink. It can kill you. I just simply meant:You should do what YOU want to do. You're almost 21 now and alcohol CAN be healthful in very minimal doses. A beer a day keeps the doctor away. Have fun with life. I had so much fun growing up,I'm still paying for it. In moderation,I might not be paying for it now. In one year,the bars will be overrated and overexpensive anyway.

sides having ONE drink is not going to make you an alcoholic.. seriously... lighten up.. its good to be cautious, and to keep yourself in check, but one drink does not make an alcoholic and if you buy all that straight edge bullshit you need to have a reality check.. edgers will all try to scare you.

i'm not trying to say dont drink.. just you might wanna consider WHY you automatically associate drink with fun and exciting.

I won't BS you- drinking can become addictive though it doesn't do that with everyone. You can't know till you try (but then it's too late if you become addicted!) I doubt that you'll waste your life over a drink or two at this point so go for it wink.gif There's so much variety in alcoholic beverages that you can't possibly try them all. For a starter I'd recommend a "Mudslide" but just one. These have a kick you don't realize till you try to stand up again. Irish Cream, Kahlua, and Vodka in that one. Or wine: for starters something on the blander side would be best. Or Beer: let a beer-knowledgable friend who knows your tastes recommend which one. I loved the Ales back when I drank beer and preferred a Newky(Newcastle)over anything else if I could get it but that was a developed taste.

One hint not yet mentioned- most alcoholic beverages (especially before mixing) taste pretty much like they smell so sniff around and if you don't like the way it smells you probably won't like the way it tastes either. And listen to the Bartender's recommendations- they know their business at least as well as their customers and usually better beer.gif

Don't drink on a empty stomach. Don't drink on a stomach full of sweets. Do drink a full glass of water before drinking alcohol: it lessens the after-effects. Do have something for a headache ready in case you need it. If I have to tell you not to drink and drive then just don't drink at all- problem solved biggrin.gif

Bettypooh